PUZZLEMENT OVER DEBENHAMS CANCELLATION OF ORDER

Found 4th Sep 2013
I ordered online two days ago a mustard coloured John Rocha coat/jacket for £120, ( + £ 7 shipping fee to The Netherlands) only to find via Debenhams' TRACK AND TRACE yesterday that it was cancelled. I did not, in any way, facilitate such cancellation, nor was it ever reflected in the website that the item in particular was out of stock. There was no explanation whatsoever why such cancellation transpired. The day of the online order, the progress stated CREATED.

I e-mailed via customer service quite a few times, about ,5 and was only given a system generated response that Debenhams will contact me within 3 days.

What happens after this, I wonder. I would appreciate any input of similar nature, guys!

I hail from the Philippines and I was so excited to give a present for a special someone in The Netherlands and this is what I get.

I am completely frustrated. Please help!

Sincerely Yours,
Jean Rey
Community Updates
50 Comments
Hi Jean, nice profile,pic.

Have you received a refund or have they just cancelled the sending of the coat?

Is the coat still showing as being on sale?

I think it may be something to do with them not posting it abroad so I will check their shipping policy.

Ok they do ship to the Netherlands.

int.debenhams.com/inf…ab1

Your order has been cancelled due to stock availability, no payment has been taken.
Cancelled - unable to fulfill - payment refunded Your order has been cancelled due to stock availability. We have processed a refund to your payment card.

That gives explanations of the status updates.

I reckon coat was out of stock when they went to process the order. It's possible you were not sent an email telling you of their intent to refund, or perhaps it has gone to your spam email.

If you paid by card it can take several days to be refunded.

Such a shame for you and hope you will be refunded soon and can find another gift.
Edited by: "Mark2111" 4th Sep 2013
01823 364711 is a phone number for customer services but it could be expensive if calling from The Philippines.

I had something like that ...is your billing address the same as your delivery address ... ?
Mark2111

Hi Jean, nice profile,pic.Have you received a refund or have they just … Hi Jean, nice profile,pic.Have you received a refund or have they just cancelled the sending of the coat?Is the coat still showing as being on sale?I think it may be something to do with them not posting it abroad so I will check their shipping policy.

Hi there, Mark2111! Thanks!

I have not received any refund, credit card was used and Lord knows if they have already deducted that via credit card payment. Yes, the coat is still shown on sale.

They do have options to ship items to other countries, including that of The Netherlands.

Thank you , mark21111

Mark2111

Ok they do ship to the Netherlands.

Yes, they do ship to NL.
All hail The Philippines!!

Try this email address. I have always got a good response from it.

heretohelp@debenhams.com
Edited by: "deeky" 4th Sep 2013
john2020md

I had something like that ...is your billing address the same as your … I had something like that ...is your billing address the same as your delivery address ... ?

Mark2111

http://int.debenhams.com/info/customer-services/faq?jump=tab1Your order … http://int.debenhams.com/info/customer-services/faq?jump=tab1Your order has been cancelled due to stock availability, no payment has been taken.Cancelled - unable to fulfill - payment refunded Your order has been cancelled due to stock availability. We have processed a refund to your payment card.Thanks mark2111 . I did check this site out as I can be very thorough as well. However, there was indeed no explanation as such as to why the cancellation transpired. In their website, the coat was not even declared as out of stock/ According to their status updates, there are 2 reasons for cancellation. Not even one was explained to me as to why they did that.I utterly hate this thing happening! I am trying to contact CONSUMERS DEPARTMENT Division in EU to file complain. Geez, I am so frustrated! :(That gives explanations of the status updates.I reckon coat was out of stock when they went to process the order. It's possible you were not sent an email telling you of their intent to refund, or perhaps it has gone to your spam email.If you paid by card it can take several days to be refunded.Such a shame for you and hope you will be refunded soon and can find another gift.

Mark2111

01823 364711 is a phone number for customer services but it could be … 01823 364711 is a phone number for customer services but it could be expensive if calling from The Philippines.

Thanks John for the input!

Debenhams should initiate the communication after my several attempts to call their attention via numerous e-mails sent to their customer service international. I wish it were that easy but I need to bombard them. I hope this won't be a lost cause. I cannot even decide if I need to search for another gift as this bothers me a lot. What if Debenhams already swiped and payment to them already ensued?

This is such a shame!

Thank you!
Thanks mark2111 . I did check this site out as I can be very thorough as well. However, there was indeed no explanation as such as to why the cancellation transpired. In their website, the coat was not even declared as out of stock/ According to their status updates, there are 2 reasons for cancellation. Not even one was explained to me as to why they did that.

