PSP needs updating. What and how?

10 replies
Found 9th Mar 2011
Got a PSP running 5.00 M33 - 6, which i am aware is a bit behind the times. I believe this is where DarkAlex and M33 ended.

What's the newest custom firmware and how do i safely upgrade from M33?

10 Comments

Banned

If you contact Fanpages he is the font of all things sony and would be the prefect person to help

Dc

dog_cop

If you contact Fanpages he is the font of all things sony and would be … If you contact Fanpages he is the font of all things sony and would be the prefect person to help Dc

That's very kind of you to recommend my input, Dc, but I only have official System Software on my Sony consoles. I did have a "custom firmware" PlayStation Portable for a short time, but I sold it in the "For Sale / Trade" forum over 2 years ago.

There are other members better suited to answer the query though; I'm sure one/more will offer some advice.

BFN,

fp.

Original Poster

I've looked on pspcustomfirmware.com/ and there seems to be loads, seems HEN is the newest one, but i don't know the upgrade path.

It's a PSP 1000 if it makes any difference.

5.50 Gen D3 is where you need to be, have a look at forums.psp-hacks.com/f13…49/ and it'll guide you through the process.

Original Poster

Does that play all current games Gimme? I think the OFW is at 6.3 or something, is 5.50 GEN the latest best one?
Edited by: "peodude" 9th Mar 2011

Gimme

5.50 Gen D3 is where you need to be, have a look at … 5.50 Gen D3 is where you need to be, have a look at http://forums.psp-hacks.com/f133/the-hack-your-psp-mega-thread-t227349/ and it'll guide you through the process.

Then go from GEND to 5.50 Prome 4 to play the latest games, GEND is out of date...

psp-hacks.com/201…ed/

Original Poster

On a completely unrelated note to custom firmware, what are the must have games?

Currently got
- Bomberman
- Lemmings
- Sonic Rivals
- Lumines
- Worms Open Warfare
- FIFA 09
- Tekken Dark Resurrection

What else do i need? Not into really into shooters.

peodude

On a completely unrelated note to custom firmware, what are the must have … On a completely unrelated note to custom firmware, what are the must have games?Currently got- Bomberman- Lemmings- Sonic Rivals- Lumines- Worms Open Warfare- FIFA 09- Tekken Dark ResurrectionWhat else do i need? Not into really into shooters.

FIFA is completey useless on PSP compared to Pro Evo.

peodude

On a completely unrelated note to custom firmware, what are the must have … On a completely unrelated note to custom firmware, what are the must have games?Currently got- Bomberman- Lemmings- Sonic Rivals- Lumines- Worms Open Warfare- FIFA 09- Tekken Dark ResurrectionWhat else do i need? Not into really into shooters.

Prinny/Prinny 2

Mallinersha

Prinny/Prinny 2

theres loads
GOW, ridge racer, street fighter, rachet clank, jak,
music games -rock band, taiko drum master, DJmax portable
motorstorm, LBP, GTA
SNES, NES, GBA, N64, scumm emulators
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Typical cost of boiler installation67
    2. Invisalign dental braces in London11
    3. Cineworld - possible to book film for future at counter to save booking fee…11
    4. Aliexpress - To be trusted?79

See more discussions