Quantrin - Weight loss pills

Found 28th Dec 2012
Hi

I am working hard to shed some extra pounds. It's a tough job for me, I am maintaining my diet and started exercise as well. I just read about a weight loss pill named Quantrin in the news paper other day. I was just wondering if anyone could guide me over here whether it's safe to take this as it claims to purely herbal. Does it really work or any side effects? I searched over the net but did not find any useful information? Pls help.

Thanks
Community Updates
Misc
27 Comments
wow purely herbal? must be safe!

if you are losing weight then just carry on, if not then adjust diet/exercise
says you 'started' exercise so seems alot you can do before stupid stuff
I'd avoid any pills dude, there's only one good way to healthy weight loss; hard work, patience and resolve.
Good luck with it.
Yes I would definitely stay away from any type of pill. There are some horrible stories out there.
You've heard it all before, but eat less junk, eat lots of fuit & vegetables and do a lot of exercise, assuming you're reasonably healthy.
Probably the most important thing though, is to try to find out why you eat too much, and get to the root cause (I'm assuming you eat too much!) there's always a psychological reason behind it.
Good luck and I'd stay off the pills.
cycleman

You've heard it all before, but eat less junk, eat lots of fuit & … You've heard it all before, but eat less junk, eat lots of fuit & vegetables and do a lot of exercise, assuming you're reasonably healthy.Probably the most important thing though, is to try to find out why you eat too much, and get to the root cause (I'm assuming you eat too much!) there's always a psychological reason behind it.Good luck and I'd stay off the pills.

Thanks, I dont eat much and junk food never. I dont do any take aways pizza,fries ,chocs or any crisp but its just that I did not do much walk or exercise in past and put on weight.
I'm not really into weight loss pills and such but I tried these Wilko Slimming Aid Tablets x 30
£1.47

They have helped lose and keep the weight off herbal also not so much a laxative but helps shift a lot of crap if you know what I mean take for 6 weeks and then have a break, and don't cost the earth so worth a try!!
Diet and Exercise... that's all you need!! Ops! and lots of will power!
But hey......................you can do it!!!
Loads of ephedrine, pro plus and paracetamol. ...

....on a serious note, portion size and snacking - get those under control and the weight should come off even with moderate exercise.
super_leeds_86

Loads of ephedrine, pro plus and paracetamol. .......on a serious note, … Loads of ephedrine, pro plus and paracetamol. .......on a serious note, portion size and snacking - get those under control and the weight should come off even with moderate exercise.

I'm sure ephedrines illegal!! oO
Maybe speak to your GP, if you have alot to lose, there maybe a program in place to help you. Diet pills aren't the answer. Eating things like raw onion, cucumber and tomatoes can help, as they are diuretics, and help you ditch any weight which is excess water.
I gained 5 stones after having my children and thought I would never lose it. My babies kept me on my toes so I only had time for quick snacks so I ate chocolate most of the time, probably 4 or 5 bars a day. I lost 5 stones eating chocolate and perfectly healthy, maybe in a few years time when I'm 40 I may suffer but I'm bloody gorgeous right now. Pills may stop the hunger so may be a good temporary fix. Only those in your situation can empathise with you. Its very difficult and well done for persevering.
Some pills may help by binding fat from foods you eat but it's a waste of time if you are eating healthily as you shouldn't be eating excessive fat anyway!!

Have a read here

Part one

telegraph.co.uk/hea…tml

Part two

telegraph.co.uk/hea…tml
This is a fantastic free site there is a app too which is fab try it its one that really helps

myfitnesspal.com/wel…ore
jensangel

This is a fantastic free site there is a app too which is fab try it its … This is a fantastic free site there is a app too which is fab try it its one that really helpshttp://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/learn_more

That looks really good.
The pill you mention is actually Quantrim. I do think you will be wasting your money having now read a few news articles.

dailymail.co.uk/fem…tml
It just looks like another celebrity fad, similar to eating nothing but maple syrup for a week! My wife's friend actually considered doing that until she was talked out of it by her friends!

These celebrities do no cook, do not have temptation around them. They have a dietician and chef and they are given healthy food to consume so can only eat those meals. They have personal trainers and the best equipment and gear that money can buy.

Don't be fooled into thinking they eat bloody seaweed pills to keep thin.

Edited by: "Mark2111" 29th Dec 2012
burn more than you eat is the only simple way..

Edited by: "ukmonkey" 30th Dec 2012
Mark2111

That looks really good.

it is there is no hidden aggender ive used it on and off for a few years now. On the app you can scan the foods and put in how much it will tell you fat content cals etc you can put in your excercises it takes it all in acccount you put in how much you want to lose and how quickly and it will alter cals to that although i would suggest going the long route rather then a quick diet then lose weight cos it will all go back on. Plus if you have friends that use it you can help and encorage eachother.
The only weight loss pills that would work would be amphetamine based ( decreased appetite) + amphetamine makes you feel horny, so penty of sex = weight loss!

Just cut out all sugars,alcohol, anything with the word fructose or corn syrup in the ingredients.
jensangel

it is there is no hidden aggender ive used it on and off for a few years … it is there is no hidden aggender ive used it on and off for a few years now. On the app you can scan the foods and put in how much it will tell you fat content cals etc you can put in your excercises it takes it all in acccount you put in how much you want to lose and how quickly and it will alter cals to that although i would suggest going the long route rather then a quick diet then lose weight cos it will all go back on. Plus if you have friends that use it you can help and encorage eachother.

We've all joined that website as although none of us need to lose any real weight (other than the usual christmas increase), we have been thinking about eating more healthy and that site gives an instant calorie count and will be very useful to keep an eye on how much we are eating. I tend to eat the same but my wife likes to eat less one day and more the next depending on where she is, so this site is great for her for working out daily and weekly amounts. Thanks again.
i understand that there is only one weight loss pill that works and it was to be given to obese people in the US. i don't know if it has completed the trial stage yet and come on sale.

it is medicated not herbal. herbal medicine that claims to make you lose weight is lying.
WATER! is your brother, drink lots of it.
super_leeds_86

Loads of ephedrine, pro plus and paracetamol. .......on a serious note, … Loads of ephedrine, pro plus and paracetamol. .......on a serious note, portion size and snacking - get those under control and the weight should come off even with moderate exercise.

ECA yes.. ECP? Not so sure.
Mark2111

We've all joined that website as although none of us need to lose any … We've all joined that website as although none of us need to lose any real weight (other than the usual christmas increase), we have been thinking about eating more healthy and that site gives an instant calorie count and will be very useful to keep an eye on how much we are eating. I tend to eat the same but my wife likes to eat less one day and more the next depending on where she is, so this site is great for her for working out daily and weekly amounts. Thanks again.

I will be useing it in next few days too. I Only want to lose a few lb thankfully. Have you downloaded the app thats what i use more then the web site
Amphetamine
Edited by: "Danielj88" 29th Dec 2012
Thanks all for your valuable suggestions.
Now I feel that I am not alone and everybody is encouraging and motivating me in this tough path of loosing weight.

Currently I am working on my exercise routine and diet plan and have completely dropped the idea of taking weight loss pills.
I will do it in healthy way as you all said. I will come back for more guidance and support when I need and I hope you will all keep helping me in future as well.

Currently I am size 12 and my new year resolution is to bring it back to size 10.
jensangel

This is a fantastic free site there is a app too which is fab try it its … This is a fantastic free site there is a app too which is fab try it its one that really helpshttp://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/learn_more

Thanks its really very nice website and I have joined it now.

Hope I will shed few soon too.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants