Groups

PSP Faceplate?

Hi my psp screen is cracked Not sure if it the faceplate or not..
    If i buy a faceplate off ebay, is it the type that i can put my finger straight through where the screen is, or does it have a plastic bit on?
    Thanks
    Jac
    Hope that makes sense!

4 Comments

Has the plastic thing on it but i dont recommend it as i did it and got dust on the screen and could never get it off - plus the faceplate didnt fit very well --- worth a go but be careful when you do it

hmm -- the question is, what were you doing when the screen cracked? *grin

I repalced the faceplate on my son's psp form ebay and was very pleased with it. It had the plastic screen. I bought off ************.co.uk/neb…ahk and it came quickly. Just one thing. Re-Use the existing buttons rather than the supplied ones as I found them to be better. Also, to remove the face plate, look up in U TUBE as there is one screw hidden under a label in the battery compartment and the U Tube video shows you where they are (also you do not have to remove them all).
    Hope this helps

Just another note. I see that you think it might not be the faceplate. Well if it wasn't and it was the LCD, the LCD would run (big black blotch), and you need a new screen. I also replaced the screen in my other son's psp (twins) and that was easy too - took 15 mins but now I have done one i could do next in 5 mins. The U Tube video also shows you how to do that and you can pick up a screen for around £21 - £24 or so on ebay. NB make sure it is the one with the back light otherwise you have to strip off the back light from existing - too complicated and definately not worth saving about £1.50
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764371
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?32176
      3. Deleting chats on Facebook Messenger89
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846232

See more discussions