Puzza hut rant

Posted 14th Nov
so, pizza hut are expensive as everyone knows, and they pretty much always have an offee on.... 30% off, buy one get one half price etc.
they also give a £10 voucher if the delivery takes longer than 45 minutes if you contact their customer service.
so, last week i order pizzas and they take take 1 hour and 10 minutes to arrive.
so i message customer services and 4 days later i receive a £10 voucher code that can only be used online.
anyway, next week i decide to order pizza again.
i log onto their site and I'm presented with an OFFER. 50% off pizzas if spending over £30.
so i spend over £50 and it says its £25.
so now i enter my VOUCHER code and im told i cannot use it because i have already used a voucher ?
but ive not !
so this is the thing, because pizza hut are expensive, i cannot afford to use them if i dont benefit from an offer, but by using any offer, i cannot use my voucher.
so its useless.
contacted pizza hut but no reply.
Community Updates
Top comments
Asda 14 inch create your own pizza = £3.75. Sorted.
32 Comments
Why don't you buy a full price pizza which are about £20? Correct me if I'm wrong, then use your voucher on that and you've got a pizza for £10.
If you are feeding a family and want the big offers, do the method above for 1 of the items etc and do a new seperate order for the rest? It would at least get rid of your voucher.

Your £10 voucher is basically a 50% off full price items that are £20 and not on offer already.
Edited by: "Cloeeez" 14th Nov
Order from Dominos instead?

I haven't used Pizza Hut delivery in years as the delivery time, service and food quality was always bad. Only had one late delivery with Dominos.
Cloeeez14/11/2019 11:41

Why don't you buy a full price pizza which are about £20? Correct me if …Why don't you buy a full price pizza which are about £20? Correct me if I'm wrong, then use your voucher on that and you've got a pizza for £10.If you are feeding a family and want the big offers, do the method above for 1 of the items etc and do a new seperate order for the rest? It would at least get rid of your voucher.Your £10 voucher is basically a 50% off full price items that are £20 and not on offer already.

I did think of that but you have a minimum spend at my store for free delivery
So it still doesn't give the full £10 voucher discount.
Its not so much the £10 as the point
Well "rant" pretty much describes it doesn't it. I'm sure you have local pizza shops that are much cheaper than pizza hut. You say that Pizza Hut are expensive so you cannot afford to use them, we'll here is the solution for you; don't use them.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 14th Nov
This is the same as a lot of retailers, I'm afraid. Taking advantage of an "offer" is effectively the same as using a voucher, in their eyes. It is true that some retailers allow stacking of offers or vouchers but obviously Pizza Hut aren't one of them. If you have already used a "50% off" offer, this is more than likely treated as a 50% off 'voucher' by their system. As the system is set to disallow stacking, you cannot add another offer - or voucher.

You can't blame them entirely as it is a move to try and stop people taking the 'wee wee' of their offers. You could have found a loophole (and people do!) where you could effectively have pizza delivered for nothing. Great for you - not so for their business.

I know this is stating the obvious but - buy a smaller meal, and use your voucher???

Regards, Phsy.
Tl;dr.
lollypoplee14/11/2019 11:54

I did think of that but you have a minimum spend at my store for free …I did think of that but you have a minimum spend at my store for free delivery So it still doesn't give the full £10 voucher discount. Its not so much the £10 as the point

Now it'll sound like I'm taking the mickey (I'm not by the way!) but how about collecting your order? If you are able to of course. Or even go to the restaurant for your meal one time?
RYANdeals14/11/2019 12:05

I try never to be too judgemental. Everyone has the right to do (and spend) as they please but I know EXACTLY what you're saying! Hehe. I cringe at the flyers that come through the door. Some of the prices are truly eye-watering...

This. Or Morrisons. Or any of the sub £3 frozen range which are actually delicious! I know some people are lazy or simply prefer freshly made, but pizza hut are so poor in quality, which they weren't in my childhood about 15-20 years ago. Very little sauce, uneven toppings, cheese all over the place. Have it made your way in Asda/Morrisons etc
I wanna try Puzza hut

Not every Asda has a create your own, mine doesn't

I still like the ones already made but I only like the Cheese one
Edited by: "Norseg" 14th Nov
“Pizza Hut are expensive, I cannot afford to use them...”

and yet you still do!

What a strange comment.
StonkwellBogtrotter14/11/2019 13:32

“Pizza Hut are expensive, I cannot afford to use them...” and yet you sti …“Pizza Hut are expensive, I cannot afford to use them...” and yet you still do!What a strange comment.

Noooo, didn't write that did i !
I finished it off with... unless i benefit from an offer.
So not strange at all
Phsycronix14/11/2019 12:06

Now it'll sound like I'm taking the mickey (I'm not by the way!) but how …Now it'll sound like I'm taking the mickey (I'm not by the way!) but how about collecting your order? If you are able to of course. Or even go to the restaurant for your meal one time?

