Groups
    EXPIRED

Purchase a new laptop

hello, i am just looking around to buy a new laptop within the range of £250 - 300.
    i am looking for something good in terms of spec like e.g. 2gb RAM xp operating system (dont like vista) and must be a good brand like hp, dell etc. with the current offers out there will it be possible to buy a new one with such spec with my budget.

4 Comments

If I were you, I would wait until the January sales. You are almost guaranteed to get a better deal then.

Here's one to consider but I will stress that this is a refurbished laptop but it's still a good option to go for - I've used these in my work in the past and they are quite good.

Reseller: Bigpockets.co.uk
    Laptop Model: Dell Precision M60 Laptop
    Price (Inc VAT): £214.99p
    Internet Link: preview.tinyurl.com/6mgfo4

Technical Specifications
    CPU / Processor: Intel Centrino 1.86Ghz
    Hard Drive Size: 60GB
    RAM / Memory Size: 2Gb DDR
    Optical Drive(s): DVD-ROM / CD-RW
    Network / Connectivity: Wi-Fi (B/G), 10/100/1000 NIC,
    Audio / Sound Audio type/controller: AC97 (Soft Audio) / ICH3
    Stereo: 20-bit stereo-digital to analog and 18-bit stereo analog to digital
    Graphics NEW NVIDIATM Quadro® FX Go1000 128MB graphics chipset
    NVIDIA Quadro FX Go700 128MB graphics chipset
    Screen / Resolution Vibrant active matrix (TFT) displays 15.4" / 1920 x 1200 (Amazing for films and CAD)
    Additional USB2.0 / AC Adaptor / UK Keyboard,
    Warranty 3 Months Return to base. DOA Warranty on Battery
    Operating System Win XP Pro License, OS is pre-installed but no Restore Discs are supplied

Note - I've suggested this purely upon IF your on a tight budget. If you want a new laptop system then you may want to check out the other posts on this website, as there are a few with good deals for netbooks instead if you don't have a requirement for an internal optical drive.

Original Poster

would it be possible to get a dual core??

danib;3678243

would it be possible to get a dual core??

Its possible but I haven't seen a decent one go for the budget you've got - you might want to consider checking out the Dell Outlet but the last I heard they were putting their prices up after the recent VAT cut.

Of course you could wait until next year but it all depends on how urgent your need is for a laptop - have you taken a look at eBay UK but also doing shopping searches via Google UK?

Cheers, Scotty Boy! :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Import charges from USA33
      2. Lidl Memory Foam Mattress1115
      3. Aliexpress extra protection plan11
      4. Mayweather vs Mcgregor22

See more discussions