Groups

PVC Door replacement locks

Hi guys abit of advice needed. Just got the keys to a property I've purchased today, however not to familiar with changing/replacing the locks on PVC doors as I've only changed them on wooden doors..

Any recommendations or advice before I go and purchase some or have to get a locksmith to change hem for me.

17 Comments

look at you tube videos
    remove lock
    go to screwfix, buy same length lock
    buy a anti bump decent one
    leave someone at house.
    fit lock

very easy if you have the keys just insert key and remove screw and wiggle key and out they pop.

Dead dead easy . Unscrew , slide out , slide new one in , screw back up . Takes five minutes . You can get anti snap for around £60 . Well worth it for the peace of mind

As the others above say, it's super easy, just make sure you get the correct length one.

The problem is is that the locks are all different lengths and you need to know the size before you buy so make sure u measure

Buy a thumb turn for for exit in an emergency ,

recommend thumb turn not only for emergency exit but also to save scrambling for keys when someone's at the door

dotie730

Buy a thumb turn for for exit in an emergency ,

​also makes it very easy for a burglar to get everything out of your house if they have broke in through a window.

i just had the Barrel changed on mine just remove the barrel and find a local store to replace it

shadey12

​also makes it very easy for a burglar to get everything out of your h … ​also makes it very easy for a burglar to get everything out of your house if they have broke in through a window.

​Thats the kind of stupid thing my dad says when he's trying to be clever. So what if it helps a burglar?

craigstephens

​Thats the kind of stupid thing my dad says when he's trying to be c … ​Thats the kind of stupid thing my dad says when he's trying to be clever. So what if it helps a burglar?

​Then all of your stuff is easier to get out of your house.

HondaLad

​Then all of your stuff is easier to get out of your house.

All new houses have thumb turn locks as part of pas 24
    But then all the windows are pas 24 tested as well.

mattinhull

recommend thumb turn not only for emergency exit but also to save … recommend thumb turn not only for emergency exit but also to save scrambling for keys when someone's at the door

Or you could just leave a key in the other side when your in.
    Makes lock picking, bumping or snap guns a lot harder as they have to force it out of the way before they can do anything.

Original Poster

Hi guys I appreciate all the advice.. managed to measure the locks today and was easy as you guys have mentioned.. I've seen these on Amazon are these any good 40/45 Nickel YALE Superior Euro Cylinder with 3 Keys Anti Snap / Bump / Pick / Drill / Pull High Security uPVC Composite Door Barrel Profile Lock amazon.co.uk/dp/…HEA

waaqii

Hi guys I appreciate all the advice.. managed to measure the locks today … Hi guys I appreciate all the advice.. managed to measure the locks today and was easy as you guys have mentioned.. I've seen these on Amazon are these any good 40/45 Nickel YALE Superior Euro Cylinder with 3 Keys Anti Snap / Bump / Pick / Drill / Pull High Security uPVC Composite Door Barrel Profile Lock https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B018GUGH2A/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_Zu6gybHTQBHEA

That's a good Cylinder and fairly good price

databar

All new houses have thumb turn locks as part of pas 24But then all the … All new houses have thumb turn locks as part of pas 24But then all the windows are pas 24 tested as well.

​Better tell all the car manufacturers that fitting deadlocking is a stupid idea then.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Virgin Media - what is a good price?618
      2. Advice on Gas Boiler Cover, British Gas putting price up!22
      3. Scammed on Steam game33
      4. Need foreign euro spend card, only 40% eligibility for Halifax Clarity but …55

See more discussions