PSVR Fix : Can I daisy chain 2 HDMI switches when bypassing processor unit?

Found 22nd Nov 2017
Hi, hoping someone can shed some light on this for me! Need some help please.. bare with me..

My current set up with the PSVR is using a switch that processes 4k@60hz and hdr so I can bypass the processor unit for when I want to play standard PS4 games without having to swap cables in and out as I have a 4k HDR tv..

but My question is can I have another HDMI switch to the mix? what I would like to do (as my TV only has 1 UHD HDMI slot) is go from PS4 Pro to the HDMI switch (output), then two inputs one to the Processor unit and the other off to another HDMI switch that outputs to the UHD HDMI slot in my tv and that switch will also have my Sky TV box plugged in too as another input to that switch. So this way I can get the best out of my set up for watching TV as well as using the Pro of VR all without switching cables..

But i'm not 100% if this would work? I had half hour last night tinkering with it and couldn't get the PS4 to display at all but could the Sky TV Box.. Does anyone have any ideas what I might be doing wrong of if this would even work?

I'm using certified premium HDMI cables between the 2 switches and into the TV..

Thanks!! Allen
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
You need to test the EDID with a laptop to make sure that the EDID from your TV isn't being overwritten or corrupted along the chain using the PS4 to TV path. It could be as daft as the SKY box telling the TV it has switched off so the TV reports no signal on the PS4 connection.

I'd recommend this approach as you can see live what is happening in the chain as the laptop will report the handshaking between the laptop and your TV.
kester7637 m ago

You need to test the EDID with a laptop to make sure that the EDID from …You need to test the EDID with a laptop to make sure that the EDID from your TV isn't being overwritten or corrupted along the chain using the PS4 to TV path. It could be as daft as the SKY box telling the TV it has switched off so the TV reports no signal on the PS4 connection.[Video] I'd recommend this approach as you can see live what is happening in the chain as the laptop will report the handshaking between the laptop and your TV.

Awesome thank you very much for this I'll Def check it out. But something else I've just realised too and been a doughnut I think, haven't used a bi-directional switch! It has 1xoutput and 2xinput.
allenjones200322 m ago

Awesome thank you very much for this I'll Def check it out. But something …Awesome thank you very much for this I'll Def check it out. But something else I've just realised too and been a doughnut I think, haven't used a bi-directional switch! It has 1xoutput and 2xinput.

Ouch, have all been there
kester765 m ago

Ouch, have all been there

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants