Found 24th Jul 2009
Basically... we had someone ring up about a car yesterday from Manc... and they wanted to buy a 4k car that they hadnt even seen... anyway they made the payment and it all went through fine...

Half hour later they call saying someone is gunna pick it up... so im like... hmm bit DODGE!

Called the bank and they said because the customer wasnt present they can claim upto 4 months later and dispute it... Scam much? or me being paranoid much?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
18 Comments

scam you plonker lol

said in a loving way :roll:

screaming scam to me

mod

Wow. Not sure DG; but you are right to be suspicious. I would call back and say you need the new owner present and his signature otherwise the sale cannot be completed. See what he says.

Play safe, wouldnt let it go myself. prehaps im just to careful, but do you really want to be out of pocket

SCAM for sure

if it's too good then it's..................

scam, protect yourself by obtaining full id of person collecting, taking their picture and asking them to sign a receipt. reverse the payment and ask for cash

Original Poster Banned

Well... the bank said the payment had gone through fine.. no probs there.

Then they informed me about the dispute situation because he wasnt present...

Yeh... Scam it is then lol

CASE CLOSED

Benson's Bargain;5842318

if it's too good to be true then it's..................

scam i already had this and luckily someone warned me and sorted it.

Original Poster Banned

wulshaz;5842338

scam i already had this and luckily someone warned me and sorted it.

Fair play... i thought it was.. but knowing the 4k had been paid kinda wants you to believe it isnt.

First question. What on earth were you doing giving your bank details to someone you'd never met????? Kiss goodbye to your credit rating and possible your ID!

Original Poster Banned

starsparkle2311;5842453

Just wanted to say Hi Dangergod, misc is crap without you, miss you much, … Just wanted to say Hi Dangergod, misc is crap without you, miss you much, goodnight and goodbye!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup::-D

hey hoe SS

Uncle Monkey;5842465

First question. What on earth were you doing giving your bank details to … First question. What on earth were you doing giving your bank details to someone you'd never met????? Kiss goodbye to your credit rating and possible your ID!

no no no NOOO... he gave me his details... he bought the car.

Banned

DangerGod;5842329

Well... the bank said the payment had gone through fine.. no probs … Well... the bank said the payment had gone through fine.. no probs there.Then they informed me about the dispute situation because he wasnt present...Yeh... Scam it is then lolCASE CLOSED

What your bank has said is true and accurate. They can claim the money back. Cash is the only sure fire way - and since its a car and they are collecting.... insist thats the method of payment.

Did he have a Nigerian accent?

DangerGod;5842480

hey hoe SS :pno no no NOOO... he gave me his details... he bought the car.

So how did he credit you with £4k?

Original Poster Banned

guv;5842492

What your bank has said is true and accurate. They can claim the money … What your bank has said is true and accurate. They can claim the money back. Cash is the only sure fire way - and since its a car and they are collecting.... insist thats the method of payment.Did he have a Nigerian accent?

Yeh... when i found tht out i just told them to re-credit him

Nah he was a manc guv

Original Poster Banned

Uncle Monkey;5842503

So how did he credit you with £4k?

Card details... my uncle sells them for a living... we have a machine to do it through

Original Poster Banned

choc1969;5842287

scam you plonker lolsaid in a loving way :roll:

bitseylango;5842289

screaming scam to me

andywedge;5842291

Wow. Not sure DG; but you are right to be suspicious. I would call back … Wow. Not sure DG; but you are right to be suspicious. I would call back and say you need the new owner present and his signature otherwise the sale cannot be completed. See what he says.

tinkerbell28;5842310

Scam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bargainhunter2009;5842316

SCAM for sure

Benson's Bargain;5842318

if it's too good then it's..................

ADZ1478;5842319

scam, protect yourself by obtaining full id of person collecting, taking … scam, protect yourself by obtaining full id of person collecting, taking their picture and asking them to sign a receipt. reverse the payment and ask for cash

Thanks ^^^^
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. word association Game74244871
    2. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322826
    3. Misco about to go into administration912
    4. Add one, leave one game54315392

See more discussions