Groups

pushchair for large baby

I have a 13month old baby who is very big for his age, he already weighs 14.1 kilos. The pushchair i have for him only takes upto 15kilos and think will start struggling with his weight sooner rather than later. I don't have a lot of pennies to spend at the moment, so does anyone have any recomendations of cheap pushchairs with highier weight limits?

26 Comments

I have the same problem and the only pushchairs I could find that had a higher weight restriction were over £90 which did not seem worth it for the time I would use it. In the end I went onto E-Bay and found an old Graco Travel system which although they only specify 15kg they were robust enough to take my sons weight of 17kg, it only cost me £20 in it was a home collection. Did me until he didnt need a pushchair anymore.

that is the same as my 4 yr old.

i think one of the mothercare strollers goes up to 18kg. we have a maclaren major ****** that holds up to 45 kg of something but it is a special needsbuggy so way too big as no recline. have you looked at other maclarens.

apparently ive been told that £500/600 quinnys only fetch 100 quid at car boot sales . Might be worth swatting up on pushchairs or taking argos catalogue and trying to catch car boot sale this weekend as most finished soon until next spring

Original Poster

DIVA1977;2997164

apparently ive been told that £500/600 quinnys only fetch 100 quid at car … apparently ive been told that £500/600 quinnys only fetch 100 quid at car boot sales . Might be worth swatting up on pushchairs or taking argos catalogue and trying to catch car boot sale this weekend as most finished soon until next spring

I think the quinnnys have high foot rest so he's going to be too long for them, thanks anyway

Should stop feeding him Greggs sausage rolls all the time :whistling:

ruthplaydon;2997283

I think the quinnnys have high foot rest so he's going to be too long for … I think the quinnnys have high foot rest so he's going to be too long for them, thanks anyway

i didnt mean get a quinny as such , just saying if they go that cheap, you should be able to get a bargain from car boot sale. Although quinny's are fab i love mine and on mine you can alter foot rest

Same problem, can't find a pram for my 8 yr old son, keep him in a tiger cage with wheels at the minute (dont ask)

i have a graco mirage its part of a travel system i still sit my 3 yr old in it sometimes it takes his weight fine

Original Poster

I may go for the tiger cage option, as long as the bars are big enough to fit the sausage rolls through

jennie-jack;2997162

that is the same as my 4 yr old.

Can i just ask, why is a 4 year old still in a pram? Now, i'm not a parent, but they should be out of a pram at around 3 shouldn't they?

peodude;2997362

Can i just ask, why is a 4 year old still in a pram? Now, i'm not a … Can i just ask, why is a 4 year old still in a pram? Now, i'm not a parent, but they should be out of a pram at around 3 shouldn't they?

My boys top half is too heavy for his legs to support.

This is a serious topic

Original Poster

guru_the;2997450

My boys top half is too heavy for his legs to support.This is a serious … My boys top half is too heavy for his legs to support.This is a serious topic

this may be a stupid question but can't the hospital provide a chair?

peodude;2997362

Can i just ask, why is a 4 year old still in a pram? Now, i'm not a … Can i just ask, why is a 4 year old still in a pram? Now, i'm not a parent, but they should be out of a pram at around 3 shouldn't they?

Maybe Jennie-jacks 4yr old has some kind of disability so still need a pushchair

We had a Quinny Zapp and my daughter stayed in it until she was 40 months old, and she was tall for her age. They can go in them from the age of 6 months and I loved mine but it's about to go on ebay. I know they aren't that cheap but perhaps having a look on ebay for one might be your best shot.

peodude;2997285

Should stop feeding him Greggs sausage rolls all the time :whistling:

I'm really sorry, but you need a good kick in the balls. Ever thought of disabilitys?

peodude;2997362

the clue is in my post it is a "special needs" buggy

Lulu'sMammy;2997744

I'm really sorry, but you need a good kick in the balls. Ever thought of … I'm really sorry, but you need a good kick in the balls. Ever thought of disabilitys?

:thumbsup: Well said :thumbsup:

actually peabrain, the buggy is my 6 and a half year olds, and it is comments like yours that make him ashamed of needing it.

he didnt ask to need it but please think before you post.

these buggies take children up to about 12.

Lulu'sMammy;2997744

I'm really sorry, but you need a good kick in the balls. Ever thought of … I'm really sorry, but you need a good kick in the balls. Ever thought of disabilitys?

see now you think outside the box. good on you

No it's not called thinking outside the box, it's called having a brain

guru_the;2997450

My boys top half is too heavy for his legs to support.This is a serious … My boys top half is too heavy for his legs to support.This is a serious topic

i would ask to speak to an occupational therapist or physio. they can refer to wheelchair services who provide buggys or chairs for child needing them

Lulu'sMammy;2997780

No it's not called thinking outside the box, it's called having a brain

sadly people dont have one, we get comments all the time. like arent you abit big for a buggy. or come on now dont be lazy making your mum push you around.

or the best if you gave him a slap he would behave.

nice people

That is why, in my post, i put WHY is she in the pram, not she SHOULDN'T be in a pram. I never accused or said anything bad, i was just asking WHY first, incase there was a valid reason, which in this case, there obviously is.

As for my previous sausage roll post, that was a joke, and even the OP took it that way.

Geez, some people are far too sensitive on here lately!

but having a disabled child is a very emotive subject

i did take the sausage roll comment as a joke i just get a bit touchy about the buggy

jennie-jack;2997999

i did take the sausage roll comment as a joke i just get a bit touchy … i did take the sausage roll comment as a joke i just get a bit touchy about the buggy

I understand fully where you are coming from, my son who is 6 was in a pushchair on and off till 5 yrs of age and the looks we got were unreal, but he has a condition where his muscle tone was very low in his legs, luckily they have strengthened but i dont like people who dont think first, as i get lots of comments about my son as well, why cant he talk, is he to lazy to talk, oo that mother isnt very good if he cant talk etc etc, little do they realise he has autism, and has been nearly fully deaf for yrs as he had glue ear!!! gets my goat some people do, no need for it....sorry for ranting on lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What would be HELL to you?3460
      2. word association Game74044584
      3. New TV,Film & Ebook Releases 2407244
      4. FREE Odeon cinema ticket45

See more discussions