Quality men smart shoes

Posted 16th Oct
A little bit of help - I am looking for good quality smart men's shoes for work as a present.
Budget is £200.
Last year I bought Ted Baker ones but not too keep on their designs this year.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

11 Comments
Loake shoes are a good place to start.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 16th Oct
£200!! check sports direct, got some nice pairs in there between 20 and 40 quid.

Sorry just seems way too expensive for a pair of shoes, but in all honesty they do have nice shoes at sports direct.
oli_1_uk16/10/2019 16:51

£200!! check sports direct, got some nice pairs in there between 20 and 40 …£200!! check sports direct, got some nice pairs in there between 20 and 40 quid.Sorry just seems way too expensive for a pair of shoes, but in all honesty they do have nice shoes at sports direct.

yeah no thanks.
Haircut_10016/10/2019 16:49

Loake shoes are a good place to start.

very nice thank you.
do you know if they are true to size?
AMaky16/10/2019 17:02

yeah no thanks.

No worries, not everyone's cuppa tea
Depending on size needed Debenhams have some Loakes smart black ones half price for £82.50
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 16th Oct
barkershoes.com or cheaney.co.uk

Although a lot are above the budget. If you live near Northamptonshire, you can buy seconds at a fraction of the cost
Edited by: "rmjowen" 16th Oct
If your flexible on budget then I would recommend Carmina.

carminashoemaker.com/
If you're anywhere near Northampton that is the centre of the quality UK hand made shoe region. When I worked down there I used to drop in to the various factrory shops.

Crockett and Jones, Trickers, Barkers, Lobb, etc. I used to buy seconds which usually had tiny insignificant flaws eg, slight nick on the leather - the sort of thing that would happen anyway the first time you wear them outside.
I buy Grenson shoes/boots they’re a good quality shoe. They also have really good sales on as well.
Herring shoes are excellent and they have a sale section. I have a pair of loake and barker excellent shoes. ideally try to buy two pairs and alternate between them so they each get to recover after being worn. Get shoe trees to keep their shape. And try not to wear leather soles when it rains
Edited by: "thesmellyone" 17th Oct
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants