Groups

Q: Quickest way to check whether RAM on laptop is one stick or two?

Without opening computer, how to work out no of RAM sticks?

Thanks

15 Comments

shanecr;4652053

http://filehippo.com/download_cpuz/

+1 but download from cpuid.com/dow…zip

Shake it and listen

Original Poster

Thanks guys - repped!

[email protected];4652063

+1 but download from http://www.cpuid.com/download/cpuz_150.zip

nowt wrong with filehippo my friend. very safe. used as official mirror for many downloads.

shanecr;4652086

nowt wrong with filehippo my friend. very safe. used as official mirror … nowt wrong with filehippo my friend. very safe. used as official mirror for many downloads.

I understand that - I just always like to download from the developer where possible to ensure it's the latest version... without having to check

[email protected];4652098

I understand that - I just always like to download from the developer … I understand that - I just always like to download from the developer where possible to ensure it's the latest version... without having to check

no problemo. but Filehippo always have the latest versions, and its great to only need to click one link to find all those great free downloads. horses for courses as my mother would say

shanecr;4652146

no problemo. but Filehippo always have the latest versions, and its great … no problemo. but Filehippo always have the latest versions, and its great to only need to click one link to find all those great free downloads. horses for courses as my mother would say

mine too!

try crucial.com as well

can also tell u what ram it takes and the maximum it will allow! =)

Another recommendation for CPU-Z, no install required and it gives you accurate information about exactly what's in your system. I don't find the Crucial memory tool to work that well as it's incorrectly identified systems in the past.

John

Banned

Johnmcl7;4654070

Another recommendation for CPU-Z, no install required and it gives you … Another recommendation for CPU-Z, no install required and it gives you accurate information about exactly what's in your system. I don't find the Crucial memory tool to work that well as it's incorrectly identified systems in the past.John

thats not good for me, shows my second slot as empty even though it isnt, i use belarc

Original Poster

Johnmcl7;4654070

Another recommendation for CPU-Z, no install required and it gives you … Another recommendation for CPU-Z, no install required and it gives you accurate information about exactly what's in your system. I don't find the Crucial memory tool to work that well as it's incorrectly identified systems in the past.John

sassie;4656576

thats not good for me, shows my second slot as empty even though it isnt, … thats not good for me, shows my second slot as empty even though it isnt, i use belarc

Thanks both. And belarc is the one I used before but had forgotten the name. Will try both to be safe

Liddle ol' me;4656607

Thanks both. And belarc is the one I used before but had forgotten the … Thanks both. And belarc is the one I used before but had forgotten the name. Will try both to be safe

I don't see why u don't just open it and look to be 100% sure ? It shouldn't be difficult :?

Original Poster

Mecoconuts;4656890

I don't see why u don't just open it and look to be 100% sure ? It … I don't see why u don't just open it and look to be 100% sure ? It shouldn't be difficult :?

It is my father's laptop; he lives several hundred miles away and wouldn't even know what RAM looks like.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Even the most simple things are complex.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Help Feed a Homeless Animal for Free1608647
      2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1624
      3. What do these 2 men have in common1116
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764217

See more discussions