I utterly hate this thing happening! I am trying to contact CONSUMERS DEPARTMENT Division in EU to file complain. Geez, I am so frustrated!

It's Debenhams. Their online operation is poor at best, and downright incompetent at worst. They routinely take your orders and you'll be lucky to receive 50% of what you ordered.

All you will get will be a refund. Don't expect an apology
john2020md

I had something like that ...is your billing address the same as your … I had something like that ...is your billing address the same as your delivery address ... ?

Thanks, John2020! Nope, the billing address is not the same as the delivery address. The item is supposed to be a present for somebody in The Netherlands, hence, this is the case. The credit card address is, of course, the same as the billing address.
JazzyJean8

Thanks, John2020! Nope, the billing address is not the same as the … Thanks, John2020! Nope, the billing address is not the same as the delivery address. The item is supposed to be a present for somebody in The Netherlands, hence, this is the case. The credit card address is, of course, the same as the billing address.

What about my input?
deeky

All hail The Philippines!!Try this email address. I have always got a … All hail The Philippines!!Try this email address. I have always got a good response from it. heretohelp@debenhams.com

Hi deeky! I also tried to e-mail them at that address and no reply of any sort form them yet ! Thank you!
Beg, Deekster, beg.
deeky

What about my input?

Deeky, I did send a reply/comment back. Maybe this website is a bit lagging? Thank you very much for posting the link. I also already did send numerous e-mails to that e-mail ddress. Thank you!
JazzyJean8

Deeky, I did send a reply/comment back. Maybe this website is a bit … Deeky, I did send a reply/comment back. Maybe this website is a bit lagging? Thank you very much for posting the link. I also already did send numerous e-mails to that e-mail ddress. Thank you!

You are very welcome JazzyJean8!
dimebars

Beg, Deekster, beg.

loooooool
ewwaxo

loooooool

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/074/2/4/I_wandered_lonely_as_a_cloud_by_manila_craze.png
deeky

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7k84mRQEO1r2j273.gif
HUKD MISC going global!!!!!
Edited by: "Sebas111" 4th Sep 2013
Let us know if you get a response Jean.

Out of interest, how did you find HUKD? Have you lived or visited the UK.

Your English is fantastic. Puts my Filipino to shame!
A mustard coloured John Rocha coat......... sounds like you had a lucky escape to me.
i get it now, if u want people to help u online,make sure u post a decent picture of urself!!
dimebars

It's Debenhams. Their online operation is poor at best, and downright … It's Debenhams. Their online operation is poor at best, and downright incompetent at worst. They routinely take your orders and you'll be lucky to receive 50% of what you ordered. All you will get will be a refund. Don't expect an apology

I gather the same by now. Gee z! According to some forum, even the refunds can take quite longer which is really incompetence at its best.
transit

A mustard coloured John Rocha coat......... sounds like you had a lucky … A mustard coloured John Rocha coat......... sounds like you had a lucky escape to me.

Oh yes! John Rocha,in this sentence,is the proper adjective and color/colour must come prior to it and then we add the noun (coat) at the end. Thanks for pointing that out, hey!

If I say I was irked to swell proportions the time I started this thread, would that suffice as an excuse, transit? Peace!

Edited by: "JazzyJean8" 5th Sep 2013
Mark2111

Let us know if you get a response Jean.Out of interest, how did you find … Let us know if you get a response Jean.Out of interest, how did you find HUKD? Have you lived or visited the UK.Your English is fantastic. Puts my Filipino to shame!

My anger propelled me to search for forums concerning complaints about online ordering at Debenhams.

I did get a response from Debenhams. According to securitycheck@debenhams.com, my order was cancelled "due to order details failing our internal security verifications" and that they are "unable to provide further information" which is really absurd because it should have not passed a status of CREATED order had the credit card information prove to be invalid. I hope this is not racism but for whatever incompetencies, website inefficiencies and outsourcing of customer services for online orders Debenhams takes pride in, the only thing I can do is look for another retailer (until I am sure on the 5th day that they did not really charge my credit card) and escalate the matter via writing the European Commission on Distance Selling ( need to check the exact name again). This is harassment and disturbance instead of hassle-free shopping and I am really angered to my core. The way Debenhams structured their website and their system generated responses was smoke and mirrors indeed. You should fasten your seatbelt, visit other forums ( I should have done that myself earlier, grr) and strive not to be flooded with horrific tales of Debenhams consumers.

You speak Filipino? Nope, I have not visited UK yet.

