Purchased a couple gaming pc's, have I been ripped off?

Found 6th Mar
I don't really know much about pc building, or pc parts ect. Purchased a couple gaming pc's for the family but have no idea if I got a good deal or not.

I tried to compare the parts to other pc's on the same site but tbh, I can't really tell whats considered good or bad.

Could someone with pc knowledge take a quick look for me for my own piece of mind.

I payed £470 for each pc as I was looking for a gaming pc for under £500. They are used, technically they were apparently being used for advertising purposes in the shop window. They were the only pc's on Amazon that came under my price range while the others appeared to be those slim type dell computers which I don't like the look off.

amazon.co.uk/gp/…c=1

Here's the link, any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks guys
Community Updates
AskElectronics
25 Comments
is this legit? i mean the cheapest 1080 TI on amazon is £799. IF thats the deal, thats amazing!
If you're happy with the machines does it really matter? Assuming you can't return them it's pointless looking at the specs / value of the machines now. Just enjoy them...
Not sure what you have tried to link - but if you have received a 7700k with 32gb, 240gb ssd, 2tb and an 1080ti you have the bargain of the century at under £500.

Keep seeing these posted on amazon and seeming the graphics card alone sells second hand for more on ebay and the seller giving precisely that description across a whole range of machines all roughly the same price and no feedback it looked beyond dodgy to me.
Edited by: "Bertz99" 6th Mar
So it could be a fake? Because there were a few machines left for the same price on there.

Now I'm really worried. I've never had to return anything on amazon before nor make a claim against someone, how easy would it be to get my money back if its a scam?
Edited by: "Massy2k" 6th Mar
Yes definitely dodgy, how have you paid? I can see that in the listing it says to contact the seller before purchasing, I hope you haven't agreed to pay outside of Amazon? I'd contact Amazon and ask them to look at the seller and cancel the transaction ASAP.
Yeah I paid through Amazon with a credit card. Should I contact Amazon now?
Massy2k14 m ago

Yeah I paid through Amazon with a credit card. Should I contact Amazon now?

Yes while you can. The sooner the better so if needs be you can say you bought the wrong product or something
Edited by: "Mechtup" 6th Mar
I'm currently in live chat with Amazon, hopefully they can take a closer look. I just hope I haven't lost my £940
£460.00 Used - Like New
+ £3.99 UK delivery

Add to Basket
Condition and notes:
Used - Like New
The product was only used for advertising purposes in my shop, and the price was so low that it was unpacked - full warranty, full accessories New, never used-Before buying please let me know here: GAVINTAYLOR765 # GMAIL.COM ( Please change the # a @) « Show less
Seller information:
GAVINTAYLOR765
Just Launched (Seller Profile)

In stock.
Dispatched from United Kingdom.
Delivery rates and return policy.
Never pay for an item or contact an Amazon Seller outside of the Amazon.co.uk website. Only purchases paid through Amazon are covered by the A-to-Z guarantee. Learn More
hethekid4 m ago

£460.00 Used - Like New+ £3.99 UK deliveryAdd to BasketCondition and n …£460.00 Used - Like New+ £3.99 UK deliveryAdd to BasketCondition and notes:Used - Like NewThe product was only used for advertising purposes in my shop, and the price was so low that it was unpacked - full warranty, full accessories New, never used-Before buying please let me know here: GAVINTAYLOR765 # GMAIL.COM ( Please change the # a @) « Show lessSeller information:GAVINTAYLOR765Just Launched (Seller Profile)In stock.Dispatched from United Kingdom.Delivery rates and return policy.Never pay for an item or contact an Amazon Seller outside of the Amazon.co.uk website. Only purchases paid through Amazon are covered by the A-to-Z guarantee. Learn More

google his email he seems to have every expensive electronic all for the low low price of £460
It says dispatched from United Kingdom yet their business address is:

• Business Name:Pur-Natur-J.Lieb
  • Business Type:Einzelfirma
  • Trade Register Number:keine
  • VAT Number:DE280943007
  • Phone number:07325-919057
  • Business Address:
    • Pur-Natur-J.Lieb
    • Weiherstr. 28
    • Sontheim an der Brenz
    • Baden-Wuerttemberg
    • DE

I asked Amazon to cancel the orders, they said they will contact the seller to cancel the orders and he will have to do so within the next 48 hours
Massy2k31 m ago

It says dispatched from United Kingdom yet their business address …It says dispatched from United Kingdom yet their business address is:Business Name:Pur-Natur-J.LiebBusiness Type:EinzelfirmaTrade Register Number:keineVAT Number:DE280943007Phone number:07325-919057Business Address:Pur-Natur-J.LiebWeiherstr. 28Sontheim an der BrenzBaden-Wuerttemberg89567DEI asked Amazon to cancel the orders, they said they will contact the seller to cancel the orders and he will have to do so within the next 48 hours

At least you asked on here and got ontop of it quickly.

