Groups

Putting photos onto disk

Looking for a bit of advice please. Have approx 700 photos on memory card that I want to put onto disks. What disks is it best to buy for this? how many will I need and where is is cheapest to purchase them from.

8 Comments

Hi
    Join, adrive or humyo and upload them free for life.

adrive.com/

humyo.com/

50 cdr's cost approx £8, dont need top quality ones for file storage

mosskeeto;4513485

dont need top quality ones for file storage

Of course you do, you want them to be there in years to come.

rehydrated;4513399

HiJoin, adrive or humyo and upload them free for … HiJoin, adrive or humyo and upload them free for life.http://www.adrive.com/http://www.humyo.com/

That Humyo site is great thanks rehydrated

mosskeeto;4513485

50 cdr's cost approx £8, dont need top quality ones for file storage

worst.advice.ever.

Not sure about now but back in the day taito yuden were the dog balls.

Xb0xGuru;4513820

worst.advice.ever.

I wasnt telling him to buy the cheapest disks out there, I quoted £8 for fifty which will give you good enough quality to store files e.g. Memorex 52x CD-R 700mb 80min - 50 Pack Spindle from Ebuyer at £7.88......

mosskeeto;4514347

I wasnt telling him to buy the cheapest disks out there, I quoted £8 for … I wasnt telling him to buy the cheapest disks out there, I quoted £8 for fifty which will give you good enough quality to store files e.g. Memorex 52x CD-R 700mb 80min - 50 Pack Spindle from Ebuyer at £7.88......

Telling someone you don't need top quality discs for file storage is bad advice period. Why would you suggest CD-Rs anyhow?

Another myth is that all branded discs are equal, which they're not - Memorex are awful. If you're looking to store personal information you WANT the best discs out there. Trust me, spending a few quid more will be nothing if and when the cheaper disc fails - photos are priceless and once the data's gone, it's gone.

Titchimp is spot on - Taiyo Yuden are the best out there I for the money I recommend nothing less. Funnily enough, you can get them cheaper than the Memorex ones. BigPockets do 100 for £11.49 (bigpockets.co.uk/pro…ack))

I would use BOTH suggestions here for photos: Store a copy online AND backup to good quality media.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Apples new update35
      2. iPhone X 256GB for £569 on O2 - Pre Order1016
      3. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)58474
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423114445

See more discussions