Pumpkin care question

5 replies
Found 30th Oct 2009
Ok so I got my carved pumpkin down from the shelf, and lifted the lids and 3 flies flew out.

So I killed 2, ones still kicking about inside the pumpkin, I lit the candle and put the lid back on. Will this kill or drive any remaining flies or eggs, heaven forbid, out of it?

Also, its beginning to go rotten in small areas, Can I slow this down, by soaking it in water or something?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
5 Comments

ewwwww @ flies.

Never had that problem!

They usually last about a week before they go all green and hairy inside.

The same happened to us the last 2 years. I tried moving it to a cooler place during the day (the heating didnt help matters) but it started caving in too so it got that I daren't even pick it up! lol

No idea what you could do tbh, its partly why I didnt want to do it this yr.. urgh

other half is carving his now lol

thats how we stop it by
not doing it too early

Stick it in the fridge when not on display. Rub Vaseline on the cuts to stop the edges drying out.

ilovepink;6737212

other half is carving his now lolthats how we stop it by not doing it too … other half is carving his now lolthats how we stop it by not doing it too early

..Where as Ive tried to be tight and get as much out of it as I can before the actual night! :oops:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Stock informer36
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247672
    3. US GrandPrix Razzmatazz810
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428314662

See more discussions