God Save The Queen

96 Comments

why does the queen have 2 birthdays??

ViperKeith;4986522

why does the queen have 2 birthdays??

because she's 2 old

mod

She might give us some money

Abolish the monarchy and all such inherited privilege. Let's hear it for the Republic.

And as for 'god save the queen', well that doesn't bother me too much. Since there are no gods beyond those in people's minds, there is no chance they will save her.

p.s. But I should add 'happy birthday Liz' if it actually is her real birthday.

Does that mean shes twice as old as she is then? cos 2 birthdays and ya cant be same age at 2 birthdays can ya?

Liddle ol' me;4986605

Abolish the monarchy and all such inherited privilege. Let's hear it for … Abolish the monarchy and all such inherited privilege. Let's hear it for the Republic. And as for 'god save the queen', well that doesn't bother me too much. Since there are no gods beyond those in people's minds, there is no chance they will save her.p.s. But I should add 'happy birthday Liz' if it actually is her real birthday.

+1

Why say something which they dont believe in?

Liddle ol' me;4986605

Abolish the monarchy and all such inherited privilege. Let's hear it for … Abolish the monarchy and all such inherited privilege. Let's hear it for the Republic. And as for 'god save the queen', well that doesn't bother me too much. Since there are no gods beyond those in people's minds, there is no chance they will save her.p.s. But I should add 'happy birthday Liz' if it actually is her real birthday.

lol, any other long heritage traditions you would like to dissolve in other countries too?

lets rid a country of its cultural heritage because you don't like it

Original Poster Banned

Alfonse;4986694

lol, any other long heritage traditions you would like to dissolve in … lol, any other long heritage traditions you would like to dissolve in other countries too?lets rid a country of its cultural heritage because you don't like it

A country's cultural heritage resides in it's people, not in it's institutions.

Banned

Alfonse;4986694

lol, any other long heritage traditions you would like to dissolve in … lol, any other long heritage traditions you would like to dissolve in other countries too?lets rid a country of its cultural heritage because you don't like it

hurrah for getting rid of cultural heritage... :roll:

FilthAndFurry;4986720

A country's cultural heritage resides in it's people, not in it's … A country's cultural heritage resides in it's people, not in it's institutions.

as the law is in one's mind and not reality

:roll:

dog_cop;4986735

hurrah for getting rid of cultural heritage... :roll:

I'm all for it, as long has its not just targeted at the UK,

lets tell other countries what to do with their institutions (excluding war before the P155 4|\|75 start)

Banned

early morning fishing anyone:-D

Banned

Alfonse;4986802

I'm all for it, as long has its not just targeted at the UK,lets tell … I'm all for it, as long has its not just targeted at the UK,lets tell other countries what to do with their institutions (excluding war before the P155 4|\|75 start)

this country is so rich in cultural heritage,and thankfully it will continue for many years to come

dog_cop;4986818

this country is so rich in cultural heritage,and thankfully it will … this country is so rich in cultural heritage,and thankfully it will continue for many years to come

agreed

We could keep the cultural heritage intact by turning over all of the Royal estates to the National Trust.

And to be fair, the Royal family should be paid off with a few million to keep them quiet and to honour all the hard work they have been doing for tourism etc. But a one-time payment only, and that would be the end of it. They would become regular citizens with no special privileges except for police protection. dog_cop could sign up for that if he wanted.

Banned

Liddle ol' me;4986849

We could keep the cultural heritage intact by turning over all of the … We could keep the cultural heritage intact by turning over all of the Royal estates to the National Trust. And to be fair, the Royal family should be paid off with a few million to keep them quiet and to honour all the hard work they have been doing for tourism etc. But a one-time payment only, and that would be the end of it. They would become regular citizens with no special privileges except for police protection.

ahahaha you been at the cooking sherry again :w00t:

Original Poster Banned

Alfonse;4986782

as the law is in one's mind and not reality:roll:

I'm not really understanding your point. The seat of power resides with the people in this country, and it's heritage is not tied to any institution.

And if they wanted, the Windsors could start their own reality TV programme for extra income. A bit like The Osbournes, just with more to laugh at.

Original Poster Banned

Alfonse;4986802

I'm all for it, as long has its not just targeted at the UK,lets tell … I'm all for it, as long has its not just targeted at the UK,lets tell other countries what to do with their institutions (excluding war before the P155 4|\|75 start)

We do tell other countries what to do with their institutions, but that's besides the point. We're talking about the monarchy in this country.

Banned

Liddle ol' me;4986868

And if they wanted, the Windors could start their own reality TV … And if they wanted, the Windors could start their own reality TV programme for extra income. A bit like The Osbournes, just with more to laugh at.

the windors ? what some kid of window replacement company

anyway happy birthday Liz.. as this is a birthday thread and not a fishing trip

Original Poster Banned

dog_cop;4986883

the windors ? what some kid of window replacement company :panyway happy … the windors ? what some kid of window replacement company :panyway happy birthday Liz.. as this is a birthday thread and not a fishing trip

Not every opinion contrary to your's is an attempt at fishing. Please realise that other people are able to debate issues you can't. :thumbsup:

Did you know that I met Prince Charles in Cardiff and shared a 2-minute conversation with him (not a porky either, it happened). Nice chap actually. I'd personally like to see him prosper in the New Republic of Britain.

