PVC cladding in bathroom

Posted 1st Nov
Was looking into getting pvc cladding in bathroom as our tiles are old and will be a nightmare getting off. Has anyone bought or have pvc cladding on walls in bathroom ? Do they look good or look fake ?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
Cladding warehouse look up "Vlad the clad" ..very compreshensive website & assistance for buying in sheets, corners etc..

claddingwarehouse.co.uk/

Enjoy
Used This 2 years ago at my daughters. Looks excellent. Quick and easy to fit. Still looks great and fresh.
I am guessing by PVC you mean using sheets of insulated board with a pvc front face?

You biggest enemy is condensation to the rear of the panels. This will be invisible until the whole thing falls down leaving you to admire (and breathe in) spores from the black mould. Be wary of using it without really good insulation, especially against north facing exterior walls
ccnp01/11/2019 13:17

I am guessing by PVC you mean using sheets of insulated board with a pvc …I am guessing by PVC you mean using sheets of insulated board with a pvc front face?You biggest enemy is condensation to the rear of the panels. This will be invisible until the whole thing falls down leaving you to admire (and breathe in) spores from the black mould. Be wary of using it without really good insulation, especially against north facing exterior walls

Not this at all. Follow the link on my post and see. It's brilliant stuff.
We have it on the wall behind our toilet to cover the pipes. Works/looks fine. Easy to clean. Cheap to replace. Got mine from DBS bathrooms.
Ringfinger01/11/2019 11:54

Used This 2 years ago at my daughters. Looks excellent. Quick and easy to …Used This 2 years ago at my daughters. Looks excellent. Quick and easy to fit. Still looks great and fresh.

My bathroom was already fitted with panels that look very similar to your link when I bought the place 5 years ago and I agree, very easy to keep clean and they still look good now and if I ever have to redo it I would use the same type again, I wouldn't bother with tiles.
The only minor thing I've noticed is that if you look along the wall where the light from the window reflects off it, you can see lots of slight vertical ridges about an inch apart due to the hollow construction of the panels.
This may be because I have cheap ones, I don't know, I've never looked at any others to compare.
Can you see the same effect on yours or does it look perfectly smooth?
Edited by: "Delbert.Grady" 1st Nov
Delbert.Grady01/11/2019 14:09

My bathroom was already fitted with panels that look very similar to your …My bathroom was already fitted with panels that look very similar to your link when I bought the place 5 years ago and I agree, very easy to keep clean and they still look good now and if I ever have to redo it I would use the same type again, I wouldn't bother with tiles.The only minor thing I've noticed is that if you look along the wall where the light from the window reflects off it, you can see lots of slight vertical ridges about an inch apart due to the hollow construction of the panels.This may be because I have cheap ones, I don't know, I've never looked at any others to compare.Can you see the same effect on yours or does it look perfectly smooth?

There is some slight (very slight) undulations, but you hand to be looking for them. For the ease of use and ease of care (and the low cost and speed putting it up) I won't hesitate to use it again.
We stuck ours over the old tiles - no prepping other than washing and drying.
Edited by: "Ringfinger" 1st Nov
Ringfinger01/11/2019 14:41

There is some slight (very slight) undulations, but you hand to be looking …There is some slight (very slight) undulations, but you hand to be looking for them. For the ease of use and ease of care (and the low cost and speed putting it up) I won't hesitate to use it again.We stuck ours over the old tiles - no prepping other than washing and drying.

Thanks for replying, sounds like its just me being a bit picky!
Agree they are very easy to keep clean and seem to last well.
Thanks for the replies everyone it’s really helpful, do you think it’s ok to put behind a radiator ?
Reggiea188801/11/2019 15:50

Thanks for the replies everyone it’s really helpful, do you think it’s ok t …Thanks for the replies everyone it’s really helpful, do you think it’s ok to put behind a radiator ?

Mine completely covers the wall behind the radiator (they must of taken the radiator off and then refixed it after).
I've just shone a torch down behind and there's no sign of any deterioration at all, and its been there at least 5 years.
38888177-LscF0.jpgEasy to install and easy to use however I have normal outdoor pvc cladding in my shower cubicle and it works an absolute treat - also have as a bath panel which my husband installed as this is his line of work but it’s great as long as it’s sealed correctly. Easy to clean cheaper than the huge bathroom pvc cladding sheets too and comes in a few different colours!
My bathroom was floor to ceiling green and gold tiles when we moved in and a really old corner bath and corner shower - the full new bathroom suite cost £55 from Selco, stone shower tray £15 and shower cubicle £30 from b&q supposed to be over £300! Cladding sheets for behind shower and bath panels were about £25 couple of tubes of silicone job done- hard part was getting those god awful tiles off it’s a huge bathroom but shows it can be done without spending mega money good luck with your bathroom!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants