Psychics, Clairvoyants & Mediums, anyone taken in by this stuff?

Found 22nd Apr 2013
Just been watching Sally Morgan on PickTV...what a fraud she is :-)
not a patch on old Doreen Shadbolt ;-) I have exorciiiiiiiised the Demons

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
56 Comments

Derren brown did a wicked tv show and talked about it at the live show I went to (infamous) he showed how anyone can be a fake medium. It was awesome, he totally exposed this one medium who got really very defensive when Derren started to question his tactics
Edited by: "eme1i" 22nd Apr 2013

Banned

I asked a fortune teller to read my future. Suddenly, she went pale and sprinted from the room. So I grabbed the crystal ball, chased the cow down and beat her to death.

I wonder what the hell she saw in that thing.

Banned

eme1i

Derren brown did a wicked tv show and talked about it at the live show I … Derren brown did a wicked tv show and talked about it at the live show I went to (infamous) he showed how anyone can be a 'medium'. It was awesome

So why you still a large? X)

Banned

I can see myself working as a psychic in a few years...

No.

Charlatans preying on the stupid and the grieving.

Banned

ewwaxo

I can see myself working as a psychic in a few years...:p

That doesn't surprise me.

I am psychic. I forsee a lot more threads being spammed now a member has returned from his break. Hi btw.

D_G

So why you still a large? X)

Hahahaahhahahhahah DG shut up u give me so much jokes loooool

They are just the human ability to con others.

I can't make up my mind how I feel about them;

On one hand they are pure scum. Lowest of the low, preying on the hurt and deepest fears of the vulnerable.

On the other, a few quid could be a small price to pay for some hope/closure.

Either way, they are liars. But good or bad, I can't make my mind up.

2 Weeks ago my wife and I went to see Colin Fry in New Brighton on the Wirral, cost £18 per ticket. There were approx 1500 people in the theatre. The show lasted approx 2 hours with a half hour break in between, The first 15 mins of the show was Colin Fry talking about himself and his house in SPAIN ( No doubt dodging paying tax ). Anyway we went into the show with totally open minds however I have never seen such a cringe worthy performance totally wrong with a audience inaccuracy of 100%. He got so many things wrong that people started laughing. When he got a message he approached an area of the audience asking such random qustions that were very non specific, and if he got a sorry no response two or three times he would dump the audience member with the words that " when you get home and think about it , it will come to you".I am not a fool and pride myself on not easily being scammed but Colin Fry stole £18 x 1500 that night from every audience member.
Edited by: "grayfray" 22nd Apr 2013

Banned

They prey on the stupid, hurt and gullible.
That's what makes The Mentalist a good series, you can see what kind of tricks they use and how the likes of Derren Brown and Sally Morgan make big bucks. Sad but true.
Smart? Yes. Admirable. No.

Grayfray, good story.

grayfray

2 Weeks ago my wife and I went to see Colin Fry in New Brighton on the … 2 Weeks ago my wife and I went to see Colin Fry in New Brighton on the Wirral, cost £18 per ticket. ---I am not a fool and pride myself on not easily being scammed.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-iDtubtKIaKQ/UBzrPnqHIDI/AAAAAAAADvY/tH3C3PwGJ2A/s1600/monkey_facepalm.jpg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GLDNP-xglgo

WTH did I just watch? oO
Edited by: "Mark2111" 22nd Apr 2013

There was a really good South Park episode about this. I think Stan unwittingly became a psychic whilst trying to persuade others it was nonsense.

I was skeptic and voiced my opinion face to face with a clairvoyant one night albeit in a p taking kind of way..........

I got home and was violently sick and hadn't eaten or drank a thing........

She put a curse on me oO

Banned

Mark2111

Recommended … Recommended readinghttp://www.amazon.co.uk/Dead-People-Watch-You-Shower/dp/0061351229

Even the title alone is very 'wtf lol wtf omg' worthy.

eme1i

Hahahaahhahahhahah DG shut up u give me so much jokes loooool

This is why I like big girls, they have a cracking sense of humour.

Being easy to get into the sack is completely incidental.

The only awesome Psychic is Johnny from the Deadzone!

youtube.com/wat…SDk
Edited by: "Mark2111" 22nd Apr 2013

Banned

Mark2111

The only awesome Psychic is Johnny from the … The only awesome Psychic is Johnny from the Deadzone!http://youtube.com/watch?v=2tr6tJfsSDk

I'm not even clicking on that, sorry.

Nothing beats the Paul Zenon interview on This Morning.

Banned

Load of tripe.

Can lump them in with spoon benders, faith healers, alternative medicine, conspiracy theorists, UFO nuts, Bigfoot/Loch Ness believers, anti-vaccination crowd and the creationists.

Bunch of weirdos.

Banned

KillFelix

Load of tripe.Can lump them in with spoon benders, faith healers, … Load of tripe.Can lump them in with spoon benders, faith healers, alternative medicine, conspiracy theorists, UFO nuts, Bigfoot/Loch Ness believers, anti-vaccination crowd and the creationists.Bunch of weirdos.

One of my best friends is a creationist........ how do you begin to explain....

Banned

WoolyM

I am psychic. I forsee a lot more threads being spammed now a member has … I am psychic. I forsee a lot more threads being spammed now a member has returned from his break. Hi btw.

L U L Z

James Randi is very interesting, he has offered one million to whoever can prove a paranormal claim.

youtube.com/

Banned

MayingPrantis

One of my best friends is a creationist........ how do you begin to … One of my best friends is a creationist........ how do you begin to explain....

