Groups

PSP Slim and Lite Custom Firmware

Banned
    Is the only way to do this through the use of a pandora battery and magic memory stick? Also can I use a 32mb memory card? And how do I get it to put the latest firmware on.

Thanks in advance
    Rep will be left

15 Comments

Yes, it has to be done through the pandora battery (service mode battery) and magic memory stick. I don't think a 32MB card is large enough - I can't remember TBH. The newer releases of v5.00 M33 CFW replaces the standard PSP update option with that of one which connects to the CFW site, so it doesn't overwrite it with official firmware (there's an option in the settings to change this to use original, but it's set to use custom firmware by default).

You can't use a 32mb card, 64mb minimum, in real life 128mb is the smallest you wil find.

Original Poster Banned

Okay thanks is there a guide I can follow

Cheers

Banned

youtube

Original Poster Banned

I found one on Deal Extreme for £3 delivered, so just need a mem stick now, how do i get it to put the latest custom firmware on

Banned

youtube

a visit to [url]www.pspiso.com[/url] will help.

king1gazza;4014341

I found one on Deal Extreme for £3 delivered, so just need a mem stick … I found one on Deal Extreme for £3 delivered, so just need a mem stick now, how do i get it to put the latest custom firmware on

I have a funny feeling you will need an official Sony Pro Duo card, not just any old card. Don't quote me on that though things may have changed since I did my son's last year.

Mavis Cruet;4014674

I have a funny feeling you will need an official Sony Pro Duo card, not … I have a funny feeling you will need an official Sony Pro Duo card, not just any old card. Don't quote me on that though things may have changed since I did my son's last year.

SanDisk will also work :thumbsup:

Xb0xGuru;4014745

SanDisk will also work :thumbsup:

so long as the card is genuine and magicgate supported it doent matter the brand, just not a fake

You don't need a genuine Pro Duo(MagicGate), but I wouldn't trust anything else.

Memory has to be between over 512mb to 2gb max ......or it won't be reliable to work for the phat PSP ......not sure about Slim & Lite though !

Mecoconuts;4113341

Memory has to be between over [COLOR="Red"]512mb[/COLOR] to 2gb max … Memory has to be between over [COLOR="Red"]512mb[/COLOR] to 2gb max ......or it won't be reliable to work for the phat PSP ......not sure about Slim & Lite though !

I only use a 256mb card, no problems here.

I use a 64MB card, so that blows THAT theory out of the water!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764448
      2. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)11
      3. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.1422
      4. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …12

See more discussions