Q&A with Quidco over all these Opt-in bonus deals that never pays out...

23 replies
Found 15th Feb
This is an invite to ask the Quidco Rep to answer some questions on the debacle that is the Quidco £10 opt-in bonuses that never seem to pay out until you chase them months later.

Invite sent to the Quidco rep, lets see if they are willing to cooperate.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
23 Comments

Good luck, I have several of the £10 bonuses track and none paid as yet. My Argos one just seems to have the goalposts moved. Initial 'estimate' should be tomorrow (changed I believe from earlier date), but now estimated at the end of March (an extra 6 week delay).
I have a Boot's one due next week (21st) and now expecting the goalposts to be moved on that one too.
They can't be doing their reputation any good with these delays, especially when the recent Topcashback (similar) promotion tracked and showed almost instantly and even the ebay issue was professionally corrected.
What is the problem Quidco?

My friend did a £10 cashback on £50+ grocery spend a while back, for some reason the purchase never showed up on her account and despite providing proof of her order the £10 was never paid.

My bonus was paid, although it took a little over 3 months to arrive.

Re the Argos one, my original purchase didn't track and I'm still waiting on the claim. If that's successful, I can then try to get the £10. More chance of feeding my roses with rocking horse manure.
I used to use Quidco all the time, but these days it's few and far between for these very reasons.

I try to use Topcashback as much as possible now. I can't fault the brilliant service they provide when I've had several companies try to reject payouts. they always are persistent if I raise a ticket they try they're best to recover my cashback.

I've lost count of the amount of times I've had Quidco track and either incorrect amounts paid to what was promised or if i remember term correctly "paid to another channel." they're claim system is almost guaranteed to be rejected. Rubbish service from Quidco.
Edited by: "jayman1986" 15th Feb

jayman1986

I try to use Topcashback as much as possible now. I can't fault the … I try to use Topcashback as much as possible now. I can't fault the brilliant service they provide when I've had several companies try to reject payouts. they always are persistent if I raise a ticket they try they're best to recover my cashback.I've lost count of the amount of times I've had Quidco track and either incorrect amounts paid to what was promised or if i remember term correctly "paid to another channel." they're claim system is almost guaranteed to be rejected. Rubbish service from Quidco.

TCB are hopeless, something that was due payable in 3 weeks sat like that for 10 weeks, then jumped to 39 weeks, customer service say it just has to wait and are we ok with that. What can you do, nothing keep chasing, response is the same

Op did you see their response in the hot thread from yesterday

QuidcoCompanyRep

Hello all,Just a few responses to clarify matters as regards the bonus … Hello all,Just a few responses to clarify matters as regards the bonus payment speeds:Bonuses received via email will usually be targeted towards those that receive them, which is why simply clicking through the page if you have not received the email will usually yield a 'Not eligible message'.The payment of bonuses such as this is dependent on the 'confirmation' of a qualifying purchase. The majority of retailers will take around 3 months to process automatically tracked cashback and 4 months with claims from the date a claim is raised.The bonus then follows 3 days after 'confirmation'. Should that not happen, please don't panic as our customer support team will be on hand to help sort that out for you so don't hesitate to get in touch with us via your support tab. Please note too that you can now get in touch with us via social media on Twitter & Facebook. This allows us to locate your account & better sort out any bonus queries you may [email protected] - Apologies for any frustration caused. The majority of retailers will take 3 months to process cashbacks, so a November purchase should hopefully get processed before the end of this month.Are you able to get in touch with us via Twitter or Facebook. This will just allow me to get that checked out for you [email protected] - We'd love to get that checked out for you. Are you able to get in contact via one of our social media platforms; Facebook or [email protected] - Do get in touch with us via Twitter or Facebook, so we can look into that Boots cashback for you & hopefully get that [email protected]_gal - The claim function won't allow for claims on bonuses, as these get added in separately. Nevertheless, Please get in touch with your Twitter or Facebook teams so we can have that looked in to. Do note that the majority of retailers will take 3 months to process automatically tracked cashback, and 4 months with claims (from the date a claim is raised). The bonus then follows 3 days after 'confirmation' so it is highly likely that this should get sorted this month if your qualifying purchase was made in November. Kind Regards,JosephQuidco Company Rep

I have the same issues. Quidco is B$ in my opinion and I stick to top cash back from now on.

eslick

TCB are hopeless, something that was due payable in 3 weeks sat like that … TCB are hopeless, something that was due payable in 3 weeks sat like that for 10 weeks, then jumped to 39 weeks, customer service say it just has to wait and are we ok with that. What can you do, nothing keep chasing, response is the same

​​​yes I'll admit they're slow but from my experience they still pay out if you have a genuine transaction that is eligible for cashback.

Original Poster

eslick

Op did you see their response in the hot thread from yesterday

Hi,

Yes I saw their post, did you see my response? The Quidco minion has vanished since.

