psp broken screen where to get fixed

Found 3rd Feb 2010
my son accidently stood on his back pack it had his psp in and when he went to turn it on the screen inside is broken if that makes sense the outer screen isnt damaged at all, can this be repaired or will we need to buy him a new psp
thanks for any help

12 Comments

Which psp is it?

JaYy_dOg;7744138

Which psp is it?

Only the phat has the screen described by the OP/

Original Poster

no its a slim one

i think ? it was bought about 18mths ago and its skinny and smaller than my bros hes is a few yrs old does that make it a slim ? heehee im female

SABJ;7744228

no its a slim onei think ? it was bought about 18mths ago and its skinny … no its a slim onei think ? it was bought about 18mths ago and its skinny and smaller than my bros hes is a few yrs old does that make it a slim ? heehee im female

The "skinny" one doesn't have an outer screen. :?

Yes, it would be a slim. £27 thereabouts

dealextreme.com/det…241

Original Poster

thesaint;7744283

The "skinny" one doesn't have an outer screen. :?Yes, it would be a … The "skinny" one doesn't have an outer screen. :?Yes, it would be a slim.http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.24241

maybe i didnt describe it well its flat screen and hard plastic, you cant see its cracked or broken till its switched on then u see it but cant feel it ?? mmm im not so good at describing this, is it fixable or do we need a new one do you know ? :thumbsup:
its alot slimmer and smaller than my bros tho unless theres a few types is there :thinking:

oh you must of edit while i was on replying thanks for that :thumbsup: repped

I bought a screen and replaced it myself. its very easy.

*********.co.uk/Son…156

£24.95 and a lot of careful patience.

Original Poster

thanks for that dont think i would dare but ill show hubby the links and see if he wants to try will be cheaper than buying a new one :thumbsup:

repped

SABJ;7744313

maybe i didnt describe it well its flat screen and hard plastic, you cant … maybe i didnt describe it well its flat screen and hard plastic, you cant see its cracked or broken till its switched on then u see it but cant feel it ?? mmm im not so good at describing this, is it fixable or do we need a new one do you know ? :thumbsup:its alot slimmer and smaller than my bros tho unless theres a few types is there :thinking:oh you must of edit while i was on replying thanks for that :thumbsup: repped

On the bottom of the PSP will be a serial number, does it end PSP 2003?
If so, the one I gave a link to is the correct one.

Not sure if I can say but I've got one you could have for free it's got 1 dead pixel but it's tiny I'm really picky and replaced it let me know of you want it

Original Poster

TheJamesS;7744416

Not sure if I can say but I've got one you could have for free it's got 1 … Not sure if I can say but I've got one you could have for free it's got 1 dead pixel but it's tiny I'm really picky and replaced it let me know of you want it

yes please :thumbsup: ill check tomorow its the right one and it will fit, hes in bed and its in hisroom and then ill pm you to pay postage ect thanks :-D
very kind of u

TheJamesS;7744416

Not sure if I can say but I've got one you could have for free it's got 1 … Not sure if I can say but I've got one you could have for free it's got 1 dead pixel but it's tiny I'm really picky and replaced it let me know of you want it

great gesture, repped.

Original Poster

thesaint;7744400

On the bottom of the PSP will be a serial number, does it end PSP 2003?If … On the bottom of the PSP will be a serial number, does it end PSP 2003?If so, the one I gave a link to is the correct one.

just looked its psp2003 so that is the one you sent link for thanks so thejamess your screen should fit i will pm you now thanks again very kind of you and my son will be pleased, now hopefully his dad can fix it :-D
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery2689
    2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!564112
    3. EA shuts down Visceral Games.610
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769272

See more discussions