PSP vs DS Lite - which should I go for?

26 replies
Found 9th Apr 2009
I'm thinking of getting a handheld console for my little bro, and am considering PSP vs DS Lite. He's only 6 but a very smart 6 yr old !

Which is better for that age group? In terms of games which are available for that age, usability, etc. The PSP is only a little more but you get all the Wi-Fi and multimedia capabilities too (in case I have to use it!!!)

thank u

25 Comments

for a 6 year old? ds everytime. dsi if you want more out the box media support, but ds lites are pretty ok for multimedia i suppose with the likes of moonshell via a cart likes of dstt

Banned

I've got both but for a 6 year old DS wins hands down

The Ds has wi-fi capabilities as well don't forget.
The PSP will trump the DS on screen size and movie playback but i agree with Shane.

Go with the DS, has loads o games for all age groups (plus you can get a flashcard aswell)

R4 springs to mind with the DS

DS..........

My boys 5 and has a DS and loves it :thumbsup:

I've got both and I'd say DS all the time especailly because of the large variety of games for all age groups, PSP's only good for the internet browser and movies/music but for games i'd definately go for the DS.

DS lite + flash card

My 7 year old loves his DS

There's only one way to find out.....FIGHT! DS all the way

Original Poster

lol looks like DS wins hands down, just need to find a good deal for it now!

Definitely DS but make sure you get an R4 card

Original Poster

magough;4877736

Definitely DS but make sure you get an R4 card

not entirely sure what that is, can anyone explain? thanks

also, is the £50 difference worth paying for the DSi? Are the cameras and the SD slot really that useful?

Depends what kind of games he's into. My 6 year old son prefers his psp to his DS

I wouldn't get the DSi

I say go for the DS, he will love it. Theres lots of kids games. If I was buying it again now I would just get the DS lite instead of the DSi as it would just be used for games and I don't think the additions are anything special. You have to think about if he (or you!) would use the extras and if its worth the extra cash.

Go for the DS. Kids love the interactive games on them.

paperclip;4877884

not entirely sure what that is, can anyone explain? thanksalso, is the … not entirely sure what that is, can anyone explain? thanksalso, is the £50 difference worth paying for the DSi? Are the cameras and the SD slot really that useful?

R4 Card not sure if i'm allowed to explain it's basically a flash cart that allows backups google it.

And I wouldn't go for the DSi all it has is 2 cameras which aren't that good anyway some dsi exclusives no gba slot and a sd slot which is not much use.

Original Poster

pugw$sh;4878320

A very informative thread on DS and … A very informative thread on DS and Flashcardshttp://www.hotukdeals.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2326811&postcount=4

thanks that's quite useful. think I'll just go for a DS Lite, looking for a good for it price now

paperclip;4878627

thanks that's quite useful. think I'll just go for a DS Lite, looking for … thanks that's quite useful. think I'll just go for a DS Lite, looking for a good for it price now

The're £87.99 in toys r us at the mo.:thumbsup:

Original Poster

any suggestions for games would also be appreciated

Original Poster

Broxy;4878856

The're £87.99 in toys r us at the mo.:thumbsup:

they're £99 at additions direct so was going to order with a £30 off code but the white and silver are out of stock, don't really want any other colour (maybe black but they don't have that either!)

ifti;4877131

R4 springs to mind with the DS

custom firmware for the PSP, and my 6 year old watches ben10 on the PSP, excellent for holidays.

the ds lite has wi-fi and it is touch screen
and the psp has interent acess so i would go for nintendo ds =)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Wanted: Sweet Sundays code (5 points) please!!11
    2. School shoes - with lights77
    3. Has anyone used an online quote website for new windows?33
    4. Aliexpress - To be trusted?11

See more discussions