Banned

Liddle ol' me;4986908

Did you know that I met Prince Charles in Cardiff and shared a 2-minute … Did you know that I met Prince Charles in Cardiff and shared a 2-minute conversation with him (not a porky either, it happened). Nice chap actually. I'd personally like to see him prosper in the New Republic of Britain.

I have a better claim to fame.. I cooked for him and his personal protection team.. and he will make a good king :thumbsup:

Hmmm ... I like that name.

New Republic of Britain

Copyright @ Liddle ol' me 21.04.09

Original Poster Banned

dog_cop;4986917

I have a better claim to fame.. I cooked for him and his personal … I have a better claim to fame.. I cooked for him and his personal protection team.. and he will make a good king :thumbsup:

How exactly will he make a good King? Considering the impotence of the monarchy I fail to see how one could excel or falter, short of insulting a foreign leader.

dog_cop;4986917

I have a better claim to fame.. I cooked for him and his personal … I have a better claim to fame.. I cooked for him and his personal protection team.. and he will make a good king :thumbsup:

Ah, but did you actually meet him and share thoughts about Cardiff Castle's proposed restoration project? Cooking doesn't count unless it was bangers and mash. :-D

p.s. There are no kings, just people who blindly follow them.

andywedge;4986530

She might give us some money

Doesn't it mean we all have to give her £10 in Birthday money? I can't remember the rules on this one...

FilthAndFurry;4986936

How exactly will he make a good King? Considering the impotence of the … How exactly will he make a good King? Considering the impotence of the monarchy I fail to see how one could excel or falter, short of insulting a foreign leader.

People who follow kings just accept things like this. Questions are usually an exercise in futility.

Banned

Liddle ol' me;4986940

Ah, but did you actually meet him and share thoughts about Cardiff … Ah, but did you actually meet him and share thoughts about Cardiff Castle's proposed restoration project? Cooking doesn't count unless it was bangers and mash. :-Dp.s. There are no kings, just people who blindly follow them.

yes I spoke to him and it was egg and chips..
    restoration of our cultural heritage..nah what a waste of cash ..

duckmagicuk2;4986943

Doesn't it mean we all have to give her £10 in Birthday money? I can't … Doesn't it mean we all have to give her £10 in Birthday money? I can't remember the rules on this one...

Do we? Bloody hell, didn't know that! Can I claim mine back on ideological grounds? :thinking:

FilthAndFurry;4986878

We do tell other countries what to do with their institutions, but that's … We do tell other countries what to do with their institutions, but that's besides the point. We're talking about the monarchy in this country.

as you said, it resides in its people so just create that illusion and reside it within you and stay there

Banned

Liddle ol' me;4986973

Do we? Bloody hell, didn't know that! Can I claim mine back on the fact I … Do we? Bloody hell, didn't know that! Can I claim mine back on the fact I am a tight wad ? :thinking:

dog_cop;4986961

yes I spoke to him and it was egg and chips.. :)restoration of our … yes I spoke to him and it was egg and chips.. :)restoration of our cultural heritage..nah what a waste of cash ..

Cultural heritage is a good thing to preserve , not restore. All thoughtful cultures should have museums etc , if only to help us teach our children not to make the same mistakes.

Egg and chips? What did you say: "Your food, your Highness" ...???

Original Poster Banned

Alfonse;4986978

as you said, it resides in its people so just create that illusion and … as you said, it resides in its people so just create that illusion and reside it within you and stay there

I could say the same to you and your ideology that we should have a ruler 'anointed' by 'god' and with the ability to dissolve the democratically chosen parliament.

They're a remnant from an unenlightened age and are the epitomy of an anachronistic institution.

Banned

Liddle ol' me;4987012

Cultural heritage is a good thing to preserve , not restore. All … Cultural heritage is a good thing to preserve , not restore. All thoughtful cultures should have museums etc , if only to help us teach our children not to make the same mistakes.Egg and chips? What did you say: "Your food, your Highness" ...???

oi charlie.."one egg mate" :thumbsup:

dog_cop;4986992

QUOTE: Liddle ol' me: Do we? Bloody hell, didn't know that! Can I claim … QUOTE: Liddle ol' me: Do we? Bloody hell, didn't know that! Can I claim mine back on the fact I am a tight wad

Now I could respond by saying that as an educator I get paid less than a bent copper, but I wouldn't stoop that low.

Banned

Liddle ol' me;4987038

Now I could respond by saying that as an educator I get paid less than a … Now I could respond by saying that as an educator I get paid less than a bent copper, but I wouldn't stoop that low.

you can stoop as low as you like.. but never as low as teachers

dog_cop;4987028

oi charlie.."one egg mate" :thumbsup:

Nonsense. You'd be all deferential and tongue-tied if you came face-to-face with him. The best you'd be able to do is curtsey! :-D

dog_cop;4987054

you can stoop as low as you like.. but never as low as teachers

You might have a point there. I've known a few...
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826348
      2. Royal Mil track and trace77
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423814465
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553766

See more discussions