Qantas to fly from London to Australia non-stop

Banned 16 replies
Found 11th Dec 2016
16 Comments

Struth

So in reality it's still one stop for most people just the option now includes Perth!

I don't think 2 x10 hour flights are good for the constitution either . Nothing wrong with 3 months (depending on the prevailing winds) on a prison barge , it was good enough for most of our Australian friends' ancestors oO
Edited by: "rogparki" 11th Dec 2016

Why is Australia not the fifth nation of the United Kingdom?
Edited by: "splender" 11th Dec 2016

the flights are going to be very expensive so probably only business class and if they dont want to kill off their customers with space to get up and walk around.

Come on Mr Branson. Get your thinking hat on and open up your purse. Where's the "2-hr" flight to Australia in that space plane idea of yours?

17hrs in economy, Ohhh ouch!

Was always going to happen considering how long some of the middle eastern airline flights are now

Are most people in a rush to get to Australia though? I mean no one goes for the weekend and I would say a vast amount go for longer than a week and more like 10days+. I would therefore guess that most people include the stop off in Singapore or Hong Kong or Dubai on the way out and back as part of their holiday and so are people really going to want to spend 17hrs in a plane, or rather 10hrs, get out spend overnight in nice hotel/different country and then the 6hrs the next day? After 17hrs you are hardly going to be up and about the next day anyway are you. Don't think it will be popular for the masses, especially if your final destination is Sydney and the like.
Edited by: "TPGone" 11th Dec 2016

Would these be more expensive than one stop flights? Discuss.
The plane only has to take off once - I assume that requires a lot of fuel.
But novelty value and demand could mean Quantus charge more.

pothole

Come on Mr Branson. Get your thinking hat on and open up your purse. … Come on Mr Branson. Get your thinking hat on and open up your purse. Where's the "2-hr" flight to Australia in that space plane idea of yours?

​He's too busy destroying the NHS

I thought Qantas already had this covered thanks to their alliance with Emirates.
Qantas flew London to Dubai and then Dubai to Aussieland.

Personally, taking a transit is very good for your knees.

Anything over 9 hours and I start to get twitchy; took a 14 hour flight once, after missing a connection.

Hour 10 I was restless.
Hour 11 I was pacing up and down the cabin
Hour 12 I was feeling a bit hemmed in
Hour 13 I was ready to open the doors and jump the 30,000 feet to the ground
I dont really remember hour 14, perhaps they slipped something into my 150th cup of decaf tea.

ThePasty

Are most people in a rush to get to Australia though? I mean no one goes … Are most people in a rush to get to Australia though? I mean no one goes for the weekend and I would say a vast amount go for longer than a week and more like 10days+. I would therefore guess that most people include the stop off in Singapore or Hong Kong or Dubai on the way out and back as part of their holiday and so are people really going to want to spend 17hrs in a plane, or rather 10hrs, get out spend overnight in nice hotel/different country and then the 6hrs the next day? After 17hrs you are hardly going to be up and about the next day anyway are you. Don't think it will be popular for the masses, especially if your final destination is Sydney and the like.

aint Dubai just 6hrs from UK? that still leave a fair stretch.
Singapore about 14 hrs, leaving 10hr is a bit better?

I have to use the red wine onboard to knock myself out but I wish theyd give you the option of being knocked out and rewoken upon arrival. That way you miss the gruesome flight , films and foods.

I'd probably die if i did that flight. The last flight i did from America was really bad, spent 7 hours standing up at the back of the plane because when i sit down i get these painful leg twitches. The last few hours i basically passed out in my seat.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Help: NowTV Movie pass78
    2. Items broken from argos - will I get replacement or refund?58
    3. heart rate monitor fitness watch44
    4. Charge Back From A Betting Account77

See more discussions