Groups

puppy advice please----------Added pics

my puppy is 12 and half weeks old, and had second vaccination on monday. the vet said he could go for a walk a week later, do you think would be ok to walk him now?

38 Comments

Probably but if the vet said wait a week personally i'd just wait the extra few days

Listen to the vet. Pups can be very vulnerable until their immune system is sorted.

No the vet said a week and today is Thursday, they say timescales for a reason and its not worth the risk so I'd wait until Monday when its been..... a week ;-)

I waited a week on my pup. It's just not worth any risks

Original Poster

Thanks your right I think I will wait, I would hate him to catch something.
    repped you all.

imagine if your pup caught something - not worth the risk

NO NO NO NO NO AND ER NO... i'd take the vets advice if i was you.. he's still a young mite and theres too many nasties waiting to pounce this time of year.. Enjoy your new found friend. :thumbsup:

pink;3584765

Thanks your right I think I will wait, I would hate him to catch … Thanks your right I think I will wait, I would hate him to catch something.repped you all.

Good choice, my dog is a real part of my family (theres me, the Mrs and the dog!) and i'd be devestated if something happened to him let alone if it was because I didnt follow the Dr's (Vets) advice

Hi Pink I know you cant wait to take him out but I really think it would be best to give it a few more days to be on the safe side say Sunday/Monday .. My dog Jake is almost 8 now but it only seems like yesterday he was a sweet little puppy ... time really does fly! have fun xx

Best to wait - my Mum and Dad got a puppy & the vet was very insistent that they had to wait a week or 2.

Surely you can take your pup out for a walk, just don't put him down anywhere!

It's a precaution only really, and the vet has to cover theirselves. Personally i tell my clients to wait 10 days always better to be safe than sorry. What breed you got

Mijooly;3584891

Surely you can take your pup out for a walk, just don't put him down … Surely you can take your pup out for a walk, just don't put him down anywhere!

What like on the ground ?? :-D

Mijooly;3584891

Surely you can take your pup out for a walk, just don't put him down … Surely you can take your pup out for a walk, just don't put him down anywhere!

Thats not a walk, thats a carry....and your able to do this from 8 weeks old

crow99;3584815

Good choice, my dog is a real part of my family (theres me, the Mrs and … Good choice, my dog is a real part of my family (theres me, the Mrs and the dog!) and i'd be devestated if something happened to him let alone if it was because I didnt follow the Dr's (Vets) advice

Same here we find ourselves out shopping and saying to each other 'Charlie would love that' and stuff as if she was a child:oops:

dmissy13;3585051

Same here we find ourselves out shopping and saying to each other … Same here we find ourselves out shopping and saying to each other 'Charlie would love that' and stuff as if she was a child:oops:

Do yours have a pile of xmas presents, just like the kids lol....or is it just me thats bonkers !

we don't even buy eachother xmas prezzies as we get stuff when we want it during the year but have lots for dog she is my kid lol

So all agreed then - no walk but we want pics!!:thumbsup:

Lulu'sMammy;3585095

Do yours have a pile of xmas presents, just like the kids lol....or is it … Do yours have a pile of xmas presents, just like the kids lol....or is it just me thats bonkers !

He he Max has to have some presents, he had a batman suit for Hallowen (we onlyput him in it for a minute - will post a pic tonight!)

dmissy13;3585136

we don't even buy eachother xmas prezzies as we get stuff when we want it … we don't even buy eachother xmas prezzies as we get stuff when we want it during the year but have lots for dog she is my kid lol

I say the same to my Mrs, I get what i want and need and she buys me stuff throughout the year - our dog is like our little boy though. Im in Leeds at the moment and cant wait to get home to him

Original Poster

Lulu'sMammy;3584905

It's a precaution only really, and the vet has to cover theirselves. … It's a precaution only really, and the vet has to cover theirselves. Personally i tell my clients to wait 10 days always better to be safe than sorry. What breed you got

He is a Patterjack, thats jackrussel x patterdale, he s a little monster into everything, but we all love him to bits:)

pink;3597938

He is a Patterjack, thats jackrussel x patterdale, he s a little monster … He is a Patterjack, thats jackrussel x patterdale, he s a little monster into everything, but we all love him to bits:)

Pics?

Original Poster

Pics:roll:

http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr121/pinkdazybaby/769fb652.jpg

http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr121/pinkdazybaby/6e353287.jpg

http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr121/pinkdazybaby/44b2612d.jpg

Lulu'sMammy;3585095

Do yours have a pile of xmas presents, just like the kids lol....or is it … Do yours have a pile of xmas presents, just like the kids lol....or is it just me thats bonkers !

No it's not just you :oops:

Our dog loves unwrapping presents, he normally gets a soft toy with an electronic voice box of some sort plus some of his treats wrapped up

John

Original Poster

Johnmcl7;3598399

No it's not just you :oops:Our dog loves unwrapping presents, he normally … No it's not just you :oops:Our dog loves unwrapping presents, he normally gets a soft toy with an electronic voice box of some sort plus some of his treats wrapped upJohn

Mine are getting christmas presents and turkey!

pink;3598371

Pics:roll:

awwww what is it?

Original Poster

pcnutta;3598554

awwww what is it?

It's a jackrussel x patterdale Patterjack for short:)

He's lovely

Original Poster

RedIron;3598581

He's lovely

Thank you:thumbsup:

pink;3598568

It's a jackrussel x patterdale Patterjack for short:)

awww id really love a dog again but so nervous as i had to rehome my dog last yr and it broke my heart... i developed asthma

Original Poster

pcnutta;3598606

awww id really love a dog again but so nervous as i had to rehome my dog … awww id really love a dog again but so nervous as i had to rehome my dog last yr and it broke my heart... i developed asthma

Oh no thats sad, I'v got a Labrador as well, and he molts all over the place, not good if you'v got asthma.

He is sooooo cute!:)

pcnutta;3598606

awww id really love a dog again but so nervous as i had to rehome my dog … awww id really love a dog again but so nervous as i had to rehome my dog last yr and it broke my heart... i developed asthma

That must have been so hard:friends:

i got told by the vet mine could go for walks aslong as he didnt get in contact with any other dogs or where dogs had been so was ok to let him run around the garden hope this helpsxxx

Original Poster

angelfacexx;3598989

i got told by the vet mine could go for walks aslong as he didnt get in … i got told by the vet mine could go for walks aslong as he didnt get in contact with any other dogs or where dogs had been so was ok to let him run around the garden hope this helpsxxx

yes thanks is that a jackrussel?

Original Poster

rangermastiffs;3599214

Everyone thinking of owning a dog should read this First !!!!] … Everyone thinking of owning a dog should read this First !!!!] [COLOR="Blue"]READ THIS[/COLOR]

No what you mean, I already have a Labrador so I no what i'm in for Thanks:thumbsup:

awww pink, he's GORGEOUS :thumbsup:

pink;3599215

yes thanks is that a jackrussel?

yes he is a jack russell!!

So - how did the first walk go??
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. *Heads Up* Free Wrestling on Sunday 10pm YouTube, Facebook and WWE.com. Sum…11
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?27127
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764186
      4. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?77

See more discussions