Groups

PURELYPLAY.COM??????? is this a scam??

Just wondering if anybody else has ordered anything from this company?
    I recently followed a link from a thread in the electricals topics to the purelyplay website and proceeded to order a set of logitech Z-5500 speakers.....
    now although I recieved a reciept for my order swiftly and everything seemed rosey I also thought I would email them a few days later to find out when I might have my order shipped to me....but ive not been getting any responce at all from them.....
    Ive also tried to get on to the website this morning to check my order status but it seems like this site is now down......mmmm
    I think this is all pointing in one direction tbh....
    I did pay by credit card so i know im covered if anything is a miss.....and ive heard that with most of these scam sites they dont usually take credit cards only debits etc
    Id be very interested to hear from anybody thats used the site.....

12 Comments

Looks suspicious

[LEFT] Whois Record

Registration Service Provided By: Blackfoot Hosting Ltd

Domain name: purelyplay.com

Registrant Contact:

Cemil Kaya ()

Fax:
    112 Lulworth Wrotham Road Agar Grove
    London, NW1 9SU
    GB

Administrative Contact:

Cemil Kaya (][img]http//so…MG])
    +44.+44.7960557085
    Fax: +.
    112 Lulworth Wrotham Road Agar Grove
    London, NW1 9SU
    GB

Technical Contact:
    Blackfoot Hosting Ltd
    Shirley Buller (][img]http//so…MG])
    +1.8701334832
    Fax:
    PO Box 465
    Fareham, PO15 5WY
    GB

Name Servers:
    ns17.zoneedit.com
    ns3.zoneedit.com

Creation date: 28 Nov 2007 08:45:37
    Expiration date: 28 Nov 2009 08:45:37

[/LEFT]

Banned

best cancel your card NOW before they empty it!

some people of Avforums had similar suspictions.
    avforums.com/for…tml
    according to them the wedsite is registered to a flat in camden?

supermod

edy500, thanks for your Feedback post - I've removed that one now as you now know where your post is & how to find it, thanks.

Original Poster

a flat in camden hey....
    I just checked my credit card online account and theres no sign of any moneys being taken......
    But I will still give the card company a ring when i get home and see what the procedure is.......I suppose they can stop the transaction....i suppose i will need a new card etc....could be a bit difficult as I use the card in question regularly online and have outstanding balance...
    Ive never had this happen before......
    whats the usual procedure?
    appreciate any help
    thanks

I have the same problem. I ordered the Z-2300s, got a order confirmation email and now the website is down, i dunno what to do!

No money has been taken. I paid using my debit card, so should i go to my local branch tomorrow and tell them about it? What do you guys think is the best option?

Thanks!

dave12345;4511150

I have the same problem. I ordered the Z-2300s, got a order confirmation … I have the same problem. I ordered the Z-2300s, got a order confirmation email and now the website is down, i dunno what to do!No money has been taken. I paid using my debit card, so should i go to my local branch tomorrow and tell them about it? What do you guys think is the best option?Thanks!

Well, think about it this way. You've been duped by scammers, and chances are high that they're going to want to get as much out of your card as they can. This might mean an up-front charge of the cost of the speakers, and nothing else. They might want to maintain some level of legal legitimacy, and the pay-off in the scam might be in declaring bankruptcy and pocketing all the cash. Bit like Empire Direct did. On the other hand, your details might be sitting in an inbox in Nigeria now, to be keyed into a checkout owned by the crook's brother, and bled dry. The only way to find out is by delaying your trip, or preferably, phonecall to the bank. Time is of essence.

dxx;4512037

Well, think about it this way. You've been duped by scammers, and chances … Well, think about it this way. You've been duped by scammers, and chances are high that they're going to want to get as much out of your card as they can. This might mean an up-front charge of the cost of the speakers, and nothing else. They might want to maintain some level of legal legitimacy, and the pay-off in the scam might be in declaring bankruptcy and pocketing all the cash. Bit like Empire Direct did. On the other hand, your details might be sitting in an inbox in Nigeria now, to be keyed into a checkout owned by the crook's brother, and bled dry. The only way to find out is by delaying your trip, or preferably, phonecall to the bank. Time is of essence.

I phoned my bank up this morning, and they told me that the payment has been in the processing stage since the order date(23rd Feb). I was told that there was nothing i could do for the time being as i "gave my card details" and they did not steal my details.

However, the lady on the other side said that once the payment has gone through, and i have still not recieved the speakers within 30 days( 99.99% sure i ain't gona recieve them), Barclays is gona refund the payment for me. I was having second thoughts about buying from this site, wish i held myself back now. 100% gutted!! :x

Original Poster

I paid by credit card on the 21st feb....
    The money hasnt been taken yet......so fingers crossed.
    My credit company says all I can do is wait and see if the money gets taken...Nothing they can do to block the
    payment.

edy500;4515145

I paid by credit card on the 21st feb....The money hasnt been taken … I paid by credit card on the 21st feb....The money hasnt been taken yet......so fingers crossed.My credit company says all I can do is wait and see if the money gets taken...Nothing they can do to block thepayment.

Your payment will probably be in the processing stage like mine. I did not even think it would be a scam site. Once the site went down, all i i could see was 3 letters... "OMG", at that point i knew i was screwed.

Did your company say anything about being able to claim back the money if you did not recieve the goods? Mine told me to print the Invoice off to use as proof of purchase (to prove a price of the speakers).

Update us on how it goes for you, and i'll do the same

edit: You paid by credit card, so you're covered, while i'm not

I ordered Logitech x-540 speakers from PurelyPlay via Google Checkout. I was convinced that they were not a scam site due to it showing 'https' and google checkout.

I noticed the site had gone down and became very anxious, but I checked my mail and Google checkout had mailed me saying the order had been cancelled -

"Purelyplay Limited Your credit card was not charged.
    Item out of stock
    Order cancelled; Your card was not charged"

Very relieved.

Definitely looks like a scam - I bought a projector from them for £500... or thought I had. Nothing aroused my suspicions during the purchase. The checkout procedure looked kosher and I received a receipt by email saying delivery would take 4-10 days, so I didn't follow it up until 10 days had elapsed and there was no delivery. When I went back to the site today to track the order I found the site was down. A bit of Googling showed many other people smelling rats with this company. Fortunately when I rang my bank I was told that no payment had been taken and they immediately stopped my card and promised to send a new one straight out. Phew!

A valuable reminder to check out the whois database and do your research before dealing with a new company, and further proof, if proof is needed, that if something looks too good to be true then it probably is.

I feel very silly, but very relieved that this was just a terrible warning from the gods of the internet and not a real financial disaster!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. *Heads Up* Free Wrestling on Sunday 10pm YouTube, Facebook and WWE.com. Sum…11
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?27127
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764186
      4. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?77

See more discussions