Found 9th Mar
Hi all

I recently bought a 4 month old car from a dealership. previous owner is enterprise.

i want to contact Enterprise to ask the last registered mileage on their systems just to make sure that what I paid for is right.

should i be aware of anything before i contact them?

thoughts please & thanks in advance.

1. Ask
  2. Car
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Car
17 Comments

Having purchased it ,isn't it a bit late to check the mileage is correct?
Edited by: "rogparki" 9th Mar

What is it that makes you believe it may not be right? There can't be too much variance on a 4 month old car.
What are the chances that someone would need or want to change the mileage for such a young car?

Seems like you'd be achieving nothing except wasting yours and their time.

robocop999

Surely you can check on MOT certificate online. Unless it's less than 3 … Surely you can check on MOT certificate online. Unless it's less than 3 years old

Almost 7% of the words in the OPs post should have helped avoid you posting this

SuffolkLad222

Almost 7% of the words in the OPs post should have helped avoid you … Almost 7% of the words in the OPs post should have helped avoid you posting this

I got bored reading it 3 words in

I know where you're coming from being worried about miles. A friend of mine does mile correction in case you put new clocks in the car or something happens to the ECU and miles vanish... But 99.9% of people use him to take mile off there car so it looks like its covered less over the year.

How many miles are actually on the clock at the moment?
When did you purchase it?

The thing I'd be most worried about is how much of a hard life its had being a rental car previously.

I bought an ex hertz rental ford focus 11 years ago. Still going strong and given me virtually no trouble (touches wood!)

Who sells nearly new ex-rental cars, I'd like one.

termite

Who sells nearly new ex-rental cars, I'd like one.

most garages that sell nearly new cars are all ex rental

deanos

most garages that sell nearly new cars are all ex rental

Ex rental , lease , motability etc

A company like Enterprise has huge leverage when purchasing new cars. After 4 months the amount they can get in the second hand market would be virtually the same has the price they paid. So they sell 'em and repeat the cycle. The cars would be low mileage as they would be 'lucky' to get 50% utilisation, so, say 2 months at 100 miles a day would be 6,000 miles tops. The reality is probably half of that.

mrwhitelabel

https://www.hertzcarsales.co.uk/https://www.europcar.co.uk/2nd-move

thanks

Banned

was the car warranted miles?? these dealers buy the Cars from auctions you know.
maybe it won't be in the enterprise systems anymore so ring up before your too late.

what car is it and how much did you pay?

Hire cars are the fastest cars in the world. Quote Clarkson.

Enterprise should have a log of mileage in and out every time it was leased
What's the problem with it ?

I used to work for a car rental company, it's great to drive brand new, tight cars, some at the end of the rental life are good some are pretty ragged especially the vans and lorrys. However if the stock is well maintained like they are meant to be ie they do all necessary servicing and repairs, fix damage during the course of the rental life then they'd b a good buy if you get it for a good price
Edited by: "slevinkelevra" 9th Mar

How many miles has the car done ?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)70562
    2. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery2685
    3. Add one, leave one game54415416
    4. The PlayStation VR (PSVR) Thread861868

See more discussions