public liability insurance for a craft stall.

Found 3rd Jul 2012
Hi can anyone help me?

i have set up a jewellery craft stall and have found out i am suppose to have public liability insurance. Most of the decent fairs are requesting this before giving you a stall.Does anybody know were i can get this at a resonable price? iv got quotes around £200 for the year and it seems expensive for a less then parttime stall.
Community Updates
Check your home and buildings insurance. Some cover for public liability.

Check your home and buildings insurance. Some cover for public liability.

Not for a business they won't.

Not for a business they won't.

Apologies if I'm wrong. I got the info here...

" Thanks to all of you for the various suggestions.

I was close to buying a new policy for public liability, as the documentation for my home insurance didn't say anything about PL insurance, but thought I'd give them a call and it turns out that my combined buildings and contents policy does include £2m public liability cover..., if anyone else is in a similar situation, may be worth calling your insurer before shelling out £50-£100 for a new policy.


On this site...…293

They also mention that your vehicle insurance could be affected as you are driving to and from craft fairs and your vehicle is being used for business purposes not just domestic use.
hi - i sell my jewellery at craft fairs/markets etc and have my cover with Artists Interaction and Representation
the insurance is very comprehensive and is actually part of their membership. i think that i paid £30 for the year (£36 minus a £6 deal that they had at the time).
If you do not think that you qualify as an artist (AIR's definition is quite strict) check out the Cooksons forum - there will be topic thread that covers anything that you can possibly need to know about selling your stuff.
Hope this helps - good luck!
Post a comment

    Top Discussions

    Top Discussions

    Top Merchants