Thanks!
Edited by: "JazzyJean8" 5th Sep 2013
ceres

Weird. I thought I replied to this thread in the wee small hours when it … Weird. I thought I replied to this thread in the wee small hours when it was first posted. Must have dreamt I did it X)ETA - Ah, found it. So you've posted twice. oOThey can cancel your order if they wish. There is no contract formed yet. It's unlikely they've taken payment, the funds have most likely been ring-fenced on your card but will be released back. Move on and take your custom to a retailer that appreciates it.

I really hope they have not charged the credit card yet .I would not want this waiting game for the refund if ever they charged the CC already. This is insane! I read about cancellation of orders but they were not able to provide a valid reason for such. Debenhams have 2 reasons for cancellation and not even one was given nor explained to me!

Oh I could hurl a lot of invectives to D but what's the point. I hope they experience a downward spiral of great proportions and I, along with the many others who were supposed to experience hassle-free shopping from a supposedly trusted D will be redeemed. I am sad and seething mad about this! I still have to wait for 2-3 more days to get a confirmation that D did not charge the credit card. Imagine the bother! Grr!
Hi Jean, what a shame they cancelled. I think they must only accept orders placed in the UK to send to The Netherlands. But they should have made it clear before you were able to buy.

I hope you get an explanation from them.

I don't speak Filipino, I was complimenting your excellent English and my lack of speaking any other language.

I have googled this for you

maligayang pagbati
Mark2111

Hi Jean, what a shame they cancelled. I think they must only accept … Hi Jean, what a shame they cancelled. I think they must only accept orders placed in the UK to send to The Netherlands. But they should have made it clear before you were able to buy.I hope you get an explanation from them.I don't speak Filipino, I was complimenting your excellent English and my lack of speaking any other language. I have googled this for youmaligayang pagbati

^^ Huwag pansinin ang kanya Jazzy, siya ay isang tanga. X)
okay lang Jean , lamang kami ay nakakaranas ng masaya. Deeky ang aking ama .

Mark2111

okay lang Jean , lamang kami ay nakakaranas ng masaya. Deeky ang aking … okay lang Jean , lamang kami ay nakakaranas ng masaya. Deeky ang aking ama .;)

Tiyak mo bang sabihin ay lolo? X)
I can see something developing here, wonder how much the hotphillipinesdeals.com would cost?
ceres

You're over-reacting. You input an order to a website, it gets CREATED … You're over-reacting. You input an order to a website, it gets CREATED so that the company can decide whether they wish to take the order. In this case they didn't. Get over it.Exactly where are you seeing a racist element to this? They declined an order, according to you because of a credit card issue. That's their right.You have no cause of action under DSR - you're in the Phillipines, they don't apply Ditto recourse to the European Commission.And instead of specualting whther your card has been charged, you could actually check.If you don't like Debenhams, shop elsewhere.

You are a happy soul aren't you
ceres

Exactly where are you seeing a racist element to this?

I may have missed it but where does the OP suggest a racist element?
Ceres, the OP has excellent English but her use of the word rascist meant that she felt the transaction was being discriminated against because she is in The Philippines and her transaction wouldn't have been cancelled had she been in the UK.

Her gripe is that it should have been flagged up immediately that the transaction could not be accepted.

I think Jean is reasonable to think that she should have been informed straight away and not have to wait in limbo. The coat was a gift and she feels disappointed about it being cancelled.
ceres

Ok, well I said I may have missed it
ceres

I am X). Just don't see the point in pandering to stupidity.

Neither do I but I decided to respond to you anyway oO
ceres

I don't see anywhere that the OP was told the order was cancelled because … I don't see anywhere that the OP was told the order was cancelled because it was placed from the Philippines. I see a vague reference to a problem with the credit card, nothing more. Reading racism into something like this is a slippery slope. You post here pretty much every day - you know that orders are cancelled after being placed for a whole variety of reasons - out of stock, credit card, price glitch, shipping restrictions or whatever. And when posters start spouting about their rights when an order is cancelled before dispatch, they rightly get pretty short shrift. So what's different here - a pretty picture? Oops - sexist!

I think her use of the word rascist was taken literally meaning she thought she was being penalised for buying from another country not her actual race. I think it's her interpretation of the English Language, which on the whole is excellent.

I was sympathetic to her not just because of her pretty picture ( ) but because she was upset/annoyed and very frustrated at not getting a reply from Debenhams. It's a bit easier for us in the UK to phone up but Jean being in the Philippines it must be more difficult/expensive.

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants