Groups
    EXPIRED

Query about Air Filters for CARS

Ive got a MK2 - Renault Clio 2003 1.4 16V
    I want to get an air filter so my car sounds like a beast but as a car n00b i dont know which one to get and what to look out for

Daniel

25 Comments

ned :whistling:

Get a K&N one.

Just punch bloody great holes in your exhaust. Sorted.

Shengis;8461465

Just punch bloody great holes in your exhaust. Sorted.

:thumbsup:

Adam2050;8461460

Get a K&N one.

I've got a 57i and a DTM exhaust. quiet as anything. What he needs is a straight through 3" exhaust aka a baked bean tin:lol:

Shengis;8461495

I've got a 57i and a DTM exhaust. quiet as anything. What he needs is a … I've got a 57i and a DTM exhaust. quiet as anything. What he needs is a straight through 3" exhaust aka a baked bean tin:lol:

3"? Nah he wants some of these bad boys.

http://hackedgadgets.com/wp-content/Car_With_Twin_Jet_Engines_On_eBay_7.JPG

You need an induction kit. Look on ebay.

Dan why noy just get a decent car? I never had you down as the sort that needed toss like this.

Banned

Cars!

Drill loads of holes in the air box below the filter
    gives a great noise

Banned

Paddy_o_furniture;8461935

Dan why noy just get a decent car? I never had you down as the sort that … Dan why noy just get a decent car? I never had you down as the sort that needed toss like this.

guessing insurance as a noob driver, from the op

Spend the money on a proper car and don't be such a chav!

Original Poster

Paddy_o_furniture;8461935

Dan why noy just get a decent car? I never had you down as the sort that … Dan why noy just get a decent car? I never had you down as the sort that needed toss like this.

It is a stop gap car -im only 20 kris and on my 2nd car ;-D -Anything more than a 1.4 will cost me insurance - ive got a motorbike so dont need a beasty car - just want to improve on what it is

baffledsalmon;8462340

Spend the money on a proper car and don't be such a chav!

Ha ha its a 5 door 1.4 renault clio in burgandy not really a chav car
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs152.snc1/5660_102096877581_515912581_2191150_6103325_n.jpg

dandoc2;8463570

Ha ha its a 5 door 1.4 renault clio in burgandy not really a chav car

I see great chav potential there..... Dump that, get yourself one of these....

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x59/jconna77/potentaur.jpg

:lol:

Filters won't alter the sound of your car?!?!!!! Get a better exhaust!

Original Poster

ei8hty5ive;8463773

Induction kit?

dandoc2;8463795

Induction kit?

Induction Kit will make a whooshing sort of noise, and will increase your acceleration a bit! Don't forget to tell your insurance company though :thumbsup:

Original Poster

ha ha will do - tbf my car makes a good noise atm and great acceleration so atm will leave it cheers

dandoc2;8463939

ha ha will do - tbf my car makes a good noise atm and great acceleration … ha ha will do - tbf my car makes a good noise atm and great acceleration so atm will leave it cheers

Reallllllly? REALLLLLLLLLLLLY?

Banned

daddy bought me a car a 350z he paid for insurance and everything ,but i cant afford to get it seviced at a main dealer........so ill make up some cock n bull story about main dealer not wanting my business and not fixing my car properly:whistling:

did i mention i have a 350z that my daddy bought me.....

your car is crap i have a 350z did i tell you yet

you are poor and my daddy is soooooooo rich he bought me a 350z:w00t:

get out trout!!!!!

casparwhite;8464739

daddy bought me a car a 350z he paid for insurance and everything ,but i … daddy bought me a car a 350z he paid for insurance and everything ,but i cant afford to get it seviced at a main dealer........so ill make up some cock n bull story about main dealer not wanting my business and not fixing my car properly:whistling:did i mention i have a 350z that my daddy bought me.....your car is crap i have a 350z did i tell you yetyou are poor and my daddy is soooooooo rich he bought me a 350z:w00t:get out trout!!!!!

:giggle:

Banned

ei8hty5ive;8463773

btw you are wrong a decent air filter like k&n would increase power & torques plus giving a little wroughty sound.........

used to be the first thing we did with the old mg metros before boreing em out for extra unreliability and bolting on a turbo

casparwhite;8464739

daddy bought me a car a 350z he paid for insurance and everything ,but i … daddy bought me a car a 350z he paid for insurance and everything ,but i cant afford to get it seviced at a main dealer........so ill make up some cock n bull story about main dealer not wanting my business and not fixing my car properly:whistling:did i mention i have a 350z that my daddy bought me.....your car is crap i have a 350z did i tell you yetyou are poor and my daddy is soooooooo rich he bought me a 350z:w00t:get out trout!!!!!

Bitter much :thumbsup:

baffledsalmon;8464860

Yes how can you live with a 350z when it's been replaced by the 370z!:roll:

Banned

baffledsalmon;8464860

not at all i just think you post to brag a litttle too often. daddys girl and all that......and trust me i wouldnt touch a 350z tbh........back to my V8s shortly :whistling:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Free minion usb stick77
      2. Tv choice magazine Issue 391313
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2020

See more discussions