Putting Virgin media in more than one room, advice please

My dad is looking at putting virgin media into the bedrooms, what sort of cable is needed to do this?

8 Comments

If it's just the same cable channel you want in both rooms you just need a Digital Video Sender.

If it's different cable channels you want in both rooms you'll need a 2nd Virgin Box.

Original Poster

Mecoconuts;4240091

If it's just the same cable channel you want in both rooms you just need … If it's just the same cable channel you want in both rooms you just need a Digital Video Sender.If it's different cable channels you want in both rooms you'll need a 2nd Virgin Box.

yeah i know, but i cannot remember what type of cable we need to get, as we are going to split the signal to the upstairs rooms

We just used a normal coaxial cable to run the VM signal into our bedroom

Original Poster

sadiebabes;4240180

We just used a normal coaxial cable to run the VM signal into our bedroom … We just used a normal coaxial cable to run the VM signal into our bedroom

brilliant ta very much :thumbsup:

you can use normal coax digital cable. virgin use cft-100

If you use a splitter, easiely found (I brought mine for £1 from dealextreme) and connect between the wall outset and the Virgin box and then use a coaxel cable from the spliiter to the other room, you will get freeview channels + some more like Virgin 1 etc, this is the best way to do it.

Banned

make sure you use a decent spliter to avoid noise levels being wrong or you will likely get pictures freezing.

Original Poster

thanks everyone for your help
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764413
    2. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1533
    3. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1012
    4. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio1735

See more discussions