Quidco send some minion to address specific requests to do with an issue which would be easily dealt with by adding an Opt-in bonus column next to the tracking information.

It's not rocket science, instead Quidco would rather see their reputation in tatters and ask customers to contact their team on Facebook and Twitter on a one-to-one basis...

The only reason for this as far as I can see: it's done to allow Quidco to maximise profit, on the hope that the majority of Quidco customers forget / never follow up the queries months down the line when they are payable (minus the opt-in bonus).

Quidco are far from transparent on this issue, i bet it makes uncomfortable reading to see how many customers got the standard tracking percentage and didn't get the opt-in bonus..... Come on Quidco Rep, lets hear it.

TCB all the way for me, too many bad experiences with Quidco.

Seems this is a theme and you'd like to think it would bother Quidco but it doesn't seem to.

I have £204 tracked, with no sign of being paid, it seems to be par for the course these days.

Not a single issue with TCB, another £100 taken out today. £500+ in total.

Don't use Quidco and they own this site.

Hello all,

@backinstock - We hear you... Having a bonus track in after an opt-in would definitely be a welcome improvement to the 'bonus journey'.

The good news is that a more instantaneous bonus tracking model is in the works. We are in the process of testing that to make sure it is ready for use before we roll that out, so do keep an eye out for that.

As regards your Argos & Boots cashbacks; The estimated payment dates are worked out by looking at how quickly retailers have been processing cashback with us over the last 12 months.

As the dates are estimates, they are subject to change but we'll try to make sure that the estimated dates are as accurate as possible to manage your expectations. In most cases, the confirmation will usually happen not too long after an estimated date so you should see those get confirmed very soon.

As always, do get in touch with our customer support via the Support tab, or on social media via Twitter or Facebook as we will be able to locate your account and better look into that for you.

@athunder - Sorry to hear about your friend's bonus - We'll usually raise a claim for a purchase that has not tracked. However the success of a bonus is dependant on the Qualifying purchase being confirmed, if a claim is raised. To better look into that specific case, I'd need your friend to get in touch with us through the support tab on their account or via our Twitter & Facebook channels so we can locate their account better assist with that.

@fivegoldstars - Argos will take around 4 months from the date the claim was raised to process claims. The bonus should then follow 3 days after the claim reaches 'confirmed' status. If the bonus is not automatically added in, do give us a shout through our support channels; The Support Tab, Live Chat, Twitter or Facebook.

Kind Regards,
Joseph
Quidco Company Rep

Edited by: "QuidcoCompanyRep" 15th Feb

jayman1986

​​​yes I'll admit they're slow but from my experience they still pay out i … ​​​yes I'll admit they're slow but from my experience they still pay out if you have a genuine transaction that is eligible for cashback.

Fingers crossed then mine shows up, have £3k on quidco but only £400 in the same timeframe with TCB due to issues, from tracking using its own browsers to taking an absolute age for payment to come through as said TCB customer care just don't seem to be bothered but Quidco have had payment from them when cash supposedly hasn't arrived.

QuidcoCompanyRep

Hello all,@backinstock - We hear you... Having a bonus track in after an … Hello all,@backinstock - We hear you... Having a bonus track in after an opt-in would definitely be a welcome improvement to the 'bonus journey'.The good news is that a more instantaneous bonus tracking model is in the works. We are in the process of testing that to make sure it is ready for use before we roll that out, so do keep an eye out for that.As regards your Argos & Boots cashbacks; The estimated payment dates are worked out by looking at how quickly retailers have been processing cashback with us over the last 12 months.As the dates are estimates, they are subject to change but we'll try to make sure that the estimated dates are as accurate as possible to manage your expectations. In most cases, the confirmation will usually happen not too long after an estimated date so you should see those get confirmed very soon.As always, do get in touch with our customer support via the Support tab, or on social media via Twitter or Facebook as we will be able to locate your account and better look into that for [email protected] - Sorry to hear about your friend's bonus - We'll usually raise a claim for a purchase that has not tracked. However the success of a bonus is dependant on the Qualifying purchase being confirmed, if a claim is raised. To better look into that specific case, I'd need your friend to get in touch with us through the support tab on their account or via our Twitter & Facebook channels so we can locate their account better assist with [email protected] - Argos will take around 4 months from the date the claim was raised to process claims. The bonus should then follow 3 days after the claim reaches 'confirmed' status. If the bonus is not automatically added in, do give us a shout through our support channels; The Support Tab, Live Chat, Twitter or Facebook.Kind Regards,JosephQuidco Company Rep

She's already contacted your support, they just kept asking her what rate was she eligible for, but says the rate she clicked on just said £10 off £50 spend.
This was way back in november/december now and she has given up trying.
Shes away for a while visiting family, I have her support email from quidco, ticket number/email, but doubt you'd deal with me instead of her.
Edited by: "athunder" 15th Feb

Your support after 3 days confirmed status only say it should be added within 30 days. What are the chances that after 30 days of confirmed cashback, support responds please wait 60days?

