Quality of xbox one wireless controllers getting worse?

Posted 9th Dec 2019
Hi guys, is it just me or is the quality of the xbox one controllers getting worse?
I have 3 limited edition controllers, the crimson gears one from the X1S console, the copper shadow and the Gears 5 one, and each one has had problems within a few months of owning them!
Problems ranging from floating thumb sticks to buttons/triggers sticking, and I look after my controllers.
I'm currently using my sons white one he got with his X1S which is a couple of years old but is still in immaculate condition despite the use its had.
I've dropped big hints to my hubby about the elite pad hoping to get one for xmas because the rate I'm going through controllers it works out cheaper lol.

I'm calling MS today to see if I can get my Gears 5 one replaced.
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

12 Comments
Have you had them apart to see if there's anything inside making things stick?
While it could be they are getting worse.
Have you considered it’s maybe your play style or that you and your son may play different games?
MIDURIX09/12/2019 08:22

Have you had them apart to see if there's anything inside making things …Have you had them apart to see if there's anything inside making things stick?

It feels like the spring in the trigger is sticking and makes a clicking sound, as the the A button it feels like it goes in too far if you get me?
Tbh I'm not confident enough to open them up in case I make it worse
Oneday7709/12/2019 08:28

While it could be they are getting worse. Have you considered it’s maybe y …While it could be they are getting worse. Have you considered it’s maybe your play style or that you and your son may play different games?

I don't play half as much as I used to, my main games are gears and destiny 2, my son plays 4 out of 7 days a week ( I don't let him play every day) fortnite and minecraft and believe me he bashes those buttons on fortnite lol
debs28109/12/2019 08:34

It feels like the spring in the trigger is sticking and makes a clicking …It feels like the spring in the trigger is sticking and makes a clicking sound, as the the A button it feels like it goes in too far if you get me? Tbh I'm not confident enough to open them up in case I make it worse

I had a couple of controllers which I though had bit the dust, a few screws out and you can clean everything. It's impossible to break anything also.
MIDURIX09/12/2019 08:56

I had a couple of controllers which I though had bit the dust, a few …I had a couple of controllers which I though had bit the dust, a few screws out and you can clean everything. It's impossible to break anything also.

I guess I could have a go, two of the pads are out of warranty anyway so wont make much difference
debs28109/12/2019 09:17

I guess I could have a go, two of the pads are out of warranty anyway so …I guess I could have a go, two of the pads are out of warranty anyway so wont make much difference

The A button is fixable, you just need to replace the rubber/ contacts pad. I replaced mine for £1.49, it was a faff, but take your time and its fine. BE CAREFUL WITH THE ELITE, we had one, the stick drifting started within month, and the RB button popped off (both common faults).
frakison09/12/2019 14:01

The A button is fixable, you just need to replace the rubber/ contacts …The A button is fixable, you just need to replace the rubber/ contacts pad. I replaced mine for £1.49, it was a faff, but take your time and its fine. BE CAREFUL WITH THE ELITE, we had one, the stick drifting started within month, and the RB button popped off (both common faults).

Yeah I'm going to buy a kit off ebay for controllers, was that the first elite pad? I'm looking to get the second version as apparently they've sorted the issues out that the first one had
debs28109/12/2019 14:05

Yeah I'm going to buy a kit off ebay for controllers, was that the first …Yeah I'm going to buy a kit off ebay for controllers, was that the first elite pad? I'm looking to get the second version as apparently they've sorted the issues out that the first one had

It was, not sure if the new one addresses the many issues, I'd hope so
frakison09/12/2019 14:09

It was, not sure if the new one addresses the many issues, I'd hope so

And me for the price although it wont be me paying for it
frakison10/12/2019 12:52

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/xbox-one-controller-in-stock-argos-ebay-3360023?pprmrkntfctnsrd=313360388&UATypeId=11

Thanks but it's the elite v2 controller I'm after, I think my hubby may have ordered me one, I dropped enough hints
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions