Groups

psn question.

I still have my month free ps plus membership from when I joined psn. This is available on my ps3 for activation. I was saving it for a rainy day but today I will unbox my brand new ps4 will it be available also for ps4 or will I lose it? can anyone answer? as maybe I get free ps plus trial on both consoles I'm really not sure and don't want to waste anything especially when I have little games atm.

any help be so greatfully appreciated

much thanks x

13 Comments

Pretty sure psn subscription carries over, console independent. I don't think you'll get another free trial but the trial you already have will work on the ps4

carrys over its linked to account not console, so you can have it on ps3,vita and ps4 but you only get one free trial, pretty sure it doesn't give you the free games

Edited by: "voyager123" 8th May

Original Poster

thanks

i still own my ps3, and when I had ps+ last month it was available on my ps4 and ps3. under the same profile of course.

Original Poster

NuMatic

i still own my ps3, and when I had ps+ last month it was available on my … i still own my ps3, and when I had ps+ last month it was available on my ps4 and ps3. under the same profile of course.

​nice 1

voyager123

carrys over its linked to account not console, so you can have it on … carrys over its linked to account not console, so you can have it on ps3,vita and ps4 but you only get one free trial, pretty sure it doesn't give you the free games

It does give access to the PS Plus games, they'll be playable as long as the trial lasts. When the trial ends they'll have a lock on them, to play them again you'll need to subscribe.

BroonSauce

It does give access to the PS Plus games, they'll be playable as long as … It does give access to the PS Plus games, they'll be playable as long as the trial lasts. When the trial ends they'll have a lock on them, to play them again you'll need to subscribe.

Not true. You can add them to your library and download/install whenever your PS+ is active. Once downloaded and installed you can play them without PS+/internet connection. Once you uninstall them they still gonna be listed in your library available for download when you subscribe back to PS+.

Simply:
    With PS+ you can add monthly freebies to your library and they will stay there forever.
    You can download them only when PS+ is active.
    You can play them even when PS+ is not active.

Unless any of them requires internet connection for online features (like multiplayer) those are useless without PS+

M015T

Not true. You can add them to your library and download/install whenever … Not true. You can add them to your library and download/install whenever your PS+ is active. Once downloaded and installed you can play them without PS+/internet connection. Once you uninstall them they still gonna be listed in your library available for download when you subscribe back to PS+.Simply:With PS+ you can add monthly freebies to your library and they will stay there forever. You can download them only when PS+ is active.You can play them even when PS+ is not active.

What I said is wholly correct. When your trial/subscription ends a lock will be placed on all free games downloaded in that period. If you click on one of said games you will get this message "Cannot use the content. Your licence has expired. To use the content, purchase it from Playstation Store."

Simply:
    See my original comment.

M015T

Not true. You can add them to your library and download/install whenever … Not true. You can add them to your library and download/install whenever your PS+ is active. Once downloaded and installed you can play them without PS+/internet connection. Once you uninstall them they still gonna be listed in your library available for download when you subscribe back to PS+.Simply:With PS+ you can add monthly freebies to your library and they will stay there forever. You can download them only when PS+ is active.You can play them even when PS+ is not active.

Nope sorry but you're totally incorrect - once your subscription lapses you lose access to all games you got as part of your membership. Installed games will stay on your hard drive but will not start.

Original Poster

it's caused me all sorts of agro already ps3 forever

BroonSauce

What I said is wholly correct. When your trial/subscription ends a lock … What I said is wholly correct. When your trial/subscription ends a lock will be placed on all free games downloaded in that period. If you click on one of said games you will get this message "Cannot use the content. Your licence has expired. To use the content, purchase it from Playstation Store." Simply: See my original comment.

Yep, you're right. Apologies for saying you're wrong without proper check!

Jez777

Nope sorry but you're totally incorrect - once your subscription lapses … Nope sorry but you're totally incorrect - once your subscription lapses you lose access to all games you got as part of your membership. Installed games will stay on your hard drive but will not start.

That's right. I was wrong. Sorry for commenting without proper check.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66

See more discussions