PSP Memory card help please xx

23 replies
Found 4th Sep 2009
I've been told I need a memory card for the PSP I've got my son for his birthday....can anyone point me in the right directin please...as I haven't a clue wot I'm even looking for lol
Many thanks xx

23 Comments

You need one of these hun

hotukdeals.com/ite…7-/

That's an 8gb one though, you could always go for a smaller sized one

Original Poster

midlandscomics;6204810

You need one of these … You need one of these hunhttp://www.hotukdeals.com/item/469252/8gb-memory-stick-pro-duo-mark-2-17-/That's an 8gb one though, you could always go for a smaller sized one

Ah right thanks hun;-) Will he need an 8gb one do u think as he's only 6 and won't have many games as such?? Was hoping I wouldn't need to pay as much s that, but would do if it's needed of course:thumbsup:

hannah19790;6204849

Ah right thanks hun;-) Will he need an 8gb one do u think as he's only 6 … Ah right thanks hun;-) Will he need an 8gb one do u think as he's only 6 and won't have many games as such?? Was hoping I wouldn't need to pay as much s that, but would do if it's needed of course:thumbsup:

Not really, it'll only be used to save games and stuff, so a 1gb or 2gb one would be fine. You only really need a bigger card if you're going to save films or music to it

If you're buying games and only need it for the save games a 64mb, 32mb will be fine...

Should only cost you a couple of quid...

Original Poster

midlandscomics;6204879

Not really, it'll only be used to save games and stuff, so a 1gb or 2gb … Not really, it'll only be used to save games and stuff, so a 1gb or 2gb one would be fine. You only really need a bigger card if you're going to save films or music to it

Flodd;6204905

If you're buying games and only need it for the save games a 64mb, 32mb … If you're buying games and only need it for the save games a 64mb, 32mb will be fine...Should only cost you a couple of quid...

Oh that's not so bad then, is Play the best place to get them?? Thanks for ur help guys:thumbsup:

Original Poster

This is the cheapest I could find.....and smallest....is it the right thing and is it a good price to u know?? Sorry to be a pain;-)

play.com/Ele…tml

hannah19790;6204989

This is the cheapest I could find.....and smallest....is it the right … This is the cheapest I could find.....and smallest....is it the right thing and is it a good price to u know?? Sorry to be a pain;-)http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/741951/Sony-2GB-Memory-Stick-Pro-Duo-Mark-2/Product.html

It's not bad... but you may as well go the whole hog and buy the 8gb from Play for £17.99 at least then you can put movies or cartoons on for him...

And if it's a 1000 or 2000 you could flash it to play games from the memory card...

If you're adamant you'll only ever use it to save games place a wanted ad on fs/ft someone will probably give one to you for the price of a stamp...

I'm not sure how reputable this company is but...

bmcdigital.co.uk/cat…gle

and there must be others...

Original Poster

Flodd;6205007

It's not bad... but you may as well go the whole hog and buy the 8gb from … It's not bad... but you may as well go the whole hog and buy the 8gb from Play for £17.99 at least then you can put movies or cartoons on for him...And if it's a 1000 or 2000 you could flash it to play games from the memory card...If you're adamant you'll only ever use it to save games place a wanted ad on fs/ft someone will probably give one to you for the price of a stamp...

Flodd;6205045

I'm not sure how reputable this company is … I'm not sure how reputable this company is but...http://www.bmcdigital.co.uk/catalog/view/6mb-sandisk-pro-duo-memory-stick-ideal-for-psp?froogleand there must be others...

Hmmm....think I'll have to have a think then...ur right, seems daft not to spent the extra 8 quid really.....and I might need it in the future:thinking:
Thanks for all ur help again hun xx

Banned

or just get ebay item 130328600207 for £2.99 delivered (512mb)

Original Poster

csiman;6205372

or just get ebay item 130328600207 for £2.99 delivered (512mb)

Ahh now that's an option too, tanks hun :thumbsup:

Might as well get a large capacity mem card as can come in handy! :whistling:

Original Poster

Naeem786;6205811

Might as well get a large capacity mem card as can come in handy! … Might as well get a large capacity mem card as can come in handy! :whistling:

In that case.....lol I probably will:-D

Banned

Naeem786;6205811

Might as well get a large capacity mem card as can come in handy! … Might as well get a large capacity mem card as can come in handy! :whistling:

doubt a 6 year old will do anything but save games on it

why pay £7/15 more unnecessarily? :whistling:

Original Poster

csiman;6205911

doubt a 6 year old will do anything but save games on itwhy pay £7/15 … doubt a 6 year old will do anything but save games on itwhy pay £7/15 more unnecessarily? :whistling:

He won't but his mum might:-D

You'll need a pandora battery. Don't buy off Ebay most cards are fake. My advice.

Original Poster

adrian96;6206072

You'll need a pandora battery. Don't buy off Ebay most cards are fake. My … You'll need a pandora battery. Don't buy off Ebay most cards are fake. My advice.

A what?:? Sorry, not a clue with things like this lol

A pandora battery.

Original Poster

adrian96;6206442

A pandora battery.

U know wot I mean:p ...wot is one of those and wot do I need it for?? :?

hannah19790;6206485

U know wot I mean:p ...wot is one of those and wot do I need it for?? :?

You need one of those to put custom firmware onto it, so can get games which can be played via the memory card. Plenty of people on here which can help.

But dont need to worry about thatt yet, you aint even got a memory card lol

Original Poster

Naeem786;6206509

You need one of those to put custom firmware onto it, so can get games … You need one of those to put custom firmware onto it, so can get games which can be played via the memory card. Plenty of people on here which can help.But dont need to worry about thatt yet, you aint even got a memory card lol

lol, right got it :lol: Thanks again hun ;-) xx

Don't buy memory cards from Ebay, whoever suggested that is a right noddy!

Original Poster

thesaint;6206668

Don't buy memory cards from Ebay, whoever suggested that is a right noddy!

Aww bless em, they've probably just never had any problems........thanks for the heads up:thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition69755
    2. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…55
    3. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines54
    4. Win 1 of 30 Gin Festival, Eastbourne Pairs of Tickets (Value £30 per pair)11

See more discussions