QuidcoCompanyRep

Hello all,@backinstock - We hear you... Having a bonus track in after an … Hello all,@backinstock - We hear you... Having a bonus track in after an opt-in would definitely be a welcome improvement to the 'bonus journey'.The good news is that a more instantaneous bonus tracking model is in the works. We are in the process of testing that to make sure it is ready for use before we roll that out, so do keep an eye out for that.As regards your Argos & Boots cashbacks; The estimated payment dates are worked out by looking at how quickly retailers have been processing cashback with us over the last 12 months.As the dates are estimates, they are subject to change but we'll try to make sure that the estimated dates are as accurate as possible to manage your expectations. In most cases, the confirmation will usually happen not too long after an estimated date so you should see those get confirmed very soon.As always, do get in touch with our customer support via the Support tab, or on social media via Twitter or Facebook as we will be able to locate your account and better look into that for [email protected] - Sorry to hear about your friend's bonus - We'll usually raise a claim for a purchase that has not tracked. However the success of a bonus is dependant on the Qualifying purchase being confirmed, if a claim is raised. To better look into that specific case, I'd need your friend to get in touch with us through the support tab on their account or via our Twitter & Facebook channels so we can locate their account better assist with [email protected] - Argos will take around 4 months from the date the claim was raised to process claims. The bonus should then follow 3 days after the claim reaches 'confirmed' status. If the bonus is not automatically added in, do give us a shout through our support channels; The Support Tab, Live Chat, Twitter or Facebook.Kind Regards,JosephQuidco Company Rep

QuidcoCompanyRep

Thanks, but your estimates are unreliable.
Quidco has gained a reputation lately of also being 'unreliable' (putting it mildly from other forum posts) in running these 'promotions'.
Don't get me wrong, the promotions (if paid) are fantastic, brilliant even. But, they need tightened up and with more clarity.
My Boot's one hasn't yet changed (as in delayed further), so we should know within 5 days whether that one is 'reliable'.
The Argos 6 weeks extra is a joke as that's on top of the 3 months expectation anyway.
Watch and wait time.
Edited by: "y-oh-y" 16th Feb

They did me by saying I'd get a tenner cashback if I'd spent £50 with Very. I spent £55, but the small print said that the amount spent was excluding VAT, so it took it under the £50 required. A right underhanded trick IMO.

i received 1 of the £10 opt in bonuses the other day however im none the wiser as to who the spend was with as i opted in to 3 different ones.
Quidco has been shocking imo over the last year i always seem to be having to chase my cash back & they make me laugh when they advertise a specific amount of cash back it tracks lower pays out at lower amount then you have to raise a blinking claim more months to wait

mad569797

i received 1 of the £10 opt in bonuses the other day however im none the … i received 1 of the £10 opt in bonuses the other day however im none the wiser as to who the spend was with as i opted in to 3 different ones.Quidco has been shocking imo over the last year i always seem to be having to chase my cash back & they make me laugh when they advertise a specific amount of cash back it tracks lower pays out at lower amount then you have to raise a blinking claim more months to wait

Same here, one £10 bonus showing today as 'tracked'
Unsure which transaction it relates too, but guessing it's either the Argos one that has changed the goalposts or Boot's that's due in four days. My other two (one a claim) aren't due yet and as one is a hotel stay, that won't confirm until after the stay has been completed.

Regarding changing the estimates, I'm classing each day from the 16th Feb as being over the estimate.
If the payment was confirmed before the changed, later, estimate, would Quidco class this as being paid early? Is the reason for the changed estimate date to manipulate stats? Please don't change estimate dates, they will either be paid on time, early or late.

I made my purchase on that day in November when they had their website issues.(Black Friday)
I'd previously opted in and then made my purchase once the site was back up and running.
Cashback from Zalando has confirmed but not £10 bonus.
I contacted Quidco and was told I had not opted in,but I had 100%.
I've used Quidco since 2007 but will use TCB from now on.

QuidcoCompanyRep

​Can you look at my account?
10 years I've used Quidco and I just hate being fobbed off with lies.
Carl French.

QuidcoCompanyRep

@fivegoldstars - Argos will take around 4 months from the date the claim … @fivegoldstars - Argos will take around 4 months from the date the claim was raised to process claims. The bonus should then follow 3 days after the claim reaches 'confirmed' status. If the bonus is not automatically added in, do give us a shout through our support channels; The Support Tab, Live Chat, Twitter or Facebook.

Credit where credit's due, this has all now tracked correctly.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Recover WIN 10 on HP Laptop22
    2. Windows 7 reactivation57
    3. Should I upgrade to Windows 10?69
    4. Wireless earphones46

See more discussions