How amazon can not spot such deliberate fraud though is beyond me but this article from last year sort of gives you the gig:

forbes.com/sit…zon-scams-on-the-rise-in-2017-as-fraudulent-sellers-run-amok-and-profit-big/#60d0350f3ea6
Edited by: "Bertz99" 6th Mar
Never buy expensive stuff from just launched sellers. 99% of the time they’re scams.
Massy2k57 m ago

It says dispatched from United Kingdom yet their business address …It says dispatched from United Kingdom yet their business address is:Business Name:Pur-Natur-J.LiebBusiness Type:EinzelfirmaTrade Register Number:keineVAT Number:DE280943007Phone number:07325-919057Business Address:Pur-Natur-J.LiebWeiherstr. 28Sontheim an der BrenzBaden-Wuerttemberg89567DEI asked Amazon to cancel the orders, they said they will contact the seller to cancel the orders and he will have to do so within the next 48 hours

To be honest I wouldn't accept this from Amazon, it's clearly a scam and it's not good enough to put the onus on a scammer to cancel their scam orders when they're obviously not the most scrupulous of people!
I reported the listing/seller(s), just got a cut/paste reply email from them, pretty bad they don't act faster to remove these scams, but hopefully you'll get your money back.
Yeah I hope so, ill update you guys in 48 hours
Massy2k:
Yeah I hope so, ill update you guys in 48 hours

Amazon is pretty good in these situations
OP, quick question: Why would someone who owns a shop, and at that, a shop which displays and presumably also sells computers, need to register a new account on and use Amazon to sell a computer at nearly a third its normal price? Does any part of that make any sort of logical sense?

Seriously dude, scams like this exist because people like you keep on encouraging them. Just use a bit of thought, yeah?
dxx2 h, 37 m ago

OP, quick question: Why would someone who owns a shop, and at that, a shop …OP, quick question: Why would someone who owns a shop, and at that, a shop which displays and presumably also sells computers, need to register a new account on and use Amazon to sell a computer at nearly a third its normal price? Does any part of that make any sort of logical sense?Seriously dude, scams like this exist because people like you keep on encouraging them. Just use a bit of thought, yeah?

I didn't realise the pc was worth anything until after I purchased it and compared it to other pc's. I was simply after a £500 gaming pc, wasn't expecting nothing more.

Anyway, the orders were cancelled today so all is right in the world
Massy2k1 h, 47 m ago

I didn't realise the pc was worth anything until after I purchased it and …I didn't realise the pc was worth anything until after I purchased it and compared it to other pc's. I was simply after a £500 gaming pc, wasn't expecting nothing more.Anyway, the orders were cancelled today so all is right in the world

We all live and learn (except the exceptional one).

Personally I think it is poor from Amazon to not tidy up their market place and it is their brand that has more impact on catching out the unsuspecting. Fortunately, in your example you paid the right way to cover yourself and also posted your doubts here which in turn spreads the information to the wider audience.

However - your original goal of gaming pc's around £500 -nowhere near what you initially tried to purchase but these two seem the best deals I know of at present. A 970GTX btw is close to performance of a 3gb 1060 GTX:

xsonly.com/col…200

laptopsdirect.co.uk/asu…asp

xsonly also have an i5 7400 with a 1050gtx in the same ball park.

Good luck
Edited by: "Bertz99" 7th Mar
Bought my kids this for Xmas last year. I'm well happy with it and it plays majority of.latest games.
33396362-UgU4Y.jpg
richje10044 m ago

Bought my kids this for Xmas last year. I'm well happy with it and it …Bought my kids this for Xmas last year. I'm well happy with it and it plays majority of.latest games.[Image]

Glad you are pleased with that richje100 but that was a budget cpu from 2011 where the oldest I have linked to are mid range cpu's from end of 2015.

I would struggle to think of any situation I could recommend an AMD 4300 FX in the present market let alone if you had a budget of £500.
Bertz997th Mar

Glad you are pleased with that richje100 but that was a budget cpu from …Glad you are pleased with that richje100 but that was a budget cpu from 2011 where the oldest I have linked to are mid range cpu's from end of 2015.I would struggle to think of any situation I could recommend an AMD 4300 FX in the present market let alone if you had a budget of £500.

It was to start my kids into pc gaming and get off the Xbox. The case is huge so plenty of room to upgrade in the future.
Thanks guys for the suggestions, much appreciated
This seller is still active but has changed his name - amazon.co.uk/sho…ont
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants