PSN top up?

Found 28th Jul 2011
just wondering if anyone could tell me if you are a couple of quid short from buying what you need on the PSN Store can you pay the difference with a bank card or do you have to buy £25 credit??
Community Updates
MiscPSNPS3
19 Comments
£5 is the minimum you can add to the Wallet funds.

This can be by card if desired.

BFN,

fp.
Original Poster
fanpages

£5 is the minimum you can add to the Wallet funds.This can be by card if … £5 is the minimum you can add to the Wallet funds.This can be by card if desired.BFN,fp.

cheers that'll do save buyin £25
you can top up the ammount you need by credit card (or at least I have in the past). When I went to pay I was short and it allowed me to pay the remainder by my linked card.
Original Poster
DTR

you can top up the ammount you need by credit card (or at least I have in … you can top up the ammount you need by credit card (or at least I have in the past). When I went to pay I was short and it allowed me to pay the remainder by my linked card.

just tryed had to take £5
Yep even if ya need to add £1 PSN will take £5. It's really annoying. Stops me buying some stuff when I am only like £1 short.
CyDoNiA

Yep even if ya need to add £1 PSN will take £5. It's really annoying. S … Yep even if ya need to add £1 PSN will take £5. It's really annoying. Stops me buying some stuff when I am only like £1 short.

The same is true in most high street retailers due to the fees incurred processing the card payments.

BFN,

fp.
Yeah I kinda understand the reasoning but then it would be nice if they didn't do that for debit cards like a lot of retailers that don't mind small amounts on debit cards.
CyDoNiA

Yeah I kinda understand the reasoning but then it would be nice if they … Yeah I kinda understand the reasoning but then it would be nice if they didn't do that for debit cards like a lot of retailers that don't mind small amounts on debit cards.

I frequently spend 30p and other silly amounts at Tesco while using a debit card to pay X)
It would be nice if the PSN store adopted this but I can't ever see them doing it...
Yeah doesn't make sense for them but then it is annoying wanting to buy some £1.50 game in a sale and knowing ya have to spend (or atleast tie up) £5 to get it.

Works in PSN's favour don't it? Makes sure you spend more without them even trying to convince you to.
CyDoNiA

Yeah doesn't make sense for them but then it is annoying wanting to buy … Yeah doesn't make sense for them but then it is annoying wanting to buy some £1.50 game in a sale and knowing ya have to spend (or atleast tie up) £5 to get it. :pWorks in PSN's favour don't it? Makes sure you spend more without them even trying to convince you to.

If you are only buying games at £1.50 a time you wouldn't have to "top up" your wallet balance every time, of course; just after every third purchase from PlayStation Store.

Is it really that much of an issue to add at least £5?
If you cannot afford to do that I would suggest that you don't really need to spend £1.50 on a game.

However, adding £5 rather than buying a £20, £25, £35, or £50 PlayStation Network Card for credit does help out 999lofty.

BFN,

fp.
fanpages

I think in sonys case i have a sneaky feeling this is to make more money. not to worry about card fees......! End of the day you should be able to buy a game on the psn store for the price shown. not have to buy certain amounts of credit, so hopefully sony can tempt you into spending more than you wanted to.

Edited by: "manc80" 29th Jul 2011
manc80

I think in sonys case i have a sneaky feeling this is to make more money. … I think in sonys case i have a sneaky feeling this is to make more money. not to worry about card fees......! End of the day you should be able to buy a game on the psn store for the price shown. not have to buy certain amounts of credit, so hopefully sony can tempt you into spending more than you wanted to.

Is this any different to buying Nintendo Store or Microsoft Xbox LIVE points?

I think you just need more willpower if you feel pressured into buying something you don't want!

BFN,

fp.
fanpages

Is this any different to buying Nintendo Store or Microsoft Xbox LIVE … Is this any different to buying Nintendo Store or Microsoft Xbox LIVE points?I think you just need more willpower if you feel pressured into buying something you don't want! :)BFN,fp.

no different at all. they are all robbing *****! I think you miss understand my point. Willpower has nothing to do with it. you have to get more credit in most cases than the thing you want to buy, therefore have money left over that lots of people spend on junk they wouldnt normally buy.
eg. game is £7 you have to buy £10 of credit. Then sony get another £3 of your money you probably wouldnt have spent.
Think of as £3 towards your next purchase, but yeah I know what you mean, there will always be a bit of money that will be left unspent.
Abvance

Think of as £3 towards your next purchase, but yeah I know what you mean, … Think of as £3 towards your next purchase, but yeah I know what you mean, there will always be a bit of money that will be left unspent.

£3 towards you next purchase, which you are now more likely to make.....(_;)
My arguement is only that this is nothing to do with fees and everything to do with encouraging you to spend more.
fanpages

The same is true in most high street retailers due to the fees incurred … The same is true in most high street retailers due to the fees incurred processing the card payments.BFN,fp.

found this interesting. Never experienced a high street shop not allowing me to spend under a fiver on my card. There did used to be a corner shop/off licence nearby that did this but thats the only time i have known it. Can you tell us which ones do this out of interest FP? cheers
manc80

found this interesting. Never experienced a high street shop not allowing … found this interesting. Never experienced a high street shop not allowing me to spend under a fiver on my card. There did used to be a corner shop/off licence nearby that did this but thats the only time i have known it. Can you tell us which ones do this out of interest FP? cheers

Greetings cards stores I know for sure; at least the ones I have been in. Woolworths also to be same.

Mind you, now that "Birthdays" has gone into administration, & I expect you know what happened to Woolworths, there may be a lesson to learn there.

BFN,

fp.
fanpages

Greetings cards stores I know for sure; at least the ones I have been in. … Greetings cards stores I know for sure; at least the ones I have been in. Woolworths also to be same.Mind you, now that "Birthdays" has gone into administration, & I expect you know what happened to Woolworths, there may be a lesson to learn there.BFN,fp.

hmmm... my cornershop/off licence went the same way...... watch out sony.....:D
thats odd, I've definitely purchased the exact ammount to buy something. I click to buy and it tells me I do not have enough funds and I can purchase the exact ammount if I want.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions