Expired

Q -VISTA makes OFFICE crash?

5 replies
Found 2nd Dec 2007
I have been talking to a couple of friends who have bought laptops with vista on - some pretty powerful spec apparently (around £1000 ) but they say that OFFICE doesnt work well with it, keeps crashing, Im a pHd student and cant afford to be without WORD. I really like the idea of VISTA but am wondering whther i should shell out the extra for XP.

HAs anyone else had sinilar bad experiences with office and vista?

Sorry guys, have asked this in a couple of places - where is the best place to post questions?

6 Comments

It would probably do better in the misc thread, but it's here now
I ran office for 3 days and it was fine, then i realised i didn't need it, so it was fine for me. I run vista business.

Original Poster

NintendoSensei

It would probably do better in the misc thread, but it's here now :)I ran … It would probably do better in the misc thread, but it's here now :)I ran office for 3 days and it was fine, then i realised i didn't need it, so it was fine for me. I run vista business.

Thanks Sensi - beardmore san!

If you're paying extra for Vista over XP - don't! I'd take XP even if I had to pay more for it...

Don't take my word for it though - google it.

Vista's even made it to the ]Top ten terrible tech products at CNet

Don't take cnet's word for it, try it yourself! I have never encountered one problem with vista in 5 months of usage, and once you turn off UAC, it doesn't annoy you.

No problems with office freezing, only internet explorer being a nob cheese. When you have so many tabs open it messes up your whole system meaning you cant do anything properly until you have closed internet explorer.

I love Vista, been using x64 Ultimate for some time now. Office is fine.

Why not use LaTeX/TeX? (assuming your degree is Mathematical/Science based)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769347
    2. Tesco 3 for 2 Toy deal starting 27th October88
    3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18226637
    4. Any PS4 News Here29313894

See more discussions