Expired

Quadcopters for beginners help

10 replies
Found 5th Dec 2014
Looking at getting a quadcopter as a stocking filller which are the best for beginners that you can fly inside and out.

10 Comments

A cheap and cheerful one is the Hubsan X4. Pretty stable outside for such a small thing. Haven't tried it in windy conditions though.

Just note though that battery life is only around 15 mins on these things. Great fun during that time though.

Original Poster

What About this Cheerson - CX-10

I've had 3 Hubsans [ lost one of them with the camera and could never find it ] have 2 left . There good but there's better out there .
My m8 bought the Syma X5C and they are great both indoors and out . They take off really smoothly and are very stable in flight.
All the spare parts can be bought cheaply and the X5C is cheaper than the Hubsans . The X5C has a camera too.
Check out the videos of them on youtube.

Have a look at rc groups.com and look at the multirotors forum. I am in the process of building one myself. The micro quadcoptor a look good tho

There fun to build but a lot harder to fly till you get the settings right . I've built three ,2 with the x650 frames , one for a mate with 10" props and mine with 14" props . Everything has to be configured and balanced and that's the problem I'm having .Been trying different firmware on the KK2 but it's still unstable .
If your new to the hobby [like me ] buy a quadcopter that's ready to fly out of the box .[that's what I should do , buy something like a Phantom2 or similar] You'll have much more fun .

here's a couple I did earlier:
http://s163.photobucket.com/user/Rickardo_21/media/IMG_0269_zpsc3bf4f57.jpg.html][IMG]http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t295/Rickardo_21/IMG_0269_zpsc3bf4f57.jpg[/URL][/img]

AR Drone 2.0 for me.

No question....Hubsan x4 amazing machines for beginners and the pro's still love a go now and again too because there sooooooo easy and fun!!!...

£24.99 delivered on ebuyer too atm Bargain!!.

ricko

There fun to build but a lot harder to fly till you get the settings … There fun to build but a lot harder to fly till you get the settings right . I've built three ,2 with the x650 frames , one for a mate with 10" props and mine with 14" props . Everything has to be configured and balanced and that's the problem I'm having .Been trying different firmware on the KK2 but it's still unstable . If your new to the hobby [like me ] buy a quadcopter that's ready to fly out of the box .[that's what I should do , buy something like a Phantom2 or similar] You'll have much more fun .here's a couple I did earlier:[/url][/img]

Currently in the process of building a tarot 650 with 15/16" props multistar4225-390 motors and a multiwii fc with 10000mah 4s lipo. According to ecalc 45 mins flight time. We will see lol

[/quote]Currently in the process of building a tarot 650 with 15/16" props multistar4225-390 motors and a multiwii fc with 10000mah 4s lipo. According to ecalc 45 mins flight time. We will see lol[/quote]

That lot will knock you back a bit . The 6000mAh batterys are about £45 , so the 10000mAh will be a quite a bit more I would think. That's alot of extra weight too .
Can you add a GPS unit to that fc ? I will eventually have to change my fc ,maybe a Naza as I will want a gps unit too.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769326
    2. Any Xbox One news today?2356173
    3. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland2660
    4. Sweet Sunday Codes11

See more discussions