Groups

PSP = are they any good?

I have a DS but want another portable game system. I have heard Little Big Planet is good, but what other games? Is a PSP good? What are the different types of PSP - I have seem many versions of the PSP when I look on Amazon?

Also are thet any good deals?
    Rep for help

15 Comments

well,I have both-the ds is great for the brain training/prof layton stuff and mario kart is the bomb.

the big advantage of the ds is the kids games I reckon but my style of game is tiger woods/gran tourismo/fifa etc and the psp is the portable system to go for on these styles of games-the ds is more "cartoony" in style and graphics,the psp is the one for realism-was playing the new formula one game on psp today and its amazing.

not having a go at the ds btw-just think its 2 different styles. for sports/driving games(mario kart aside) the psp is the one.

Original Poster

Thanks Barky....anyone else?

Little big planet isn't on the psp I don't think. It's only on the ps3 as far as I know

PSP is in my opinion the best handheld console. The graphics are great, you get an internet browser, microphone, lots of stuff, and you get good games such as Gran Turismo, LBP etc

The best deal i guess is currently on Very, with the £30 off code its about £117 for a PSP 3000 and a game
    Well there may be better ones though but thats after a quick browse

matt3454;6993601

Little big planet isn't on the psp I don't think. It's only on the ps3 as … Little big planet isn't on the psp I don't think. It's only on the ps3 as far as I know

It's on the PSP too

matt3454;6993601

Little big planet isn't on the psp I don't think. It's only on the ps3 as … Little big planet isn't on the psp I don't think. It's only on the ps3 as far as I know

A quick Google would have saved you some time.

CFW - nuff said

Original Poster

adrian96;6993685

CFW - nuff said

whats CFW?

bargainhunter2009;6993848

whats CFW?

Custom Firmware

Original Poster

DarkKnight;6993863

Custom Firmware

um....sorry to sound dumb, but whats that?

thesaint;6993669

A quick Google would have saved you some time.

Seeing as its only just come out i don't think theres any need for the rude reply.

Wouldn't expect any less from you to be fair, always have been a tossar ent ya?

DarkKnight;6993631

It's on the PSP too

Cheers, didn't realise it had just come out.

DarkKnight;6993616

PSP is in my opinion the best handheld console. The graphics are great, … PSP is in my opinion the best handheld console. The graphics are great, you get an internet browser, microphone, lots of stuff, and you get good games such as Gran Turismo, LBP etcThe best deal i guess is currently on Very, with the £30 off code its about £117 for a PSP 3000 and a gameWell there may be better ones though but thats after a quick browse

Its a decent console, just not enough 'must have' games though in my opinion.

The webrowser is (was? haven't used it for 2 years) awfully slow though.

Banned

PSP is much better than a DS imo

bigger screen, much better graphics capability, great for watching divx, mp3s, photos etc

oh, and CFW

ds vs psp chinatown wars

youtube.com/wat…t1Q

and you can get a 2nd hand one on hukd for £50-£60

I've got both the PSP and the DS. The DS gets almost daily use whilst the PSP generally sits on the shelf attracting dust. I'm not suggesting it's a bad console, far from it, the options for multimedia and games are excellent with the CFW installed. The problem is it's portability and the quality of the games.

The DS is simply a fantastic games console, with numerous highly addictive, highly replayable games that can be picked and put down in as short or long a period as you're playing. I can also take it out and about with me and not be constantly worried about keeping it protected due to the build quality and clamshell design.

Just for the record I own both a PS2 and a PS3 so I'm definitely not biased against Sony products. :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains1211
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…55
      4. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon44

See more discussions