Query on Lenovo Ideapad 3 Ryzen 5 4500u laptop delivery date

Posted 6th Jun
Hi, has anyone bought an Ideapad 3 from the Lenovo store in the past month or so?
I bought a AMD 4500U 15" laptop with upgraded screen, battery, SSD, fingerprint reader and it said it would ship in more than six weeks (below the price when purchasing). Which is fine during a pandemic I thought.

I checked the delivery date today and it says it is expected to ship on December 31st 2020 and be delivered January 2021...is this definite information on the Lenovo website or is it like a placeholder date?
Technically 6 months is more than "more than six weeks" but I was expecting maybe 8 weeks lol

I think I've seen on other threads about the delivery dates (and journeys!) but just wanted to see if the order detail changes when you look up your order or not? I included the upgrade options I went for as this may be a factor? I just want to see if I should cancel this order and go for something else.
Thanks in advance for any info
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Yes they change all of the time but that’s way out, contact them they will “help” you with a different choice if you can’t wait according to the email. Ours came kart week, didn’t upgrade the screen or the fingerprint scanner though.
Ok, thank you for your reply. Good to know it changes but yes I thought it was way out too! I will contact them and see what they say (if that gets me anywhere!) When did you order yours if you don’t mind me asking? If it comes to one of my upgrades is the delay I could downgrade I guess
Cinco06/06/2020 18:58

Ok, thank you for your reply. Good to know it changes but yes I thought it …Ok, thank you for your reply. Good to know it changes but yes I thought it was way out too! I will contact them and see what they say (if that gets me anywhere!) When did you order yours if you don’t mind me asking? If it comes to one of my upgrades is the delay I could downgrade I guess

20th April, came last Friday.
2021????

Wow, I'm cheesed off that mine, ordered 20 April, hasn't arrived yet but allegedly it will turn up next week.
eslick06/06/2020 20:51

20th April, came last Friday.

Yeah that was the time frame I was expecting for mine, thanks
u66454106/06/2020 21:28

2021????Wow, I'm cheesed off that mine, ordered 20 April, hasn't arrived …2021????Wow, I'm cheesed off that mine, ordered 20 April, hasn't arrived yet but allegedly it will turn up next week.

I know right!! I couldn’t believe it when I saw 2021! Hopefully when I contact them they can tell me what’s going on. Not sure if it’s to do with the AMD 4500U processor...who knows

Hope yours comes next week
Cinco06/06/2020 21:35

I know right!! I couldn’t believe it when I saw 2021! Hopefully when I c …I know right!! I couldn’t believe it when I saw 2021! Hopefully when I contact them they can tell me what’s going on. Not sure if it’s to do with the AMD 4500U processor...who knowsHope yours comes next week

Just checked and mine is the 3500u processor
u66454106/06/2020 21:41

Just checked and mine is the 3500u processor

Thank you for checking
Post a comment
@
    Text