Groups

putting phone screen on my tablet via micro USB

Hi all!

I tried googling this but there's just too much information to get any decent results.

I want to connect my phone to my tablet (to get my emulators on a bigger screen, tablet can't play gamecube games)

neither of them have USB, just micro USB.
    so I was wondering, would I be able to get a micro USB to USB box, and connect tyem both to it with micro USB to USB cables and view my phone screen on the Tablet?

so, phone > USB box < tablet.

I'll be doing it at work where we can't use the WiFi so I can't stream either.

11 Comments

One question would be what phone and what tablet exactly.

But no, you probably can't do what you want.

Original Poster

njpugh90

One question would be what phone and what tablet exactly. But no, you … One question would be what phone and what tablet exactly. But no, you probably can't do what you want.

​sony Xperia z5 to a linx 7 tablet

No chance, I don't think the hardware is there to output your screen over USB.

However you could output your screen from your phone to an external monitor using an mhl cable.

Original Poster

Dannyrobbo

However you could output your screen from your phone to an external … However you could output your screen from your phone to an external monitor using an mhl cable.

​the monitors here at work don't have Hdmi sockets

do you know of a way to get my phone screen on to my tablet?

without WiFi that is

We use Vysor in work for demo's with Android > Windows devices. One big issue anyhow if you are thinking for games is a couple. If you go down the line of sharing across non-wired connections most will not let you "control" the device on the window you are sharing it too and secondly lag from the device to the screen is incredibly bad for gaming. Going down the connected line using the likes of Vysor you can control the device from the mirror'd screen, whilst lag is not that bad compared to wireless it has has lag.
    article with step by step guide

VYSOR

vysor Youtube demo

edit: for the Linx 7 you will need an OTG connector (think it came with one) to be able to connect the phone wired to the tablet. On the other hand you can just connect to your PC/Laptop directly in work without worrying about using the tablet

Also to help narrow down any of your google results. Remember the Linx 7 is windows os device and the phone will just see it as a windows device not a tablet per-say.

Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 18th Oct 2016

Absolutely not for what you want. At best you could stream with terrible lag and degraded video. Your choices are either upgrade tablet to be powerful enough to do what you want or play less demanding games on your tablet. You're really wasting your time trying to do anything else.

An app called air droid *might *do what you need.

simonhawking

An app called air droid *might *do what you need.

I actually use that myself although it requires root access on the device for the "airmirror feature". Painfully slow though. Personally just use the other features of the desktop app (or you can use the in browser functions) letting me read and reply to texts from my laptop/pc in work and also at home when I'm on my desktop and also for file transfers.

It'll work over wifi between the two devices, the delay will probably be too much for gaming though

Interested! If you got a solution, please share it.
    I also want to view my laptop screen on a TV.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Fitbit watch/band33
      2. Which Pond Pump57
      3. Best student laptop max budget £300?33
      4. £18 per month sim only deal 25gb with EE good or bad?55

See more discussions