Put stamp on left hand side of envelope.

Found 18th Jan
Hi, I put a stamp on the left corner of an envelope and sent it. Will it be received, or just thrown away. I wrote the address abit high. So weren't enough space.

Would i have too resend the envelope?

Tia
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Your questions are epic, OP.
Edited by: "RossD89" 18th Jan
best to ask in the chicken shop
If you have put it on the left side then the postman will read the address from right to left, best thing to do is to apply for a job in royal mail, track down your letter & swap the stamp back to the right hand side and dip your letter in a cup full of custard then repost and i think it should be okay.
12 Comments
It doesn’t really matter where you put the stamp, it’ll get there
Edited by: "RossD89" 18th Jan
best to ask in the chicken shop
If you have put it on the left side then the postman will read the address from right to left, best thing to do is to apply for a job in royal mail, track down your letter & swap the stamp back to the right hand side and dip your letter in a cup full of custard then repost and i think it should be okay.
You're just an anarchist aren't you?
If you also put it upside down you'll unleash... I won't tell you. You'll have to try it
Derek_Horatio_Shatwell17 m ago

You're just an anarchist aren't you? If you also put it upside down you'll …You're just an anarchist aren't you? If you also put it upside down you'll unleash... I won't tell you. You'll have to try it

Don’t think that works anymore.
RossD893 h, 8 m ago

That's a diplomatic way to phrase it.
You paid the postage for the item, that's all they care about, and a vague address also helps.
"I wrote the address abit high."

Thats why I stay off the wacky baccy until I have finished my mailing chores.
it will get there, but it may take longer as the machines which sort letters won't detect the stamp so it will go into the 'review' batch.

i had this problem recently when i sent a packet and the address label that i was given was quite big so there was not much room left for the stamps and i used lots of stamps which i had to pay for the postage. the cashier at the post office said as long as i stuck a few stamps in the right place, it should be fine.
Banned
Oh my Jesus, I'm going back to bed!

To make it worse, I've looked outside and it's snowing,MILLIONS OF SNOWFLAKES EVERYWHERE!
Oh no, try putting the stamp on the back
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants