Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Putting previous ssd back into laptop after using new ssd

Posted 30th Apr
hi i cloned my laptops original NVMe ssd to a new samsung 970 evo plus and have been using it 3 months. i put the original away as it was didnt wipe it blank etc..
now im selling the laptop can i simply place the original ssd back in and will it start up from where it was 3 months back or does it have to be cloned back from the samsung evo ? thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
Just stick it back in and the drive will be the same as 3 months ago and will know no difference at all, nothing else needs to be done.
a666andy30/04/2020 19:57

Just stick it back in and the drive will be the same as 3 months ago and …Just stick it back in and the drive will be the same as 3 months ago and will know no difference at all, nothing else needs to be done.

Thats what i wanted to hear, thats great. Thank you for your time
Mark_Hickman30/04/2020 19:59

Thats what i wanted to hear, thats great. Thank you for your time

You're welcome
Bung it back in. Optionally remove your personal data
If you value your privacy but are a little lazy, delete your personal data then stuff the drive to capacity with some chunky files, then rinse & repeat a few times.
AndyRoyd30/04/2020 20:42

Bung it back in. Optionally remove your personal data If you value …Bung it back in. Optionally remove your personal data If you value your privacy but are a little lazy, delete your personal data then stuff the drive to capacity with some chunky files, then rinse & repeat a few times.

Thanks for the tips, it was my teenage sons so doesn't have much important personal info.
Although how do i wipe it like you do a factory data reset on a phone is that possible or do i just delete all his apps and log out of windows etc somehow ? Thanks
Mark_Hickman30/04/2020 20:55

Thanks for the tips, it was my teenage sons so doesn't have much important …Thanks for the tips, it was my teenage sons so doesn't have much important personal info.Although how do i wipe it like you do a factory data reset on a phone is that possible or do i just delete all his apps and log out of windows etc somehow ? Thanks

W10? That OS has various reset options support.microsoft.com/en-…528
AndyRoyd30/04/2020 21:19

W10? That OS has various reset options …W10? That OS has various reset options https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4026528

Yes windows 10, that was great thank you
Im attempting to build his new pc as a project together to spend some time with him while im off work, i know how to put everything in physically but we're ordering ryzen 3600, b450 tomahawk max, do you know if the motherboard needs bios updating or if it works out the box by any chance ? Or am i better off making a new thread about that to find help ? Cheers
Mark_Hickman30/04/2020 21:33

Yes windows 10, that was great thank you Im attempting to build his …Yes windows 10, that was great thank you Im attempting to build his new pc as a project together to spend some time with him while im off work, i know how to put everything in physically but we're ordering ryzen 3600, b450 tomahawk max, do you know if the motherboard needs bios updating or if it works out the box by any chance ? Or am i better off making a new thread about that to find help ? Cheers

Go for new thread to receive tips&trix
AndyRoyd30/04/2020 21:37

Go for new thread to receive tips&trix

Will do thank you very much
Edited by: "Mark_Hickman" 30th Apr
Mark_Hickman30/04/2020 20:55

Thanks for the tips, it was my teenage sons so doesn't have much important …Thanks for the tips, it was my teenage sons so doesn't have much important personal info.Although how do i wipe it like you do a factory data reset on a phone is that possible or do i just delete all his apps and log out of windows etc somehow ? Thanks

Find out if the SSD has a dashboard/toolkit. If so use that to wipe the SSD.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions