PSP Go = Epic Fail

Found 25th Sep 2009
tgs.gamespot.com/sto…-go

what an absolute joke, sony have finally put the nail in the go's coffin with this announcement. Hopefully this will be a monumental failure for Sony

1. Misc
  2. PSP
  3. Sony
18 Comments

Not read the article, but console is well good. So much better then the current one...

tbh UMDs sucked anyways,

It's no epic fail.

1. Why would a PSP owner be buying the PSP Go anyway? surely they will just be staying with their original handheld

"We were evaluating a UMD conversion program, but due to legal and … "We were evaluating a UMD conversion program, but due to legal and technical reasons we will not be offering the program at this time," a Sony representative told GameSpot

So it could happen in the future

summary no conversion for umds so u your old games are basically useless

If you already have a psp and get a pspgo you get 3 free games (from a choice of 17)

muffin247;6398519

summary no conversion for umds so u your old games are basically useless

will be no problem once its cracked...

have been able to dump umd iso's for years

KillerChocobo;6398549

If you already have a psp and get a pspgo you get 3 free games (from a … If you already have a psp and get a pspgo you get 3 free games (from a choice of 17)

You get a free Gran Turismo game too right?

Original Poster

DarkKnight;6398514

It's no epic fail. 1. Why would a PSP owner be buying the PSP Go anyway? … It's no epic fail. 1. Why would a PSP owner be buying the PSP Go anyway? surely they will just be staying with their original handheld2.So it could happen in the future

could happen but the chances are they wont. is it not plausible that an existing psp owner wouldn't want to upgrade their console to a newer slimline version? effectively sony are restricting the number of possible sales as no one with a wealth of umd's will want to change over unless they can port their games with them

PSPGo doesn't have much going for it:
No retail games can be bought (no hot deals)
Shorter Battery life with no removable battery.
Slightly Smaller screen
Expensive (I mean it is reallly expensive)
No CFW.......................yet (give it a month)
No previous games can be played.

marshalex;6398671

could happen but the chances are they wont. is it not plausible that an … could happen but the chances are they wont. is it not plausible that an existing psp owner wouldn't want to upgrade their console to a newer slimline version? effectively sony are restricting the number of possible sales as no one with a wealth of umd's will want to change over unless they can port their games with them

But the PSP 3000 to PSP Go is not a huge upgrade, such as a Playstation 2 to a Playstation 3.
So paying more than £150 just for Bluetooth and a cosmetic upgrade wouldn't appeal to most PSP users anyway

does it play games off a memory card?

If so where do you Buy these games?

i just bought a shiny new red psp and i'm more than happy with it. didn't want to wait for the psp go, its fugly and the games will be expensive

DarkKnight;6398649

You get a free Gran Turismo game too right?

Yeah get gt psp free too

The way they have no UMD drive does mean that you are stuck waiting for leaked games or ones people have bought and upload to share.. but appart from that, it'll be simple to get the games on there..

Banned

got gt psp earlier today from a certain place, but no cfw to run it yet, going to buy retail version anyway which means il have to have (ofw 6.0 on slim, 9 can dwngrd bk to m33 at anytime) pain until new cfw,

as for the psp go i hope it fails epiclly, i just dont see the point of it at all, in any case it should be cheaper than the current psp 3000, seeing as the go does not offer a alot at all

Original Poster

personally i'd be pretty miffed if i brought 20 original psp games and only got 3 in return for purchasing a new go

Original Poster

thats something else thats just sprung to mind, surely sony will have a complete monopoly on the distribution of the games and as a result can charge what they like, thus making it uncompetitive, which microsoft and intel are always in the news for being accused of.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7771885
    2. Mens sketchers shoes, glitch £17,110.71 delivered at Amazon34
    3. Mobile Phone Unlocking Guide11
    4. CCTV to be introduced in all slaughterhouses in England in 20182282

See more discussions