Groups

PSP VIDEO 9 - Any alternatives as it is extremely slow

Banned
    42 minute AVI file shows as going to take 3+ hours to convert!

Convertxtodvd manages to convert a 2 hour avi to dvd in 40 minutes.

Any tips on settings or is there a better alternative to psp video 9. I cant believe its soooooooooooo slow?

Thanks.

12 Comments

dvd santa?

win avi mp4 converter .if you no were to look it will cost nothing :thumbsup:. works on ipod psp very easy to use fast to good luck :-D

Original Poster Banned

thanks but all sorted now. I had the ENHANCE QUALITY setting to YES.

Once off, I now get a 45 min 350mb avi converted to a 200mb mp4 in 20 minutes.

csiman;2927321

thanks but all sorted now. I had the ENHANCE QUALITY setting to YES.Once … thanks but all sorted now. I had the ENHANCE QUALITY setting to YES.Once off, I now get a 45 min 350mb avi converted to a 200mb mp4 in 20 minutes.

Still too long, winavi is much faster - i think it does it in about 8-9mins.

Original Poster Banned

gd_miester;2927553

Still too long, winavi is much faster - i think it does it in about … Still too long, winavi is much faster - i think it does it in about 8-9mins.

obviously depends on your PC. Does winavi condense the filesize down?

csiman;2928515

obviously depends on your PC. Does winavi condense the filesize down?

Nah, file size is about the same - depends on quality settings.

Yes conversion speed depends on speed of cpu etc, i have tried psp video 9 and it was really slow in comparison.

Original Poster Banned

gd_miester;2928917

Nah, file size is about the same - depends on quality settings.Yes … Nah, file size is about the same - depends on quality settings.Yes conversion speed depends on speed of cpu etc, i have tried psp video 9 and it was really slow in comparison.

no good for me then. I like to at least halve the filesizes so I can get more on my 4gb card. Got 6 movies and 10 tv episodes on there now and still looks superb :thumbsup:

]SUPER.......for all your video converting needs

Original Poster Banned

shanecr;2929166

]SUPER.......for all your video converting needs

Thanks. I just gave SUPER a try but it is much slower than video9.

converting an avi into 480x270 PSP mp4 file and its been running 15 minutes so far and only 25% done and the output file is going to be 3 times the size of the input file (350mb will be 1gb! :w00t:)

the same file took 20 mins using video 9

worth a go though.

csiman;2929946

Thanks. I just gave SUPER a try but it is much slower than video9. … Thanks. I just gave SUPER a try but it is much slower than video9. converting an avi into 480x270 PSP mp4 file and its been running 15 minutes so far and only 25% done and the output file is going to be 3 times the size of the input file (350mb will be 1gb! :w00t:)the same file took 20 mins using video 9worth a go though.

doh lol. always seemed to work fine with me. dvdsanta is supposed to be good but it ALWAYS crashed for me.

Original Poster Banned

shanecr;2929958

doh lol. always seemed to work fine with me. dvdsanta is supposed to be … doh lol. always seemed to work fine with me. dvdsanta is supposed to be good but it ALWAYS crashed for me.

lol - dvdsanta always crashed with me too.

I'll stick with convertxtodvd and Video9. both seem to work very well now :thumbsup:

might try dvdfab for dvd film disk to psp format

csiman;2928964

no good for me then. I like to at least halve the filesizes so I can get … no good for me then. I like to at least halve the filesizes so I can get more on my 4gb card. Got 6 movies and 10 tv episodes on there now and still looks superb :thumbsup:

Wait, I meant to say about the same as what your getting - 350mb down to about 200mb.

It is worth giving it a try.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047101
      2. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941344
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767216
      4. Nintendo Ships Every Switch With a Hidden NES Emulator35

See more discussions