Query

Posted 5th Nov
If your cold votes are limited and you have to justify them then why don’t all the cold threads have 00’s if not 000’s of comments?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Because they aren’t limited and you don’t have to justify them.
14 Comments
What on earth?
Stop it op, I have a hangover.
Some negative temperature threads have 0 comments.

Like this one:
[ hotukdeals.com/dea…469 ]
myusernamehasgone23405/11/2019 10:27

this. i have never been asked to justify a hot or cold vote. it would spoil the voting system if this was introduced.
myusernamehasgone23405/11/2019 10:27

See this is what I thought but recieved a message saying that my votes where unfair and that if I continue to vote unfairly that my voting will be blocked so I now justify all my votes. No doubt this will cause issues and upset. If I knew I couldn’t vote cold for deals I didn’t seem a deal then I wouldn’t have voted either way.
DanSpaghetti05/11/2019 12:01

See this is what I thought but recieved a message saying that my votes …See this is what I thought but recieved a message saying that my votes where unfair and that if I continue to vote unfairly that my voting will be blocked so I now justify all my votes. No doubt this will cause issues and upset. If I knew I couldn’t vote cold for deals I didn’t seem a deal then I wouldn’t have voted either way.

Don't vote cold on specific "Deals"; vote hot on every other "Deal".

My voting privileges were revoked for years because I voted negatively too many times (without providing a reason).
The fact I could vote positively & not leave a reason didn't seem to matter, though.
Op most will have had it don’t worry about it just vote how you see fit.

Many in here probably don’t vote anymore it’s pointless in some cases just look at last week with so many hot deals and very few cold one just because of the flamedeer competition.
eslick05/11/2019 12:13

Op most will have had it don’t worry about it just vote how you see fit. M …Op most will have had it don’t worry about it just vote how you see fit. Many in here probably don’t vote anymore it’s pointless in some cases just look at last week with so many hot deals and very few cold one just because of the flamedeer competition.

Ah I see. I wasn’t trying to stir trouble just more trying to understand why my opinion can’t dictate my voting habits.
Maybe they should implement a deal comment box after you vote and justify the vote? And they should ban people who “voting hot for the effort” < not a valid reason if the deal is a bit poo?
DanSpaghetti05/11/2019 12:16

Ah I see. I wasn’t trying to stir trouble just more trying to understand w …Ah I see. I wasn’t trying to stir trouble just more trying to understand why my opinion can’t dictate my voting habits. Maybe they should implement a deal comment box after you vote and justify the vote? And they should ban people who “voting hot for the effort” < not a valid reason if the deal is a bit poo?

Your opinion can dictate your voting habits. That is how the voting system was designed to function.

They just would prefer you to leave a comment if you are voting negatively.

Their ball; their rules.
fanpages05/11/2019 12:18

Your opinion can dictate your voting habits. That is how the voting …Your opinion can dictate your voting habits. That is how the voting system was designed to function.They just would prefer you to leave a comment if you are voting negatively.Their ball; their rules.

But then it leads further questions as if I say “this isn’t a good deal as I got it for £x last week” you then get the “where’s the time machine store” rebellion out in force. I’ll leave it at this and go enjoy a nice butty 🥪
DanSpaghetti05/11/2019 12:24

But then it leads further questions as if I say “this isn’t a good deal as …But then it leads further questions as if I say “this isn’t a good deal as I got it for £x last week” you then get the “where’s the time machine store” rebellion out in force. I’ll leave it at this and go enjoy a nice butty 🥪

You've met the criteria for your 'cold' vote. If anybody steps outside of the site's rules (read: guidelines) responding to you, "report" their comment.

Happy eating.

See this is what I thought but recieved a message saying that my votes …See this is what I thought but recieved a message saying that my votes where unfair and that if I continue to vote unfairly that my voting will be blocked so I now justify all my votes. No doubt this will cause issues and upset. If I knew I couldn’t vote cold for deals I didn’t seem a deal then I wouldn’t have voted either way.

I wonder how easy it is to trigger this?

Did you only vote deals cold?

Seems like your not the only person who has had this happened to them.

I don’t understand why justify your cold votes will cause issue and upset. I find the feedback helpful when people explain why they voted cold on my deals even if I don’t agree it’s good to see another perspective.

Or do you mean your reasons for voting are personal and you don’t want to share and it’s upsetting for you to have to share them and not others.

I think if voting is taken away from a member it should apply to both hot & cold voting, not you can’t vote cold anymore.

I have never heard of this and thanks for bringing it to people's attention.

I vote cold on a lot of posts that are obviously posted by people that who are getting incentives (Pepper experts mainly).
I mean how many deals from eurocarparts and Robert Dyas can people put up in one day without it being flagged unless HUKD are getting something out of it.
And don't get me started on Screwfix

I will expect my ban shortly.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants