Pub crawl with scavenger/treasure hunt/quiz?

6 replies
Found 9th Sep 2016
I remember years ago doing something like this in Winchester - in teams we had 20 mins in each pub to have a drink and find the answer to a question in that pub, plus something else to look out for en-route to the next, and a list of challenges to complete throughout the day (things to collect etc). It was fantastic fun and we were plastered by the end of it!! I'm looking for something similar to do on a weekend away with friends (about a dozen couples in our 30s & 40s) for our 40th. Planning a couple of nights in a hotel in an as-yet undecided location within an hour or so of Doncaster, with a bit of a pub crawl on the Saturday afternoon. Any websites/links that I could try for a pre-planned treasure hunt? Not finding much outside of London by googling, so wondered if anybody has used anything similar? Thanks for any recommendations!

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
6 Comments

They do one in Liverpool normally for hens, but some good pubs there

Original Poster

Thanks! Any idea who actually does them? I've found a few hen/stag organisation companies that are offering this sort of thing but the ones I've found are generic eg 'name the members of the Beatles' rather than specific to the pubs eg 'what's the landlord's middle name' (just one I remember!).

I thought there would be a site somewhere offering something I could just buy and print out, still googling with no luck! I'll try searching Liverpool.

Original Poster

cecilmcroberts

https://www.freedomltd.com/leeds-party-activities/pub-challenge/

Thank you. Have you actually used this? It's £12 each, so for 20-30 of us it would be around £300, don't know if every person would need to register or just a few teams, as that's a bit too much for a couple of hours before we've even bought the first round. If it was just a few it would maybe be ok, but as it's all interactive perhaps it doesn't work like that.

panddda

Thank you. Have you actually used this? It's £12 each, so for 20-30 of us … Thank you. Have you actually used this? It's £12 each, so for 20-30 of us it would be around £300, don't know if every person would need to register or just a few teams, as that's a bit too much for a couple of hours before we've even bought the first round. If it was just a few it would maybe be ok, but as it's all interactive perhaps it doesn't work like that.

I'm not really up on the pricing of the whole thing. I did it maybe 18 months ago but was arranged by another company as a "project completion party" for ourselves in work (I'm from N.Ireland). I must admit it was good and never had done anything like that before and a fun way to learn and see a city. As you said with it being "interactive" really you can take as long as you need and from memory ours was more like 5-6 hours but again no idea if they paid any more for that, though it was all from an app so I'm guessing you paying for the app but no idea if the app had a time limit set upon it. No harm in asking them.
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 9th Sep 2016

Original Poster

cecilmcroberts

I'm not really up on the pricing of the whole thing. I did it maybe 18 … I'm not really up on the pricing of the whole thing. I did it maybe 18 months ago but was arranged by another company as a "project completion party" for ourselves in work (I'm from N.Ireland). I must admit it was good and never had done anything like that before and a fun way to learn and see a city. As you said with it being "interactive" really you can take as long as you need and from memory ours was more like 5-6 hours but again no idea if they paid any more for that, though it was all from an app so I'm guessing you paying for the app but no idea if the app had a time limit set upon it. No harm in asking them.

Great, cheers! Sounds good, I'll give them a call and see what they say.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Boredom1316
    2. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet35105
    3. Trying to create a list of short modern video games. Any suggestions?915
    4. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?993257

See more discussions