Purchasing MS Office

Found 9th Mar 2011
i need to purchase MS Office for my sister who recently purchased a new laptop. anyone have any idea where is the cheapest place i can purchase MS Office. and as she is a student can i get a discount??

18 Comments

what about open office.org,its free & works with MSO.

The cheapest I can see for Microsoft professional Plus is £38.95 from software4students software4students.co.uk/Mic…spx.

It may be worth considering open office or something similar which is free.

available for free from all the usual outlets :P

Hi i've pm'd you

I'm a student with Open Uni and use Open Office and have had no complaints about any of the formatting etc. As mentioned, Open Office is free.

if you work for the nhs I think you get a discount , if you work for bt (or know someone who does) it can be very cheap

I can't believe people are recommending Open Office. It's terrible. It's just so badly written, so buggy, and so cheap and nasty that it's unreal. I have tried using it a few times since I like the idea of free software, and each time it manages to amaze me with the sheer variety of bugs that it offers. How low do your standards have to be to think it's even usable?

dxx

I can't believe people are recommending Open Office. It's terrible. It's … I can't believe people are recommending Open Office. It's terrible. It's just so badly written, so buggy, and so cheap and nasty that it's unreal. I have tried using it a few times since I like the idea of free software, and each time it manages to amaze me with the sheer variety of bugs that it offers. How low do your standards have to be to think it's even usable?

it is usable, in fact very usable, I've not had any problems with it at all, the kids use if for school work etc & works fine with opening up Microsoft programs in it. I guess your computer is crap !

richp

it is usable, in fact very usable, I've not had any problems with it at … it is usable, in fact very usable, I've not had any problems with it at all, the kids use if for school work etc & works fine with opening up Microsoft programs in it. I guess your computer is crap !

Uh, my laptop and everything on it runs flawlessly. But that's because everything else on my laptop is made by professionals

Not tried it, but this is free& supposed to be good... libreoffice.org/

dxx

Uh, my laptop and everything on it runs flawlessly. But that's because … Uh, my laptop and everything on it runs flawlessly. But that's because everything else on my laptop is made by professionals

Even this site.

BFN,

fp.

RM Basement is a similar site to software4students and has a great service too.

dxx

Uh, my laptop and everything on it runs flawlessly. But that's because … Uh, my laptop and everything on it runs flawlessly. But that's because everything else on my laptop is made by professionals

naz400r

Hi i've pm'd you

For the second today I'm noticing you are funny fanpages. I usually don't read your posts cos they're too long and my attention span is too short

BFN,

Marina

OP, probably you're sorted.

Joey Bloggsy

if you work for the nhs I think you get a discount , if you work for bt … if you work for the nhs I think you get a discount , if you work for bt (or know someone who does) it can be very cheap

The NHS Discount no longer exists

fanpages

Even this site.BFN,fp.

Well, that remark would work, except this website is a server-side application so it's not actually running on my laptop, and to say it's made by professionals is really stretching the definition.

BFN,
D**

Marina

For the second today I'm noticing you are funny fanpages. I usually … For the second today I'm noticing you are funny fanpages. I usually don't read your posts cos they're too long and my attention span is too short BFN, Marina

I think that was a compliment; thanks!

Are you saying I should concentrate on spontaneity instead of stamina?

dxx

Well, that remark would work, except this website is a server-side … Well, that remark would work, except this website is a server-side application so it's not actually running on my laptop, and to say it's made by professionals is really stretching the definition. BFN,D**

The rendered HTML page with embedded client-side Javascript is running on your laptop, but feel free to add your comments to mine about the state of the site...

[ http://www.hotukdeals.com/feedback/long-links-still-broken-within-a-post/895157?p=10816185 ]

BFN,

fp.

fanpages

I think that was a compliment; thanks! :)Are you saying I should … I think that was a compliment; thanks! :)Are you saying I should concentrate on spontaneity instead of stamina?

Go for spontaneity. Any chance you'll ever stop signing off every post?

fanpages

The rendered HTML page with embedded client-side Javascript is running on … The rendered HTML page with embedded client-side Javascript is running on your laptop, but feel free to add your comments to mine about the state of the site...[ http://www.hotukdeals.com/feedback/long-links-still-broken-within-a-post/895157?p=10816185 ]BFN,fp.

I would, but there doesn't seem much point. HUKD is a business first and foremost, so bugs that affect revenue are high priority, and the rest, they're really not that fussed about.
Post a comment
@
    Text