Ask them to explain why they believe what they believe. Question them, challenge them. From there, after you've planted the 'asking the right questions' seed, you've just got to hope they start questioning everything by themselves.

Once they start that, rational thought isn't far behind, and once they're there, they will come to the right conclusions by themselves.

You can't 'convert' them, but you can show them the right path. I'm sure Morpheus said it better than that, though
Edited by: "KillFelix" 22nd Apr 2013

Banned

KillFelix

Ask them to explain why they believe what they believe. Question them, … Ask them to explain why they believe what they believe. Question them, challenge them. From there, after you've planted the 'asking the right questions' seed, you've just got to hope they start questioning everything.Once they start that, rational thought isn't far behind, and once they're there, they will come to the right conclusions by themselves.You can't 'convert' them, but you can show them the right path. I'm sure Morpheus said it better

I know what you're saying, but they always have 'better' answers.

MayingPrantis

One of my best friends is a creationist........ how do you begin to … One of my best friends is a creationist........ how do you begin to explain....

In the beginning....

Banned

Mark2111

James Randi is very interesting, he has offered one million to whoever … James Randi is very interesting, he has offered one million to whoever can prove a paranormal claim.http://youtube.com/#/watch?v=M9w7jHYriFo&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DM9w7jHYriFo

I seeeeee that the link won't work..... in the near future.....

MayingPrantis

They prey on the stupid, hurt and gullible.That's what makes The … They prey on the stupid, hurt and gullible.That's what makes The Mentalist a good series, you can see what kind of tricks they use and how the likes of Derren Brown and Sally Morgan make big bucks. Sad but true.Smart? Yes. Admirable. No.Grayfray, good story.

Derren Brown is NOT a medium and he has helped prove that mediums are fake...!

MayingPrantis

I seeeeee that the link won't work..... in the near future.....

Oops!

Try this link

youtube.com/wat…iFo

Banned

MayingPrantis

I know what you're saying, but they always have 'better' answers.

Learn to counter the arguments rationally.

I can reccomend the Skeptics Guide to the Universe. Excellent podcast, there's a huge backlog of stuff. It's not necessarily about the content of each episode, but just listening to it helps and teaches you to think rationally.

I can also reccomend watching some creationist debates on YouTube. After a while you can almost predict what they're going to say, the same old arguments crop up again and again. They really have no 'new' material.

Banned

KillFelix

Learn to counter the arguments rationally.I can reccomend the Skeptics … Learn to counter the arguments rationally.I can reccomend the Skeptics Guide to the Universe. Excellent podcast, there's a huge backlog of stuff. It's not necessarily about the content of each episode, but just listening to it helps and teaches you to think rationally.I can also reccomend watching some creationist debates on YouTube. After a while you can almost predict what they're going to say, the same old arguments crop up again and again. They really have no 'new' material.

I will look into that, thanks Interesting stuff.

But to be fair, people like my friend are not likely to change their minds, so it's better to drop the subject...

KillFelix

Learn to counter the arguments rationally.I can reccomend the Skeptics … Learn to counter the arguments rationally.I can reccomend the Skeptics Guide to the Universe. Excellent podcast, there's a huge backlog of stuff. It's not necessarily about the content of each episode, but just listening to it helps and teaches you to think rationally.I can also reccomend watching some creationist debates on YouTube. After a while you can almost predict what they're going to say, the same old arguments crop up again and again. They really have no 'new' material.

Skeptics Guide to the Universe is brilliant

Banned

MayingPrantis

I will look into that, thanks Interesting stuff.But to be fair, people … I will look into that, thanks Interesting stuff.But to be fair, people like my friend are not likely to change their minds, so it's better to drop the subject...

Obviously don't go on and on about it. That's more likely to annoy them and drive them in the opposite direction. Planting that 'seed of doubt' is the best first step. Do that, leave it, and see if they take the bait. If they come back to you with a question you're on the right path

Banned

KillFelix

Obviously don't go on and on about it. That's more likely to annoy them … Obviously don't go on and on about it. That's more likely to annoy them and drive them in the opposite direction. Planting that 'seed of doubt' is the best first step. Do that, leave it, and see if they take the bait. If they come back to you with a question you're on the right path

I know what you mean, I don't intend to discuss it with them anyway, it's useless.
I'll read it for myself

I got dragged along to a Sally Morgan event a couple of years ago by the wife. I did not like whatI was seeing and hearing at all. My personal opinion is that she would be better off as a stand up comedian or light entertainer as everything was a joke or light hearted banter rather than any actual psychic stuff (and a pre recorded TV exercpt was thrown in just to add credibility). It did make me laugh when an audience member asked her "Have I met the man of my dreams?", to which Sal replied "Have you met someone yet?".......

I also went to see another one after that, Gordon someone (again I was roped in to do taxi duty and given a ticket) and I still just couldn't believe anything I was hearing but the demographic always seemed the same, middle aged housewives and their mothers who hang on to every word because they want closure and the hope of being comforted after losing someone and not accepting it.

It's a hard one really as it does give some people closure and comfort but someone is ripping them off for something that family do for free.

My personal opinion is that it is all a sham but some people wil never accept, likewise some people will never accept that it isn't.

The woman on the Montel Show who got it so wrong really annoyed me when she claimed the daughter of an audience member had drowned and then backpedalled when the audience member corrected her, and John Edwards as he always looked like he was day dreaming about what to do when he got home during his 'readings'.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants