Groups

Q for the Ladies - need your opinions!

Went and got my hair cut today, wash cut and dried, she did a lovely job BUT it set me back - or rather my OH - 30 Quid!!

I left gobsmacked...

How much do you tend to pay - and where do you get it done - if you don't mind me asking!

24 Comments

Banned

It depends where you go.

The best bargain's to be had are at the local hairdressing colleges.

was it a restyle? or just the same as your normal cut?

i would expect that for a restyle. also some places charge more on fridays and saturdays.

Prices are all pretty much the same round here. At the little hairdressers in the village, it's about £30, if I venture to one of the big name salons, it's about £39 for a bog standard stylist and up to about £50 for the top stylist. I normally go to Toni & Guy and pay the £39. I don't have my hair cut every 6 weeks though - more like every 6 months :-D

between £60 and £80 ( don't tell my OH! )

I have blonde hair and get red/blonde/brown/purple highlights :P

When I buy salon products such as leave-in conditioner etc it can rise to £120.

In my own defence.. I DO live in london and my hairdresser always does my girls hair for £10 each and they get it cut, blow dry, straightened. My husband hasn't clicked yet that they get it cheaper because I spend so much...lol

Original Poster

blackpeppa;4315590

was it a restyle? or just the same as your normal cut?i would expect that … was it a restyle? or just the same as your normal cut?i would expect that for a restyle. also some places charge more on fridays and saturdays.

Nope - just a plain old wash cut & blowdry - exactly what I always get.

Can't remember it being this much before, expected to pay about £20.

this is quite resonable.ive paid £60+ before.
    as has been said, the best deals are to be had when there are student days on at your local salon. theres a tony asnd guy in manchester that only charges £15 for a cut and £20/£30 for a colour.

[COLOR="Purple"]we charge £19.50 for cut and blow dry..[/COLOR]

omg! sum of the prices you have all mentioned
    no wonder it not very often i get me hair cut my local salon norm charges £18 for a cut n blow dry thats the dearest in my village the other salons are 10-15 quid

I pay £12.50 for a cut and blow dry but live in a little village, it cost me £40 to have my hair cut shorter dyed blonde with foils and my 3 little boys to have haircuts 2 days b4 xmas. She didn't charge me for the boys as it was xmas and she hasn't long opened, but I was well happy with the results.

Original Poster

sig1169;4315643

this is quite resonable.ive paid £60+ before.as has been said, the best … this is quite resonable.ive paid £60+ before.as has been said, the best deals are to be had when there are student days on at your local salon. theres a tony asnd guy in manchester that only charges £15 for a cut and £20/£30 for a colour.

I might have to give my toni & guys a call next time if thats what they charge... never had a colour cos its always seemed so expensive

JO-JO;4315667

[COLOR="Purple"]we charge £19.50 for cut and blow dry..[/COLOR]

See - now that is what I would have deemed reasonable! Admittidly she did a lovely job, was a lovely lass and normally I'd have left her a tip - but at that price?!

sometimes you can be really lucky and get it for free. if the students need a model and theres not enough people booked in they jsut grab people off the street. but your best off phoning and booking an appointment.

I get my hair done at the local college, they charge £6 for a cut and blow dry, and I have always had a good cut, always 3rd year students and the lecturer checks - I pay £19 for a full head of highlights with foils - and always get a lovely cup of coffee!!!

christinemerlot;4315801

I get my hair done at the local college, they charge £6 for a cut and … I get my hair done at the local college, they charge £6 for a cut and blow dry, and I have always had a good cut, always 3rd year students and the lecturer checks - I pay £19 for a full head of highlights with foils - and always get a lovely cup of coffee!!!

wow!!!

cut and colour for my length is 60! but seen as me my and my 2 sil,s are hairdressers its free!

when i went to college we had 2 days per week when the public come in for next to nothing and you also got beauty treatments!

it's £42 here for me in London, that's why i only go there every quarter lol and ask for my fave hairdresser (best looking hippiest and not gay apparently) - he's very good and understands i need mine layered to last the few months in between and that's how you can tell if it's good or not.

wash and cut.

I used to go to a private hair dresser in her home and her prices were going up and up that it was costing me £45 for a cut, highlights and dry!! Last time I had it cut (moneys tight haha) I went to the local college, took quite a while but for a wash and restyle and dry it was only £13!!! Bargin in my book lol x

I dye it at home now once in a while x

i used to pay beyond the fringe £120 every 2 months for a cut full head of highlights and finish (straightened) that was with a discount!!! as my mate was the manager!!!

now i get my hair done for free by another friend if i need a colour done then i just pay for the cost of the colour lol

Can anyone beat my £6 for a dry cut??? lol

it's about £25-£35 everywhere here in Inverness.

Banned

bellabonkers;4316033

Can anyone beat my £6 for a dry cut??? lol

My bf, he does it himself :-D

DLM;4316054

My bf, he does it himself :-D

nah..DIY jobs don't count lol

Banned

bellabonkers;4316065

nah..DIY jobs don't count lol

Ok :-D

makes me think it's a good skill to have. except cant cut my own hair ...
    or a good friend to have lol.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73944534
      2. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow610
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2048
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927371

See more discussions