The voucher was only for delivery fu friend
Phsycronix14/11/2019 12:06

Now it'll sound like I'm taking the mickey (I'm not by the way!) but how …Now it'll sound like I'm taking the mickey (I'm not by the way!) but how about collecting your order? If you are able to of course. Or even go to the restaurant for your meal one time?

Sorry, that was meant to say my friend.
Norseg14/11/2019 12:49

...still like the ones already made but I only like the Cheese one

That narrows it down. Thanks.
lollypoplee14/11/2019 14:03

Sorry, that was meant to say my friend.

I'm glad you followed up with that comment, lollypoplee. Haha. I thought you were saying "Fu** you, friend!"

Really? They limit the voucher's use to 'delivery only' orders? That sounds odd. You're sure you can't place an order online - but for collection?

I guess it's a case of - their company, their rules eh?
fanpages14/11/2019 14:09

That narrows it down. Thanks.

Haha I see
Basically I'm saying they're all apart from Cheese Meltdown
Phsycronix14/11/2019 14:13

I'm glad you followed up with that comment, lollypoplee. Haha. I thought …I'm glad you followed up with that comment, lollypoplee. Haha. I thought you were saying "Fu** you, friend!" Really? They limit the voucher's use to 'delivery only' orders? That sounds odd. You're sure you can't place an order online - but for collection?I guess it's a case of - their company, their rules eh?

I know ! And now because im "under review " when i post because someone reported me for a comment, i was unable to edit it
So thats why i reposted really quickly
Norseg14/11/2019 14:16

Haha I see Basically I'm saying they're all apart from Cheese …Haha I see Basically I'm saying they're all apart from Cheese Meltdown

My favourite (&, by that I mean, one I can actually eat) at the moment is this...

[ hotukdeals.com/com…440 ]

38984606-qD3lo.jpg
fanpages14/11/2019 14:23

My favourite (&, by that I mean, one I can actually eat) at the moment is …My favourite (&, by that I mean, one I can actually eat) at the moment is this...[ https://www.hotukdeals.com/comments/permalink/38903440 ][Image]

No thanks it's Vegan and Gluten Free
lollypoplee14/11/2019 14:19

I know ! And now because im "under review " when i post because someone …I know ! And now because im "under review " when i post because someone reported me for a comment, i was unable to edit it So thats why i reposted really quickly

My two comments (& probably this third) within this thread so far have gone into the "Under review (not public)" queue as well...

38984665-9ZtJp.jpg
This is the first time it has happened for a while.

My favourite (&, by that I mean, one I can actually eat) at the moment is …My favourite (&, by that I mean, one I can actually eat) at the moment is this...[ https://www.hotukdeals.com/comments/permalink/38903440 ][Image]

Ewww Coconut Oil instead of Mozzarella
ShishaGod14/11/2019 12:46

This. Or Morrisons. Or any of the sub £3 frozen range which are actually …This. Or Morrisons. Or any of the sub £3 frozen range which are actually delicious! I know some people are lazy or simply prefer freshly made, but pizza hut are so poor in quality, which they weren't in my childhood about 15-20 years ago. Very little sauce, uneven toppings, cheese all over the place. Have it made your way in Asda/Morrisons etc

Sadly true, I loved Pizza Hut when younger... Now I just wonder how they can justify the prices!
^ Yup... my third comment needed approval too. I expect this one will be the same...

Norseg14/11/2019 14:29

No thanks it's Vegan and Gluten Free

Norseg14/11/2019 14:30

Ewww Coconut Oil instead of Mozzarella

Yes, that means it is lactose free too (& satisfies the Vegan label as well, of course)...

...but that's the point.

I presume you've never tried it, so your opposition is based on your perceived taste of the product.
fanpages14/11/2019 14:35

^ Yup... my third comment needed approval too. I expect this one will be …^ Yup... my third comment needed approval too. I expect this one will be the same...Yes, that means it is lactose free too (& satisfies the Vegan label as well, of course)......but that's the point.I presume you've never tried it, so your opposition is based on your perceived taste of the product.

Never tried it but I'm assuming Coconut Oil instead of cheese is going to be the worst part

The only reason I like Cheese Meltdown is the cheese.. same with other simple pizzas it's the cheese what's giving it's life
Larressingle14/11/2019 14:38

Comment deleted

Oooh, what did I miss? Looking back, I can't see anything. This is a thread about pizza's.......
Phsycronix14/11/2019 14:44

Oooh, what did I miss? Looking back, I can't see anything. This is a …Oooh, what did I miss? Looking back, I can't see anything. This is a thread about pizza's.......

If i told you..... you would probably laugh
Larressingle14/11/2019 14:56

Comment deleted

I really wish i could reply, but sadly i cannot due to not being able to because im not a hukd's favourite
I had a £10 voucher the other day and I was able to use it on their £5 pizzas and sides. I bought 3 medium pizzas and a side for £10.
Wow even my comments gone for review, and it's probably more relevant to the post than most of the other comments on here lol.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants