Groups

puzzle

Okay see if you can figure this one out without the use of a calculator (just in your head);-)

Take 1000 and add 40 to it. Now add another 1000. Now add 30.
    Add another 1000. Now add 20. Now add another 1000. Now add 10. What is the total?

:whistling:

223 Comments

4100?

5000 ?

Ooops!

Original Poster

loupomm

4100?

Did you use a calc loupomm:w00t:

no!

my kids do these kinda things to me all the time lol

its kind of an illusion

Original Poster

emmajk42

Ooops!

Thats what I got too:roll:

either 2100 or 5000 depending on how you read it!

ambiguity rules:?

Original Poster

muckypup

either 2100 or 5000 depending on how you read it!ambiguity rules:?

Now try it with a calculator;-)

fox2020

Now try it with a calculator;-)

dunno where it is....my head hurts!!:-(

duh.....4100.........I think:thinking:

Original Poster

muckypup

duh.....4100.........I think:thinking:

:thumbsup:

5000?

Whats the illusion

Original Poster

Deal4Me

5000?Whats the illusion

The answer is 4100:)

Original Poster

Mary's father has five daughters: 1. Nana, 2. Nene, 3. Nini, 4. Nono. What is the name of the fifth daughter?

kids do this to me too, but i cannot work it out everytime its 5000 what am i missing?

please help i'm not really that stupid!!! :whistling:

fox2020

Mary's father has five daughters: 1. Nana, 2. Nene, 3. Nini, 4. Nono. … Mary's father has five daughters: 1. Nana, 2. Nene, 3. Nini, 4. Nono. What is the name of the fifth daughter?

Mary :thumbsup: or :-(

But how?

fox2020

The answer is 4100:)

sofiamary

kids do this to me too, but i cannot work it out everytime its 5000 what … kids do this to me too, but i cannot work it out everytime its 5000 what am i missing?please help i'm not really that stupid!!! :whistling:

Cant see how people get it wrong
    1000 +40 = 1040
    +1000
    =2040
    +30
    =2070
    +1000
    =3070
    +20
    =3090
    +1000
    =4090
    +10
    =4100
    ... where exactly is the confusion?

Mary!!!!

fox2020

Mary's father has five daughters: 1. Nana, 2. Nene, 3. Nini, 4. Nono. … Mary's father has five daughters: 1. Nana, 2. Nene, 3. Nini, 4. Nono. What is the name of the fifth daughter?

nunu ?

Yeah, I was going to say Nunu too!

suze

Yeah, I was going to say Nunu too!

umm great minds think alike ! :giggle:

so dumb haha

The daughters one never fooled me

Ahhh i get the sum one now, its the way you read it. When Im adding it, when I get to the 3090 stage, in my head I say it as "three ninety" for short. So when I add 1000 I say "four ninety" add the 10 I get 5000 lol

Fooled me

You're in a race and overtake the person in second place - Where are you positioned now?

Greg

You're in a race and overtake the person in second place - Where are you … You're in a race and overtake the person in second place - Where are you positioned now?

2nd place assuming you dont also overtake the leader.

So you can spell coke, joke, poke but how do you spell the white of an egg

A woman had triplets in July and twins in August - in the same year. How could that be possible?
    and
    [SIZE=2]What is black when you buy it, red when you use it, and grey when you throw it away?[/SIZE]

i'm going to give these a miss, not going to make myself stupid anymore, kids have some greast ones and always catch me out, strange what your mind does, lol but a great bit of fun!! :thumbsup:

Yolk

Msn gold star (*) for me

intenso100

So you can spell coke, joke, poke but how do you spell the white of an egg

LOL!! Its the egg whites!!! I like that one well done

Deal4Me

Yolk :DMsn gold star (*) for me

nope

intenso100

A woman had triplets in July and twins in August - in the same year. How … A woman had triplets in July and twins in August - in the same year. How could that be possible?and[SIZE=2]What is black when you buy it, red when you use it, and grey when you throw it away?[/SIZE]

Coal :thumbsup:

yeah one right deal4me

Edited, it the egg whites!! Good one intenso

Original Poster

albumen

Deal4Me

Edited, it the egg whites!! Good one intenso

yeah answer is albumen

intenso100

A woman had triplets in July and twins in August - in the same year. How … A woman had triplets in July and twins in August - in the same year. How could that be possible?

answer
    [SIZE=2][COLOR=black]She had qu[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]intriplets (5), three were born before midnight on July 31 and two were born after midnight on August 1st.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

any more?

I got 4100 for the above one straight away , whats the illusion supposed to be ?? seems straight forward to me :?

EDIT I've read the other posts now so I understand !! lol

There are 3 light bulbs hanging on individual pendants in a room.

There are 3 light switches on the outside of the room, but you can only use one switch at a time and you cannot see in the room to catch which switch is for which bulb.

There is no possible way of viewing inside the room without stepping in and you cannot have anyone in there shouting which switch is for which bulb.

How do you find out which switch is for which bulb?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047167
      2. Get an annual MOT reminder44
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767405
      4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7221362

See more discussions