Puppy/dog food made with human grade meat & that's grain free?

Found 2nd Dec 2017
Hello, does anyone have recommendations for reasonably priced puppy/dog food that's grain free and made with human grade meat? Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
Not sure about human grade but best available brand is Lily’s Kitchen. They are expensive but use good % meats in their products. We regularly use their cat food.

Check yourself

lilyskitchen.co.uk
Edited by: "Bigspin" 2nd Dec 2017
Bigspin13 m ago

Not sure about human grade but best available brand is Lily’s Kitchen. T …Not sure about human grade but best available brand is Lily’s Kitchen. They are expensive but use good % meats in their products. We regularly use their cat food.Check yourself https://www.lilyskitchen.co.uk

This is exactly what I'm looking for, thank you!!
Is the dog celiac ?
Have a look here at different foods available and look highest rated first

allaboutdogfood.co.uk

canagan,Acana,millies wolfheart, Eden,Carnilove are all good quality foods.

my dogs are both raw fed now but we’re on Millies Wolfheart previously. Feeding portions for a food with a good quality meat content are generally smaller. Smaller in means smaller out and better on the wallet

It worked out very reasonable to feed them both

Dogs don’t need grain/fillers
kester769 m ago

Is the dog celiac ?

Not that I'm aware of. I'm just being cautious as my dog recently passed away and I've discovered so much about the pet food industry while looking up treatments and dietary needs for dogs with cancer.
takethatfan197822 m ago

Have a look here at different foods available and look highest rated first …Have a look here at different foods available and look highest rated first www.allaboutdogfood.co.ukcanagan,Acana,millies wolfheart, Eden,Carnilove are all good quality foods.my dogs are both raw fed now but we’re on Millies Wolfheart previously. Feeding portions for a food with a good quality meat content are generally smaller. Smaller in means smaller out and better on the wallet It worked out very reasonable to feed them bothDogs don’t need grain/fillers

Phenomenal site, thank you!!
SIr_Sigh_A_Lot:

Not that I'm aware of. I'm just being cautious as my dog recently passed away and I've discovered so much about the pet food industry while looking up treatments and dietary needs for dogs with cancer.

Sorry to hear about your dog. I think it's better to boil some chicken and rice for dogs as it's easy to digest for them and dried dog food. Not sure what dried dog food my mum uses now though.
kester7618 m ago

SIr_Sigh_A_Lot:Not that I'm aware of. I'm just being cautious as my dog …SIr_Sigh_A_Lot:Not that I'm aware of. I'm just being cautious as my dog recently passed away and I've discovered so much about the pet food industry while looking up treatments and dietary needs for dogs with cancer.Sorry to hear about your dog. I think it's better to boil some chicken and rice for dogs as it's easy to digest for them and dried dog food. Not sure what dried dog food my mum uses now though.

It would actually be better using scrambled egg instead of rice. Rice isn’t particularly great for a dog but of course better than the likes of bakers/Pedigree.
Some foods are shockingly awful!
takethatfan19781 h, 46 m ago

It would actually be better using scrambled egg instead of rice. Rice …It would actually be better using scrambled egg instead of rice. Rice isn’t particularly great for a dog but of course better than the likes of bakers/Pedigree. Some foods are shockingly awful!

Rice is fine as it's an easily digested carbohydrate. You can't really compare rice to eggs though as they're different food groups.
I get natural instinct food for my cats and dogs. Made with human grade meat and no ash or wheat.

i but in bulk and keep in the freezer.

naturalinstinct.com/raw…BwE
kester761 h, 38 m ago

Rice is fine as it's an easily digested carbohydrate. You can't really …Rice is fine as it's an easily digested carbohydrate. You can't really compare rice to eggs though as they're different food groups.

Yes I know they’re different food groups. Cooking up chicken and rice everyday for a dog will not have all the nutrients a dog needs, it’s fine as a temporary measure but not long term. There are some very poor dried and wet dog foods on the market but also some very good ones that’s have very good quality ingredients.

i have used scrambled egg for my girls if they have ever had tummy upsets, especially as pups and just prefer it to rice.

I have moved both of mine into raw food and wouldn’t go back now
Edited by: "takethatfan1978" 2nd Dec 2017
farmlama55 m ago

I get natural instinct food for my cats and dogs. Made with human grade …I get natural instinct food for my cats and dogs. Made with human grade meat and no ash or wheat.i but in bulk and keep in the freezer.https://www.naturalinstinct.com/raw-dog-food?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwKuXvZXs1wIVq7ztCh0tpA4xEAAYASAAEgISZvD_BwE

I tried completes for mine but prefer to diy even though meal prep does take ages. Nothing better than chopping up heart/ brains or animal test- Ickes
Bigspin4 h, 35 m ago

Not sure about human grade but best available brand is Lily’s Kitchen. T …Not sure about human grade but best available brand is Lily’s Kitchen. They are expensive but use good % meats in their products. We regularly use their cat food.Check yourself https://www.lilyskitchen.co.uk

Lily’s kitchen is a good food but there is loads of choice nowadays and a few better ones
takethatfan197815 h, 20 m ago

I tried completes for mine but prefer to diy even though meal prep does …I tried completes for mine but prefer to diy even though meal prep does take ages. Nothing better than chopping up heart/ brains or animal test- Ickes

I like the idea of being able to prep everything fresh, but I am a full time single mum who also has a full time job and life to juggle. I just don't have the time to be doing that, I have no relax time to myself as it is lol
farmlama3 h, 10 m ago

I like the idea of being able to prep everything fresh, but I am a full …I like the idea of being able to prep everything fresh, but I am a full time single mum who also has a full time job and life to juggle. I just don't have the time to be doing that, I have no relax time to myself as it is lol

i know what you mean about no relaxing time lol

i do keep completes in the freezer incase I don’t have time. They’re really handy to have, meal prepping does take ages and I do often think I should just stick to the completed.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants