Expired

Public liability insurance

Found 1st May
Hi
I am arranging a discussion group in my local tesco re well being and positive thoughts. The venue is free but need public liability insurance. Can someone help me how to go about. The meetup group will be once in a month.
Thank you
Community Updates
AskInsurance
8 Comments
As a starting point try Compare the market
alternatively, find a different venue that doesn’t require PLI such as a community or church hall
Edited by moderator: "trimmed link" 1st May
Sir Humphrey would be proud of such utter administrative b*ll*cks being foisted on you by the jobs worths. As toptrumpet says

Church hall
Village hall
Local pub or club with a meeting room
Council facility (maybe a new sports building?) with an event room

Good luck

If you want to talk to someone professional rather than salesy about PLI, call Hiscox.
Toptrumpet59 m ago

As a starting point try Compare the marketalternatively, find a different …As a starting point try Compare the marketalternatively, find a different venue that doesn’t require PLI such as a community or church hall

I will check Compare the market. This one is Tesco community hall. Will check for other venues as well.
ccnp40 m ago

Sir Humphrey would be proud of such utter administrative b*ll*cks being …Sir Humphrey would be proud of such utter administrative b*ll*cks being foisted on you by the jobs worths. As toptrumpet saysChurch hallVillage hallLocal pub or club with a meeting roomCouncil facility (maybe a new sports building?) with an event roomGood luckIf you want to talk to someone professional rather than salesy about PLI, call Hiscox.

Thank you. Tesco community is easy access for the public. I will search for other venues.
direct line for business. was the cheapest one when I had a business
You might have to speak to the insurance brokers as it might not be something simple to quote yourself. Make sure the description matches what u do and not just because it sounds similar.
Like others above, I think my first option would be to try a different venue! Hired a hall for my daughter's birthday the other day and the insurance was included in the hire price. Would make life a lot easier.

If no other option than Tesco then contact Ashburnham Insurance. I have used them in the past and they have been very good for public liability insurance.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants