Groups
    EXPIRED

PSU

Bought a corsair 650w from ebay for 30 quid that was making buzzing noises. I knew it was the capacitors going but bought it anyways the psu rewarded my ignorance by blowing my motherboard. So I was wondering can anyone tell me if theres any good deals around at the minute on PSU's I'm looking for a 700/750w Thanks

7 Comments

Sounds like it was one of the crappiest cheapest possible PSU's with a Corsair sticker on it. I.e. fake. Happens all the time on Ebay.

Original Poster

yeah but would they not want proof of purchase?, naa I'm sure it's a corsair I don't have it to hand at the minute but I can remember the mould of the casing was the same

Original Poster

yeah I definitely want reliable I'm running a phenom 965 overclocked and 2 4870's so I'm thinking 700/ 750 just to be safe I was thinking of this
    dabs.com/pro…000

any thoughts? anything cheaper than this that's good quality?

Captain D0nkey

yeah I definitely want reliable I'm running a phenom 965 overclocked and … yeah I definitely want reliable I'm running a phenom 965 overclocked and 2 4870's so I'm thinking 700/ 750 just to be safe I was thinking of this http://www.dabs.com/products/xfx-750w-80--bronze-certified-single-rail-75R8.html?refs=52960000any thoughts? anything cheaper than this that's good quality?

im going to build pc with the same processor overclocked also with mid/high range graphics card and the usual hdd dvd writer etc....
    there is a program you can use to calculate the psu wattage needed
    extreme.outervision.com/psu…jsp
    i know psu's can get expensive but try that and see what it recommends i cant see you needing more than 650 unless your doing crossfire graphics
    this is the psu im going to use after alot of research spend the extra cash on the psu .

Original Poster

Anyone got a better psu for the price before I buy the xfx core edition 750w

Original Poster

yeah I'm gonna give getting it RMA'd a shot but still gonna get another psu as I couldn't be bothered to wait any longer to get the pc up and running its been sitting doing nothing for 4 - 5 months
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Show us your Photos 2017. September's Theme - 'Earth, Wind & Fire'32455
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047204
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767535
      4. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941357

See more discussions